M3 nearly here...

BMW M GmbH & Alpina Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH
adsgreen
Cruising

Re: M3 nearly here...

Post by adsgreen » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:35 am

I prefered the 46 over the 92.
Forget the DSG on the 46 and go for a proper manual one and it's just great.

sonny
Cruising

Post by sonny » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:53 pm

adsgreen wrote:I prefered the 46 over the 92.
CSL Now thats a car worth owning.
Money can't buy you love, but it can buy you a well sorted racecar

PJC
Cruising

Post by PJC » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:41 pm

sonny wrote:
adsgreen wrote:I prefered the 46 over the 92.
CSL Now thats a car worth owning.
Be even better with a different gearbox.

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 pm

it seems the general opinion of people that have owned or still own the 46...the 90/92 ..is a let down :shock: i thought it handled superbly for rwd..the biggest letdown for me was the lack of v8 noise at low to mid revs..it sounds tinny like the previous 46s... the m trademark noise if you like..for me i want a v8 to sound a v8. :biggrin2:
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

P_G
Cruising

Post by P_G » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:16 am

bam_bam wrote:A74M? - Awesome road and no cameras that I know of (last time I was on it was 2.5 months ago), I would've had a letter by now as I did most of it in the triples...
You were very lucky then because that is where I lost my licence for such an offence and in Scotland those coaught over 100 go to the Sherriff's Court, normally Lanark and it is an automatic 1 year ban for anything over 100, do not pass go and collect a £200+ fine. Letters from procurator fiscal take up to 12 weeks. Camera's are not so prevalent on that road, it is the unmarked cars that are the real threat.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:17 am

P_G wrote:Letters from procurator fiscal take up to 12 weeks.
Is it posted from a desert island via a message in a bottle?
Well there you go OP, do not speed on any road between M3 ground zero and your house, do not rev past 5kRPM, do not drive through snow, do not drive in the wet, do not pass GO, do collect £250 fine, do not buy the E92 M, do not hear a real V8.

On behalf of everyone at RS246, enjoy your BMW.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Boggle73
4th Gear

Post by Boggle73 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:01 am

bam_bam wrote:
Well there you go OP, do not speed on any road between M3 ground zero and your house, do not rev past 5kRPM, do not drive through snow, do not drive in the wet, do not pass GO, do collect £250 fine, do not buy the E92 M, do not hear a real V8.

Or just walk, it would appear it's a lot safer.
Past - B7 RS4 Cabriolet - Silver - Resonated Valved Milltek
Past - TTRS - Suzuka Grey
Past - RS4 Cabriolet - Phantom Black

( I know what your all thinking, but I'm not )

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:19 am

bam_bam wrote:

LOL

:biggrin3:

klauster
Top Gear

Post by klauster » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 am

Good luck with the M3, im sure it will be a great car, the only thing that puts me off a BMW is the extremely dull interior, I know thats delibrate (not to get in the way of the driving experience) but I like to be sat somewhere a little nicer
RS3 8P 2013 Phantom Black with Ally Pack and Black Optics Grille | LED Interior and number plate lights - GONE :(
RS4 B7 2006 Phantom Black with Titan alloys and mirrors - GONE :(

TimDogg
4th Gear

Post by TimDogg » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:38 am

Me too - the interiors are dull - I prefer Ford interiors, they can be very innovative but then again I'm not a great fan of the A4/RS4 interior either really, SEAT do a better job. I was going to migrate into the V8 M3 but something, not sure what, just said that I was getting more for my money with the RS4 - the fuel economy on the M5 is terrible apparently so I had to not go there so it was just the M6 left and that was too pricey so I stayed with the RS4. I am sooooo tempted by the Focus RS but people on here tell me not to bother. I swear though - if you want true 'smiles per mile' motoring, go and buy a £4k MG Midget -they are brilliant! My wife has one which I stole the other week and it is TRUE motoring - old school! Clarkson said it was the last of the true sports cars and the great thing is that when you are doing 40 mph it feels like you're doing 100!

It would fit in the RS's boot though as they are very small - thread hijack, I'll move on!
'13 Audi A4 Allroad - White (loaded)
'06 Audi RS4 - Sprint Blue (Non-res Milltek, valved)
'04 Lotus Elise 111R (Aubergine NOT purple) - will sell in the spring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4KN_l7 ... SVUBYBWtEA
'56 ST220 (Sold)
'97 ST24 (Sold - loved lots)

Steve_C
Top Gear

Post by Steve_C » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 am

scaghead - no I haven't owned any BMWs before! A friend had a 46 and says it is more raw (but less safe in the wet) than the 90/92. Picked the car up yesterday and loving it!! Will post my initial thoughts tonight hopefully.
Gone to the dark side

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 am

I really hope you love the new car,I have heard very good reviews about it.

I also had an e46 estoril blue cab with hard top,it lasted 6 months,didnt sound that great even with the milly i fitted and it felt
slow,i also had an e30 M3 when i was 19 and loved it,mega rare sounded great,great interior for its age,but i nearly
died a few times,being 19 i thought i was nigel mansell lol,great in the dry but evil in the wet.
I would love another one again one day
Drive low,park lower

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Steve_C wrote:scaghead - no I haven't owned any BMWs before! A friend had a 46 and says it is more raw (but less safe in the wet) than the 90/92. Picked the car up yesterday and loving it!! Will post my initial thoughts tonight hopefully.
look forward to it fella :beerchug: out of curiosity i wonder what a milly sounds like.
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

mac4RS
4th Gear

Post by mac4RS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:29 pm

TimDogg wrote:Me too - the interiors are dull - I prefer Ford interiors, they can be very innovative but then again I'm not a great fan of the A4/RS4 interior either really, SEAT do a better job. I was going to migrate into the V8 M3 but something, not sure what, just said that I was getting more for my money with the RS4 - the fuel economy on the M5 is terrible apparently so I had to not go there so it was just the M6 left and that was too pricey so I stayed with the RS4. I am sooooo tempted by the Focus RS but people on here tell me not to bother. I swear though - if you want true 'smiles per mile' motoring, go and buy a £4k MG Midget -they are brilliant! My wife has one which I stole the other week and it is TRUE motoring - old school! Clarkson said it was the last of the true sports cars and the great thing is that when you are doing 40 mph it feels like you're doing 100!

It would fit in the RS's boot though as they are very small - thread hijack, I'll move on!
Focus RS??...a true Ford RS...does what it says on the tin & some more.

Return to “BMW M & Alpina”