<beep> customer service from Beemer

BMW M GmbH & Alpina Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH
amanda1
Top Gear

<beep> customer service from Beemer

Post by amanda1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Be glad you don't own a Beemer.......a battery failure and they need the car to make sure it's not the stater motor or alternator. Mine have had all 3 replaced less than 10,000 miles ago under warranty by bmw. I am in dispute with bmw head office at the mo with a car that's only done 34,000 . A battery ffs it shows is buggereed ....what are my dealer going to add????

Dealer

We need to have the car to check all is working.........yeah right the battery is buggered
Car is an mot failure won't start as battery is flat.....please pick it up
No we have no transport to do this......aghhhhhh
They are not moving over this and all for a battery less than 2 yrs old in warranty with receipt and under £180
950 nm torque!

Ohh running bridgestones because they are the best ;)

Batfinnk
4th Gear

Re: <beep> customer service from Beemer

Post by Batfinnk » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:53 pm

I have converted to the dark side and bought myself a 2007 E61 530d touring. After hearing some of the stories on the BMW forums about the dealers they are the last place I would ever take it! They seem to be even worse than some Audi dealers! On a more positive note I feel like a C5 owner as my gearbox which is a ZF has started playing up. Lol
Current car: 2007 BMW 530d touring.
Previous car: 2005 S4 B7.

Batfinnk
4th Gear

Post by Batfinnk » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Have you asked them if they coded the new battery to the car as his must be done otherwise the car won't charge it correctly and wreck it pretty quickly.

Mr V10
Cruising

Post by Mr V10 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:05 pm

It's up to your roadside assistance to sort the car, it may only have 34,000 miles, but it is what, 10 years old? And it is parked up doing nothing most of the time, so the battery is not treated to normal conditions. Under the terms of their parts warranty (exactly the same as Audi's) they need to identify themselves that the battery is faulty, to do that, get it up to them, that's a job for your roadside, not them. What they're saying is completely reasonable, they're not going to just come out and replace the battery, HQ require they diagnose it, or the dealership is left with the bill, unfortunately, they can't just take your word for it. Once they've confirmed a faulty battery, they can log it with BMW UK and get a replacement sorted, it's simple, and the same across most manufacturers, including Audi. Now get on the phone to the AA, and stop whinging. :)
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753PS, 1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon S-Tronic, Sepang, B&O, Tech Pack w/connect, 19" 5 Arm Wing Alloys, Comfort Pack, LED Light Pack - Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport

longman h
4th Gear

Post by longman h » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Batfinnk wrote:I have converted to the dark side and bought myself a 2007 E61 530d touring. After hearing some of the stories on the BMW forums about the dealers they are the last place I would ever take it! They seem to be even worse than some Audi dealers! On a more positive note I feel like a C5 owner as my gearbox which is a ZF has started playing up. Lol
Is yours an LCI model? If it isn't, the ZF6HP26 was know for having a few issues, mainly with the torque converter. The later ZF6HP28 in the LCI cars was pretty reliable from what I've read.

I had a pre-LCI 535d touring and that gearbox was irritating as he'll and had a mind of its own.
The C5 has it's moments where it becomes slightly confused but nowhere near as often as the BM.

Sorry for taking this slightly off topic.

H
Daytona Grey C6 RS6 Avant
Ebony Black C5 RS6 Plus - Gone

Batfinnk
4th Gear

Post by Batfinnk » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:03 pm

It is a post LCi. Have found out the previous owner had the oil and filter changed back in jan by a local garage. Has been diagnosed as refilled incorrectly so going to get it topped up and all should be well again :)

longman h
4th Gear

Post by longman h » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:14 am

Batfinnk wrote:It is a post LCi. Have found out the previous owner had the oil and filter changed back in jan by a local garage. Has been diagnosed as refilled incorrectly so going to get it topped up and all should be well again :)
Ah good stuff. Hopefully all will be well after then. :beerchug:
Daytona Grey C6 RS6 Avant
Ebony Black C5 RS6 Plus - Gone

amanda1
Top Gear

Post by amanda1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Update!
Dealer came down and picked the Beemer up, kept it overnight and returned it next day with a new battery under warranty.......mot has now been passed and car is road legal :bigwave:
950 nm torque!

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:15 pm

A battery... under warranty... that's madness.
No matter where you go, there you are.

amanda1
Top Gear

Post by amanda1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:24 pm

bam_bam wrote:A battery... under warranty... that's madness.
No, the battery is warranted for 2 years by bmw .......it failed within in the 2 yrs so it has now been replaced FOC under their warranty terms :)
950 nm torque!

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:13 pm

But you could've been using the battery to torture American POWs in a Vietnamese death camp, then shipped it back to the UK where you've just swapped it out under warranty... How is there money in that? Good customer service, yes, but there are so many factors to failure.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:56 am

I've had a battery replaced under warranty at Euro Car Parts. Just took it back with reciept within the year and no questions asked.
We have a fair few batteries fail under warranty through work, we have to do a few test before they are swapped though.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:14 pm

That looks like fairly good Customer Service to me.

My experience with BMW C/S through my F10 M5 rejection was nothing but excellent (if i forget they were quite poor at keeping me informed). Got a better (much) than expected result & they acted swiftly.

I think it all depends on the individual who's managing the case & i'd suggest it's no better/worse than their competitors.
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

VARSITY
4th Gear

Post by VARSITY » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 am

W8PMC wrote:That looks like fairly good Customer Service to me.

My experience with BMW C/S through my F10 M5 rejection was nothing but excellent (if i forget they were quite poor at keeping me informed). Got a better (much) than expected result & they acted swiftly.

I think it all depends on the individual who's managing the case & i'd suggest it's no better/worse than their competitors.
Paul still regrets not buying another Audi though I am sure......

....otherwise he wouldn't be on an Audi forum complaining about BMW.....

:biggrin3:
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:53 am

VARSITY wrote:"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Never argue with an idiot, they will dragrace you down to their level and beat you with repetition.

FIXED.

Return to “BMW M & Alpina”