My F10 M5 Formally Rejected!!

BMW M GmbH & Alpina Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH
ROY
4th Gear

Re: My F10 M5 Formally Rejected!!

Post by ROY » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Sorry your having bad luck with the F10
We're running both an M6 and M5 at work and no problems touch wood

I know exactly how you feel I had a worse scenario with a 10 plate Disco 4 HSE a few years ago - I broke down over 5 times and it spent most of its time in LR
I was promised by LR that they would replace it with a vehicle of similar age but with the SDV6 engine rather than the crappy TDV6 everyone was having issues with - 3 months later nothing so I traded it and told em to F-off. The Disco was the first car in over 20 vehicles I've owned that had let me down and to say I was disappointed with LR would be a total understatement :FIREdevil: LR customer services were absolutely :piss: wouldn't even return my calls the knobs and the local dealers try as he might had no power whatsoever.
At least you seem to be getting somewhere with the manufacturer - fingers crossed for you - M50d looks a good tool, let us know how you get on :thumbs:
Gone but not forgotten boohoo !!!
RS4 Sprint Blue Avant on Dyno after Carbon Clean http://youtu.be/7lsBbmmaDQc

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:14 am

doodlebug wrote:Not offered discount on top of the support? It is doable...
Unfortunately i'm the victim of having originally got an exceptional deal so BMW are in essence stumping up over £5k purely to get me back to a like for like position. This doesn't include the money they're losing/paying out to settle my agreement early & obvious depreciation hit for a 6mth old M5.

I am still arguing the toss with them that this is the minimum they're doing & that i'm still without my car for a couple of months, hassle & time lost due to the breakdowns, now having to be an M5 owner for 8 months longer than i'd anticipated & loss of trust in the car & brand so i'm pushing them to cover the cost of a couple options i fancy on the replacement car (about £1500 worth).
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:19 am

That's balls. I hope you get the resolution you're after. Arguing the toss always leaves a negative feeling towards it all.

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:31 am

doodlebug wrote:That's balls. I hope you get the resolution you're after. Arguing the toss always leaves a negative feeling towards it all.
Hoping to have a positive outcome today & they're under no disillusion that if we don't bottom out the last couple of points, i could still walk away with a full refund of all monies paid which certainly isn't what BMW want:)

Looking forward to picking up this M50D later this morning:)
Paul

ROY
4th Gear

Post by ROY » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:57 am

Any update ??
Hows the M50d ??
Gone but not forgotten boohoo !!!
RS4 Sprint Blue Avant on Dyno after Carbon Clean http://youtu.be/7lsBbmmaDQc

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:57 am

ROY wrote:Any update ??
Hows the M50d ??
Sorry for delay in replying, been busy at work & then took a week off to get some Spring sunshine:)

New car is on order & i'd imagine is currently in build as was ordered over 5 weeks ago. However as i'm running round & very much enjoying the loaner, i'm not pushing BMW as will happily await the arrival of my new M5 in the M50D.

The M50D is really good fun & has surprised me along with many rivals it's encountered. On paper the car should not work in the same way i'm sure most high performance soft roaders don't work as it's basically an oxymoron, however i've been very impressed with this X5 & would certainly consider one as a replacement for the M5 in a couple of years. Performance is staggering but i guess with close to 400bhp, 550lbs ft & the superb 8 speed Bimmer gearbox, it's hard not to be impressed when such a vehicle can hit 62mph in basically 5 seconds. Economy is exceptional really given the size/weight & performance & i'm yet to slip the average below 30mpg from a mix of motorway, town & some rapid stints with the required traffic light GP's:) That said i've not seen the 42.2 combined that BMW suggest:(

It lets itself down a little as has a few rattles & the build quality doesn't seem quite BMW enough, however as this is a BMW owned car i'm sure it's other drivers have considered it as a rental & thus not really taken care of it & i doubt it's been back to a dealer to have the little niggles rectified which naturally an individual owner would have done.

I actually look forward to driving this car which has surprised me & is the reason i'm not hounding BMW to pull forward my M5 build as i'm happy enough driving around in this for free:) It's well kitted out & is a very comfortable place to spend some time & some sensible toys to make living with a sizeable vehicle easier such as front/rear & surround cameras.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/bmw/x5/ ... ew/1216416
Paul

VARSITY
4th Gear

Post by VARSITY » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:41 pm

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Sorry, just had to.........
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

W8PMC
Cruising

Post by W8PMC » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:03 pm

VARSITY wrote::jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Sorry, just had to.........
Was to be expected :bigblink: Hope the new one i'm picking up tomorrow lunchtime is everything is the 1st one should have been. I'm confident i was just unlucky as not hearing of others having mechanical issues so fingers crossed.
Paul

VARSITY
4th Gear

Post by VARSITY » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Have to give it to BMW for sorting you out though.

Hope its a good one, pics when you get it.

Cheers
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

PJC
Cruising

Post by PJC » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:06 pm

That arrived very quickly Paul, better luck with this one.

Return to “BMW M & Alpina”