Non car activities in isolation

Off topic chat
IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Non car activities in isolation

Post by IchBautAuto » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:21 pm

Well, despite a whole load of maintenance and other things to do to the cars, I need a break (so I thought) to take on some non auto activities.

Well, as mentioned from time to time, I am (was) still with windows phones. I have been a very long time NOKIA customer, much more than 10 years, so transitioned from their OS to the new windows OS and finally to the Microsoft built phone. It had its pluses and minuses but it was a comfortable arrangement and worked perfectly along with ongoing OS updates and upgrades.

Come Dec 19, all the support stopped along with a swag of apps. Initially that wasn't an issue but our Gov has just put up CV info via the whatsapp system which is no longer on windows phone. After a days procrastination the decision was made followed by a few days investigation on which phone was to be the replacement. A solution was arrived at and it happened to be android so now in the middle of THE conversion. New apps to be found plus of course the inevitable OS familiarization. Of course most apps I used on windows are not amongst the millions of choices for Android. So far, most apps have been an improvement so heading in the right direction, just the trial and error process for those that are not outstanding.

To cap all this off, Mrs has decided that a new phone for her is in order and bugger me if an Apple product wasn't chosen. I will no doubt get the setup task as she is occasionally reluctant to get deeply involved in technology. No idea how this will end but no doubt in some confusion as my Android knowledge is still embryonic and my last Apple was 12years ago plus.

In all, this will take up some of the spare time that I might otherwise spend reading or watching TV, which is not normally a priority. On the basis that being home bound will be a bit ongoing in the shorter term, I guess that I'm going to need to find something else to do once I'm androided and appled.

Trust the rest of you all are suitably engrossed in a meaningful activity that has long term potential.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

Return to “Off Topic Chat”