Rant: slow drivers

Off topic chat
Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: Rant: slow drivers

Post by Covkiller » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Driving is becoming a crime in the UK, let alone driving sensibly at normal speeds obeying the highway code. Driving slow is as bad as driving too fast, when not suitable.
I don't get as angry as I used to, I just overtake the slow coaches.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Sedge5
1st Gear

Post by Sedge5 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:04 am

Hear, hear..... Had a 'scrap' with an unmarked police car, a BMW (didn't know at the time). The dude was goading me and l told him so when he eventually put his lights on in order to keep up. Respect the guy for being human.....at one point was past 152mph! Brainless l know but why not. I can! After all, one shouldn't be goading a PE where one can see the horizon.
Anyway, got off with a few harsh words and what a bad driver l am..... Now l know l won't win lottery this year because that was it!
RS6 C7 PE - current
S6 C7 Avant - too hesitant, not enough power
A6 C7, 2.0 TDI......aghhhhh
A3 , 2.0 BE, tdi, yeahhh...

Weiß-sechs
5th Gear

Post by Weiß-sechs » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Sedge5 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:04 am
Hear, hear..... Had a 'scrap' with an unmarked police car, a BMW (didn't know at the time). The dude was goading me and l told him so when he eventually put his lights on in order to keep up. Respect the guy for being human.....at one point was past 152mph! Brainless l know but why not. I can! After all, one shouldn't be goading a PE where one can see the horizon.
Anyway, got off with a few harsh words and what a bad driver l am..... Now l know l won't win lottery this year because that was it!
That's all your luck for a lifetime there fella :bigblink:
Could have been looking at a stretch if the copper wasn't in such a good mood, he probably enjoyed the buzz ha.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Well done Sedge5. I overtook an unmarked Skoda Octavia RS on the M20 at 165pmh. I pulled over when he put his lights on and he let me off, although he did try to get me to admit how fast I was going. I just said you tell me. I reckon he was asleep and didn't have time to put his Vascar on before I slammed my anchors on and stopped on the hard shoulder.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:13 pm

I’m liking these stories. When I was younger I managed to outrun the cops in my Williams engined Mk1 clio. It was a right thrill :sekret:

Cheers :thumbs:

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Going to the ring this year in my E36 M3, my mate in his E46 M3 track car another new BMW pee shooter and may mate Tony in his AUDI S8 Transporter. We got past Brussels on the E40 on a straight clear stretch by the viaduct and stretched our legs to 165mph + for a good old while. We then pulled in for some snap.

Tony said how come you drive so fast, what happens if you see the cops.
I said you put your foot down, we're near Germany.
Tony said what happens if you get caught
I said they crush your car
Tony, shitting one's pants, sweating like a fat pedo in court, said why don't you slow down
I said well it's a good laugh

Honestly I love the speed, the E40 past Brussels is down hill and Roman Rd straight, I got 194mph once out of my RS4 chasing my mate Nick in his Galardo, these days are limited boys, speed matters, we won't have it for long, so go for it :drink:

Sorry but here it is, burn me hard Bam Bam

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:06 pm

I'm curious to know what you think bam_bam might take issue with in that.

Nice E36. :bowdown: Haven't seen one on the road for a long time.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Sedge5
1st Gear

Post by Sedge5 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Weiß-sechs wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:34 pm
Sedge5 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:04 am
That's all your luck for a lifetime there fella :bigblink:
Could have been looking at a stretch if the copper wasn't in such a good mood, he probably enjoyed the buzz ha.
Certainly felt so...... still vividly recall my jelly knees out of the car to the kerb when copper beckoned me out.....l felt like one.... :knob: at the time at least and a few weeks after. Am all recovered now.... :jump_clap:
RS6 C7 PE - current

Sedge5
1st Gear

Post by Sedge5 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Covkiller wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:10 pm
Well done Sedge5. I overtook an unmarked Skoda Octavia RS on the M20 at 165pmh. I pulled over when he put his lights on and he let me off, although he did try to get me to admit how fast I was going. I just said you tell me. I reckon he was asleep and didn't have time to put his Vascar on before I slammed my anchors on and stopped on the hard shoulder.
Kudos to you sir.... :beerchug: :kissmyrings: but never to be repeated.... :biggrin3:
RS6 C7 PE - current

Sedge5
1st Gear

Post by Sedge5 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:08 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:13 pm
I’m liking these stories. When I was younger I managed to outrun the cops in my Williams engined Mk1 clio. It was a right thrill :sekret:

Cheers :thumbs:
Probably missed a chance to get into the Guinness Book of World records with that one.... Am sure we all do reflect on such incidents and regret them....NOT..... :biggrin3:
RS6 C7 PE - current

Sedge5
1st Gear

Post by Sedge5 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Covkiller wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:50 pm
Going to the ring this year in my E36 M3, my mate in his E46 M3 track car another new BMW pee shooter and may mate Tony in his AUDI S8 Transporter. We got past Brussels on the E40 on a straight clear stretch by the viaduct and stretched our legs to 165mph + for a good old while. We then pulled in for some snap.

Tony said how come you drive so fast, what happens if you see the cops.
I said you put your foot down, we're near Germany.
Tony said what happens if you get caught
I said they crush your car
Tony, shitting one's pants, sweating like a fat pedo in court, said why don't you slow down
I said well it's a good laugh

Honestly I love the speed, the E40 past Brussels is down hill and Roman Rd straight, I got 194mph once out of my RS4 chasing my mate Nick in his Galardo, these days are limited boys, speed matters, we won't have it for long, so go for it :drink:

Sorry but here it is, burn me hard Bam Bam
Get in there.....nice bedtime story, can't stop chuckling at that one....and to finish it off, here you're sir.... :rocker:
RS6 C7 PE - current

Weiß-sechs
5th Gear

Post by Weiß-sechs » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:16 pm

I see this Off Topic Chat thread has gone a little....well, off topic. I have to check now and again that I'm still on Shopp's "slow driver rant" :?

I'm sure we've all experienced the middle lane hogger or that daft bint who thinks that because they're turning right at the next roundabout 5 miles away, it's fine to sit in the overtaking lane of a dual carriageway doing 20mph less than the limit...boils my :piss: , they're either clueless, oblivious or couldn't give two shits. I do try to be patient, honest officer, but I normally drop a gear or two and blast round them in the n/s lane whilst giving them the finger out the window. They are normally still oblivious though...

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Yes I see that a lot. I think they see an opportunity to change lanes and take it in case a hundred cars appear out of nowhere and the can't get across in time.

Sedge5
1st Gear

Post by Sedge5 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:29 pm

....yeah, l tend to either scare the sh$t$ out of some poor pensioner when l blast past with little or no notice whatsoever. I'm sure l have noticed a few swerves in my rear view in the aftermath in response to the 'sonic boom.. :thumb: Or you get a lane hogger so annoyed they throw their imaginary toys out of their pram...., sorry car. And what with the flashing of lights? Or those that break their personal speed records to join traffic or enter a roundabout to only then park their wheels at half the speed limit right in front of my bumper.... :bash:
RS6 C7 PE - current

Sedge5
1st Gear

Post by Sedge5 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Weiß-sechs wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:16 pm
I see this Off Topic Chat thread has gone a little....well, off topic. I have to check now and again that I'm still on Shopp's "slow driver rant" :?

I'm sure we've all experienced the middle lane hogger or that daft bint who thinks that because they're turning right at the next roundabout 5 miles away, it's fine to sit in the overtaking lane of a dual carriageway doing 20mph less than the limit...boils my :piss: , they're either clueless, oblivious or couldn't give two shits. I do try to be patient, honest officer, but I normally drop a gear or two and blast round them in the n/s lane whilst giving them the finger out the window. They are normally still oblivious though...
Dude, cut us some slack..... all we saw was 'off topic' :biggrin3: We are doing exactly that. :bash:
RS6 C7 PE - current

Return to “Off Topic Chat”