Stan Lee

Off topic chat
FrazerD
4th Gear

Stan Lee

Post by FrazerD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Since Stan Lee’s death, it got me thinking, what’s your favourite Marvel character or movie? If you want, tell us why?

Mine is Thor as I like the Norse gods and their way of thinking. I also like the fact that he has a massive hammer. Iron Man is pretty cool too and all those Audi’s make it better :kissmyrings:

Cheers :thumbs:

Ian_C
Cruising

Re: Stan Lee

Post by Ian_C » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:04 pm
.......what’s your favourite Marvel character......
Any character played by Scarlett Johansson! :bowdown:
B5 B6 B7 B9

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Ian_C wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 pm
FrazerD wrote:
.......what’s your favourite Marvel character......
Any character played by Scarlett Johansson! :bowdown:
This.
Whilst I wouldn't say I'm necessarily a fan of hers, I really like her as black widow. Thinking about it, maybe I've just not seen her in much else.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:29 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Since Stan Lee’s death, it got me thinking, what’s your favourite Marvel character or movie? If you want, tell us why?

Mine is Thor as I like the Norse gods and their way of thinking. I also like the fact that he has a massive hammer. Iron Man is pretty cool too and all those Audi’s make it better :kissmyrings:

I really enjoyed the 1st Thor film but thought the second one was pony; probably the worst Marvel film I've seen. I'm told the 3rd one is good but not got round to watch it yet.
I liked the iron man and captain America films a lot. Hulk not so much.
I'd love to see a black widow film. I really like the Acton atic type moves they give the women in the fight scenes. For this reason I also like Wonder Woman (yes I know its DC but close enough).

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:38 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:29 pm
I really enjoyed the 1st Thor film but thought the second one was pony; probably the worst Marvel film I've seen. I'm told the 3rd one is good but not got round to watch it yet.
I liked the iron man and captain America films a lot. Hulk not so much.
I'd love to see a black widow film. I really like the Acton atic type moves they give the women in the fight scenes. For this reason I also like Wonder Woman (yes I know its DC but close enough).
Yea I know what you mean, maybe not the best films but as a character he is my favourite. Captain America films were really good films too. I’m pretty sure there was one in the making/future. I haven’t seen any of the most recent ones, I will have to get up to date. DC is okay too, my favourite on that side has to be Batman, if you think about it, we could all be him with enough money. Bane is also ace.

Any comics in a collection or the like?

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:52 pm

I think a lot depends on the actors playing them. Ironman is awesome, but it's because Robert Downey Jr pulls it off so well.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is one of the most visually impressive films I've seen in 3D. The cinematography, sounds and direction just has you completely absorbed. Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer is just brilliant. Again, so much depends on the actor. Look at Bond: Moore = brilliant cheesiness. Daniel Craig = utter dullness. I digress.

Kick Ass... Awesome. :) Kick Ass 2... appalling.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Shoppinit wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:52 pm
I think a lot depends on the actors playing them. Ironman is awesome, but it's because Robert Downey Jr pulls it off so well.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is one of the most visually impressive films I've seen in 3D. The cinematography, sounds and direction just has you completely absorbed. Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer is just brilliant. Again, so much depends on the actor. Look at Bond: Moore = brilliant cheesiness. Daniel Craig = utter dullness. I digress.

Kick Ass... Awesome. :) Kick Ass 2... appalling.
Have to agree with you on Robert Downey Jr and Ironman, just so cool. So who is your favourite character or film?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Loved kick ass. Not seen kick ass 2 yet.

Loved Deadpool. Only seen half of Deadpool 2 and don't recall being as impressed as the first one.

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Fav film = Iron Man
Fav Character = Pepper Potts.
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Not seen guardians yet. Have them on 3D bluray along with black panther latest Thor and others. Just need time to watch them all.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:43 pm

I liked the first Deadpool, haven’t seen the second one or the guardians. I need to get downloading and catch up too.

Good shout on Pepper Potts.

Maybe we need to set up a Marvel/Rs246 open air cinema.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:45 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:57 pm
Have to agree with you on Robert Downey Jr and Ironman, just so cool. So who is your favourite character or film?
So many to choose from, but I guess, just having had a quick look at the loooooong list, it might well be Wolverine. I am a big fan of the X-Men series. The latest Wolverine movie was just brilliant. So dark and yet grimly humourous.

If I had to choose a movie to watch again it would be Guardians of the Galaxy 2 because it’s just so accomplished.

Mike, don’t bother with Kick Ass 2. It will just make you angry.

Black Panther was one of the biggest crocks of <beep> I have ever had the misfortune of trying to watch. Even 3D couldn’t save it. Gave up after 30 mins. But then, if you liked Wonderwoman then maybe you’ll like it. I hated that, too.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Have to agree with the X-men and Wolverine movies. Loved how you followed Wolverine from start to finish. I also thought that each X-men movie was bigger and better than the previous.

I haven’t seen any of the Spider-Man remakes, only seen the first 3. Going to have to book some time in front of the tv.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 pm

Shoppinit wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Mike, don’t bother with Kick Ass 2. It will just make you angry.
OK, I'll swerve that one thanks
Shoppinit wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Black Panther was one of the biggest crocks of <beep> I have ever had the misfortune of trying to watch. Even 3D couldn’t save it. Gave up after 30 mins. But then, if you liked Wonderwoman then maybe you’ll like it. I hated that, too.
I've already got it sitting on my desk waiting to be watched (justice league 3D and the last jedi 3D in that pile too) so I'll still give it ago. And no doubt be some reference in the other films so will watch it even if its pants. Quite clever how they blend all the films in actually as I watch some of them just so I know what is going in the other films. Clever, very clever. I wonder if that was deliberate from the outset.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:13 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Loved kick ass. Not seen kick ass 2 yet.

Loved Deadpool. Only seen half of Deadpool 2 and don't recall being as impressed as the first one.
Deadpool 2 is pretty poor compared to the first one, Deadpool was superb.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Return to “Off Topic Chat”