HOME WIRELESS CCTV ?

Off topic chat
Neilb76
2nd Gear

Re: HOME WIRELESS CCTV ?

Post by Neilb76 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Lady Penelope wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:51 pm
I have this system. It's wireless and the batteries last for 3 months before a recharge. It means you can't put the cameras where you can't reach them to change/charge the batteries but close enough to upper windows works for me.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tec ... 9-pdt.html

No wireless issues and dead easy to set up. I can view on my phone and set notifications too. Great night vision as well.

That looks a great set up, problem with that is the recharge side of it i guess
Stage 2 mrc, Pre cats removed, Milltek Resonated, Bilstein B14 Coilovers, MRC De carbon, Deflapped MRC, RR 434BHP, Pandora alarm system, 8mm Rear spacers
Cold air feed, Refurbed caliper colour change, Carbon piller, Carbon dash ends

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:26 pm

I looked at wireless systems but went for a wired Hik Vision system in the end. I’m very happy with it. I had three CCTV installers quote and they all favoured this brand. The 5 camera system was installed in a day.

One of the cameras is a PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) so can be moved and zoomed (can be done remotely too). The zoom and night vision is pretty awesome IMO. The app works pretty well but occasionally logs me out which is a minor annoyance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

cuttsy
2nd Gear

Post by cuttsy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:24 pm

I bought this a year or so back it was cheaper then about £200 and installed it myself all POE did some of the longer cable runs with some exterior CAT6 cable rather than the ones they provide, I believe it is the same as some of the more well known names but branded by the Chinese company that makes them. Support is by WhatsApp from China and I have to say it has been excellent, probably not as polished as some of the systems but a 4 camera CCTV system that you can see on your mobile from anywhere in the world for £200 easily installed by myself can't complain.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

skirs6
5th Gear

Post by skirs6 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:05 pm

I really can’t see the point unless you need it for insurance reasons. If someone wants to nick your car or burgle they will and all you’ll see is your pride and joy being driven away by a group of hooded <beep> bags.
Even if they do get caught they’ll get a slap on the wrist 2hrs community service which they won’t bother to attend then they’ll ask for compensation from you as they hurt themselves nicking your car😂
I have one indoors looking out but it’s only used to tell us when the Chinese has arrived to save the dogs barking when they knock😂😂

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:51 pm

skirs6 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:05 pm
I really can’t see the point unless you need it for insurance reasons. If someone wants to nick your car or burgle they will and all you’ll see is your pride and joy being driven away by a group of hooded <beep> bags.
Even if they do get caught they’ll get a slap on the wrist 2hrs community service which they won’t bother to attend then they’ll ask for compensation from you as they hurt themselves nicking your car😂
I have one indoors looking out but it’s only used to tell us when the Chinese has arrived to save the dogs barking when they knock😂😂
All my cameras have motion sensors therefore acts an early warnings system. The system alerts me and I have a collection of items on my window sills to throw out at intruders. Hope that helps your understanding of why I have my cameras.
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:47 pm

skirs6 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:05 pm
That's assuming you let the police deal with matters after catching their faces on the CCTV......
B5 B6 B7 B9

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:03 pm

As Eddie says, I can see if anyone has been snooping my property and casing the place. It also allows me to check on the house when I'm out or on holiday, not just for burglaries but for flooding too etc.

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am

I have a hikvision set up with 8 cameras at 4mp each, Twin 28inch monitors to display the picture 24hours so i can see who is outside whether im upstairs or downstairs. Will be upgrading them to 8mp (4K) soon. Excellent quality and Hikvision are well know as one of the best.
Make sure you buy from an authorised dealer in order to get the full 3 year warranty.
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

don0301
4th Gear

Post by don0301 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:15 pm

morski wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am
I have a hikvision set up with 8 cameras at 4mp each, Twin 28inch monitors to display the picture 24hours so i can see who is outside whether im upstairs or downstairs. Will be upgrading them to 8mp (4K) soon. Excellent quality and Hikvision are well know as one of the best.
Make sure you buy from an authorised dealer in order to get the full 3 year warranty.
Is your name Blofeld?
Ferrari 488 Spider
C6 RS6
E46 M3 convertible
Nissan 200sx mk 2
Vauxhall Senator
Ford Sierra 1.8LX
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Vauxhall Belmont SRi
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
1st car Datsun 120 FII Lime green....yeah :shock:

harrow87
Neutral

Post by harrow87 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:01 am

Ring stick up cams are decent if you dont want a hard wired CCTV kit, they also do a solar charging kit as well, may be what you are looking for.

Myqurantutor
Neutral

Post by Myqurantutor » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:21 pm

great service provider. i buy my internet and CCTV camera for my service. as i provide Online Quran tuitions to kids and adults https://myqurantutor.co.uk/.

Return to “Off Topic Chat”