Challenges of daily driving...everyday!

Off topic chat
wrekka
5th Gear

Challenges of daily driving...everyday!

Post by wrekka » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Everyday I find myself presented with an array of bad driving or other road incidents.

One of today's incidents-

Lots of heavy, black, clouds about this evening (9:15pm) ready for a downpour so quite dark for this time of year-what do I just about see...

A man on his bike- cycling in the middle of the road with no hands on the handle bars-weaving all over- no lights on anywhere- dressed in black-with a black hat on- with a curtain rail through his dark blue ruck sack- as i pull past him he is actually a black fellow - so all in all very difficult to see and irresponsible behaviour. As I passed I shouted: "Get out of the road." His reply:
V sign- laughable!

If there was not traffic behind me I would have got a photograph!
Just had to mention it on here as it was so ridiculous!!
Sold: 2012 RS3 APR St2 exclusive buckets!
Sold: 2014 Audi S4 Avant Black Edition (too slow as a stock car-doesn't sound good);
2016 RS6 performance with Non-res milltek (gutted to sell it) ;
2014 C7, Misano c6 mrc stage 2. AAS Custom Exhaust, cat bypass, itg filters. 731ps 1058nm. Superrbike quick!
TTS RS4 -amazing machine,
Previous:
many, many cars; all great and well-remembered!

chunky79
Cruising

Re: Challenges of daily driving...everyday!

Post by chunky79 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:03 am

If you'd have taken a picture of him, traffic or no traffic, you'd have been as bad as him!

Whenever the weather is poor, i'd say 30% of idiots on the motorway don't have lights on. IMO drl's are the worst thing ever invented, folks think that they are good enough even though you have no rear lights on. If you have your windscreen wipers on due to the weather, you should also have your lights on. And if I flash you cause you haven't, you're the c-unit, not me.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

anthonys2
2nd Gear

Post by anthonys2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 am

^^^^^
Very true and totally agree 👍

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:17 am

Or the extreme opposite... Bit of drizzle and the fog lights come on. At 80mph.

This is my number one pet hate at the moment: People who accelerate when you are overtaking them, only to slow down again when you pull in behind them. I use cruise control a lot, so I know I'm doing a perfectly constant speed. I am sure they do it unconsciously, but it's still bloody annoying.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 am

Shoppinit wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:17 am

This is my number one pet hate at the moment: People who accelerate when you are overtaking them, only to slow down again when you pull in behind them. I use cruise control a lot, so I know I'm doing a perfectly constant speed. I am sure they do it unconsciously, but it's still bloody annoying.

Try driving a van, they always do the speed up thing as you pull out to over take them. Our roads are full of retards.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:19 am

chunky79 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 am
Shoppinit wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:17 am

Try driving a van, they always do the speed up thing as you pull out to over take them. Our roads are full of retards.
You wanna try it in truck restricted at 56mph. I always come across mongols doing 55 then I go to take them and they then match my 56 and leave me stuck in the middle lane. When I've had enough I just indicate left and squash my way back over. They soon slow down!!
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

Return to “Off Topic Chat”