ians63
2nd Gear

Re: Chris Evans leaves Top Gear

Post by ians63 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:18 pm

TobyRS4
2nd Gear

Post by TobyRS4 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Thank god, annoying bloke to say the least...

Id take his bank balance though!
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 - Black/Titanium optics, Anthracite OEM 19's, De-resonated OEM Exhaust, TTRS FBSW, MRC Stage 2 De-flapped manifold, Full Carbon Clean, MRC Stage 2 Re-map, 431.5 BHP...... must...not...spend....more...

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Attachments
69244582.jpg
No matter where you go, there you are.

q7_Not_So_newbie
Neutral

Post by q7_Not_So_newbie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:42 pm

[CLAPPING HANDS SIGN] [CLAPPING HANDS SIGN] [CLAPPING HANDS SIGN]. Little blessings.
Not that the remaining team are any better, but he was the worst part of a whole rotten fruit.

They feel like "agency staff" working to cover maternity leave.

Shinobi675
5th Gear

Post by Shinobi675 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:39 am

I heard somewhere that Matt Leblanc gave the producers an ultimatum. Him or Evans.
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:50 am

q7_Not_So_newbie wrote:[CLAPPING HANDS SIGN] [CLAPPING HANDS SIGN] [CLAPPING HANDS SIGN]. Little blessings.
Not that the remaining team are any better, but he was the worst part of a whole rotten fruit.

Got to disagree there

Chris Harris is the best of the bunch and he can drive, give meaningful commentary at the same time, and has a real enthusiasm for cars. There's a reason he was so popular on YouTube.

Sabine is good fun when she's behind the wheel, less so when she's in the studio.

Leblanc is funny, and seems to be settling in.

Rory - early days, he's ok.

Eddie Jordan - now we're talking. Eddie is the man! And that performance on the spoons, what a genius. Just kidding. I wish someone would lock him in the boot of a very small car!
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

q7_Not_So_newbie
Neutral

Post by q7_Not_So_newbie » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:26 am

FaisalJ wrote:
q7_Not_So_newbie wrote:[CLAPPING HANDS SIGN] [CLAPPING HANDS SIGN] [CLAPPING HANDS SIGN]. Little blessings.

Got to disagree there

Chris Harris is the best of the bunch and he can drive, give meaningful commentary at the same time, and has a real enthusiasm for cars. There's a reason he was so popular on YouTube.

Sabine is good fun when she's behind the wheel, less so when she's in the studio.

Leblanc is funny, and seems to be settling in.

Rory - early days, he's ok.

Eddie Jordan - now we're talking. Eddie is the man! And that performance on the spoons, what a genius. Just kidding. I wish someone would lock him in the boot of a very small car!
Ah, well different perspectives I guess. Maybe I'm unable to gauge them impartially without comparing them to Jezza, Hammond and Captain Slow.

I definitely didn't like the whole 6 man team thing either though. Nah. I don't like that at all.

I agree that Chris Harris is a great car enthusiast, but in my eyes, he's the equivalent of AutoExpress. Where as TopGear is, (well, WAS) meant to be like EVO.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:10 pm

q7_Not_So_newbie wrote: Ah, well different perspectives I guess. Maybe I'm unable to gauge them impartially without comparing them to Jezza, Hammond and Captain Slow.

I definitely didn't like the whole 6 man team thing either though. Nah. I don't like that at all.

I agree that Chris Harris is a great car enthusiast, but in my eyes, he's the equivalent of AutoExpress. Where as TopGear is, (well, WAS) meant to be like EVO.
That's a perplexing statement, Monkey Harris was Evo. Top Gear IS Top Gear, it has its own magazine and it is <beep>. Evo and TG are worlds apart in terms of journalistic style and approach to creating each edition.
No matter where you go, there you are.

TomRS
4th Gear

Post by TomRS » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:00 pm

bam_bam wrote:
q7_Not_So_newbie wrote: Ah, well different perspectives I guess. Maybe I'm unable to gauge them impartially without comparing them to Jezza, Hammond and Captain Slow.

That's a perplexing statement, Monkey Harris was Evo. Top Gear IS Top Gear, it has its own magazine and it is <beep>. Evo and TG are worlds apart in terms of journalistic style and approach to creating each edition.
Much agreed, i like harris a lot he's a really good bloke, his acting skills in the studio need some work but his overall persona especially when in a car is spot on.
He's a good driver and a honest car fan that knows his stuff.
I dont mind Sabine either, shes a bit wooden and the scripted jokes are bad, but i think if she just did her own thing it would be ok!

LeBlanc i have had no much time for until he did a review on the last episode, hes so much better when he's not reading the script and he's being himself i actually enjoyed listening to him.
Rory i actually like, he's down to earth, carries his reviews well and genuinely seems a reasonably funny kinda guy!

The two people on there i wish to see no more of are evans and jordan! ones gone, just Eddie to put up with now!
2014 Mercedes E63 AMG S
Wrapped in OceanShimmerBlue | MSL Stage 2 – 736Bhp/876ibft | Weistec Downpipes | K&N Large Filters | 400mm AP Racing Fronts/DS2500 Pads | Centre delete | H&R Springs/Link bars 30mm |

Gone but not forgotten :smile_smoking:
2010 Nissan GT-R SVM 680R
2010 RS6 C6 Avant Stage 2 730/1088nm

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:03 pm

I think they're all pretty good when not doing the scripted parts. Chris Evans has been brilliant at live stuff all his life imo. I've grown up watching big breakfast, don't forget your toothbrush, TFI and listening to him on the radio, I think he's been brilliant on all of them.
The old Top Gear was pretty dump when scripted.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:11 pm

First episode of the new series was much better with Evans gone and more Harris.

Good to see the stupid off-road track binned, and good call upgrading the car!

I think the 3 guys need a bit more chemistry though. Hopefully will come with time.

Bonus: no sign of Eddie Jordan!!

That Ferrari....bonkers
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Fatneck73
4th Gear

Post by Fatneck73 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:51 pm

100% agree

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 pm

I thought it was pretty <beep>. Scripting was waaaay too obvious and really poor chemistry. Don't see how it's any better with Evans gone.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Return to “Off Topic Chat”