Chris Evans leaves Top Gear

Off topic chat
bam_bam
Cruising

Re: Chris Evans leaves Top Gear

Post by bam_bam » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:51 am

Well it's easy to say it'd have been worse WITH Evans shouting at us...
No matter where you go, there you are.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:00 am

I liked it. Much better than the old Top Gear which I had to stop watching because of the ADHD children presenting it.

Matt Leblanc is a good presenter and the other two work well together with him. I didn't think that the chemistry was particularly lacking, but it was the first episode, and the original Top Gear took years to develop into a good programme (then a few more to grow into a caricature of itself).

I've seen Matt Leblanc working on the set of Friends and he was very professional and often hilarious with his ad-libbing. He's easy to underestimate, but he's very sharp.

I hope the Stig never comes back. Pointless gimmick and they should have dropped it a looooong time ago.

I'd love to know what transpired to allow Chris Harris to drive another works Ferrari after writing this:

http://jalopnik.com/5760248/how-ferrari-spins
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:38 am

I love Matt, very funny bloke. Harris is good in the car but not so good out of it. I'm a fan of Chris Evans so actually thought he wasn't too bad in it. It's the obvious scripting that winds me up.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

skirs6
5th Gear

Post by skirs6 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:24 am

It's personal choice I like Clarkson and I'm a cyclist go figure 😂😂 I find the new line up very stilted regardless of Mr Jordan he did annoy the F out of me on F1. I think BBC should have looked at a new format

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:27 am

They definitely should have shaken the format up more. Much more.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:10 pm

2nd episode was pretty good, too.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Ok, that manoeuvre that Monkey did pulling up alongside LeBond was a bit dicey! I bet the camera guy had a brown trouser moment.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Why they never asked me to be a presenter or any of the rest of us, I just don't know as what the fcuk does Mat the Blanc and the nice chap black geeser know about cars :drink:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 am

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my call up for the Australian rugby team. I might have to retire from internationals in the next few years. Gutted but it's only fair for some of the younger players.

Return to “Off Topic Chat”