Horology....

Off topic chat
FaisalJ
Cruising

Re: Horology....

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:36 pm

S4WON wrote:Tudor are an excellent watch - and for those who dont know, they are very closely affiliated with Rolex, are made in the same factories in fact,
Yep, same founder of Rolex and Tudor, although Tudor is the the younger brand.

Tudors have been used by the US and French navy, and US navy seals.
S4WON wrote:...but use "lesser" movements (ETA rather than in house).
Apart from the North Flag - which is the first in-house movement for Tudor (and to me, the first Tudor that has really its own identity, and not the familiar Rolex style of most other Tudors)
John Johnson wrote:What's the Tudor like ? Keep looking at them oddly enough
I hope you're not hoping for a detailed horologist opinion...

I'm very happy with it, but have little frame of reference, as it's my first "proper" watch (I was wearing a lowly quartz Tissot previously).

I was drawn to it while actually out looking for a different watch, because of the clean, sharp lines, and the brushed finish. I like my cars and kitchen German, my workspace and home clutter free, and I'm definitely more contemporary/minimalist than traditional...and the look of the watch is along the same lines. It's also not as common as a speedy or Tag (probably the de-facto go-to watches at a similar price point), which is another tick for me.

I wasn't too sure about the yellow detailing at first, but I now see that as a nice quirk, and another thing that makes the watch a little different.

In terms of function, I can't tell you how the movement is better or worse than any other, but the relatively long 70 hour power reserve was a selling point. I only wear the watch to work, and by the time I take it off on Friday night, to the time I put it on on Monday morning is about 60 hours - so it's still telling the time when I put it on!

So in summary; I reckon it looks cool, and it tells the time. :thumbs:
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:51 pm

That's a pretty pragmatic opinion / view tbh and your not a watch snob so 10/10 from me !
Just checked with the dealer I've used in the uk ( AD ) and the lead time is a year which normally means s tad quicker
Current toys in the garage
B7 avant in Daytona with ceramics and a few other goodies and lowwwww miles :-)
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

http://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:42 am

My new acquisition from xmas.
Attachments
IMG_5892.JPG
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue May 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Anyone got any recommendations on a custom strap maker?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Return to “Off Topic Chat”