Classic 70s Watches for sale. Omega and Piaget

Other Items For Sale / Wanted Only
ecain63
Top Gear

Classic 70s Watches for sale. Omega and Piaget

Post by ecain63 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:42 pm

For sale i have two fantastic watches from the 70's and 80's. Classic in design and in immaculate condition.

First off is the Omega De Ville. hallmarked 18ct yellow gold case with 18ct gold hands and numerals. Date facility and quartz movement. Unmarked throughout and in perfect working order. The strap is the original 'Croc skin' and although it has been worn the strap shows no signs of adverse wear. Keeps time perfectly with a new battery, a future classic for sure. Unfortunately this one does not come with the original box hence the price.

£650

Secondly, i have a bit of a rarity here. Made by Piaget in the 70's, this model is hallmarked 18ct throughout. In perfect cosmetic condition this watch has hardly been worn. There are no scratches, no dents and no scuffs. The watch is in need of a mechanism service (30 jewel automatic movement with 24ct pendulum), which can be organised through my buisness and sent to Piaget Switzerland, or you can do it privately through Piaget London (at consumer costing), who will in turn send it to Switzerland. Estimated cost to service this watch is £1000 (trade price) or more if done privately. The item comes with no history im affraid and there is very limited knowledge of these watches on the system. It may have been a limited run item as i can not for the life of me find anything about it anywhere. Piaget Switzerland have been given the info and serial numbers but that will take 2 weeks to return any details. For your reference there are similar examples selling for £15'000 and up depending on condition and i have already been offered £5000 px against a watch from Charles Fox in Bournemouth. This watch is something special and is more of a collectors peice than a regular wear. Off hand i think the dial is 36mm wide and the strap is standard length. I'd need to double check on tuesday to confirm the exact figures if you need them. There is a Wiki on Piaget and their history but in brief, they have always been at the very top of the game and watches like this were always personal and always hand crafted.

I will accept £3500 for the watch as it is (not serviced) or £4500 fully serviced. The certificates and box would bump the price up more hence i cannot seek the £15k+ figures being asked by the big London dealers.

Enjoy,

Eddie
Now Sold!

'03 Daytona Grey RS6 Avant.
Bilstein PSS9's - bloody amazing.
275 Vreds.
MRC custom map with TCU.
Miltek Resonated.
Hi Flow filters.
Piano inserts with natural leather.
19" 'Plus' (Grey) rims.
Pioneer Avic-D3 (to replace RNS-D) inc DVD, Nav, Ipod Movies, Bluetooth and much more.

Return to “Other”