Laura Ashley Bramley Dining Table and 6 Chairs plus Dresser - NOW SOLD

Other Items For Sale / Wanted Only
zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Laura Ashley Bramley Dining Table and 6 Chairs plus Dresser - NOW SOLD

Post by zappy-chops » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:51 am

So the wife is still moaning at me for buying the RS6 so to ease things along I said she could buy the new kitchen table she had her eye on. Seems like a fair trade to me :bigblink:

Anyway, in order to not have the old table, chairs and dresser clogging up my garage I'm hoping it is of interest to someone.

It's only a couple of years old and is still a current Laura Ashley model:

Table (seats 6-8) - normal price £1100, current Laura Ashley sale price £660. https://www.lauraashley.com/en-gb/braml ... 300094-119
Carver chairs - normal price per chair £275, current sale price per chair £165. https://www.lauraashley.com/en-gb/braml ... 300095-119
Dining chairs - normal price per pair £400, current sale price per pair £240. https://www.lauraashley.com/en-gb/braml ... 300096-119
Dresser - normal price £1100, current sale price £660. https://www.lauraashley.com/en-gb/braml ... 300129-119

So for the table, 2 carvers, 4 dining chairs and the dresser you are looking at £2070 new in the sale or £3550 if you miss the sale. I'd take £1000 for the lot. Delivery would have to be on top (man and van) or available to collect from the Scottish Borders.

Here are some pics of the table and chairs. I forgot to photograph the dresser but can do. It the same as the web link above of course.
Attachments
IMG_0435.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0438.jpeg
IMG_0439.jpeg
IMG_0440.jpeg
Last edited by zappy-chops on Fri May 24, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently running:
18 plate Lamborghini Huracan Performante (5.2l of V10 naturally aspirated craziness)
67 plate RS6 Performance (fully loaded)
66 plate Range Rover Autobiography (for wafting around)
16 plate Mini Cooper S convertible (lots of fun but rather skittish when thrashed)

Favourite car ever owned:
1971 Citroen DS21 - The Goddess (pure art on wheels)

FrazerD
4th Gear

Re: Laura Ashley Bramley Dining Table and 6 Chairs plus Dresser

Post by FrazerD » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 am

I don’t want to be rude and I’m not knocking your post as £1000 seems like a bargain compared to the rrp but £3.5k is a lot of money for that. Im assuming it’s the name that’s being paid for? Women never cease to amaze me :bash:

Cheers :thumbs:

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:22 am

Tell me about it mate. I don't get how £3.5k makes sense either, but that's what they charge. What I am more surprised about is the £3.5k we must have paid for it all in the first place somehow passed me by. I think the sneaky wife must have snuck that into all sorts of expenses when we moved house. Crafty things these women folk.
Currently running:
18 plate Lamborghini Huracan Performante (5.2l of V10 naturally aspirated craziness)
16 plate Mini Cooper S convertible (lots of fun but rather skittish when thrashed)

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:29 pm

zappy-chops wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:22 am
Tell me about it mate. I don't get how £3.5k makes sense either, but that's what they charge. What I am more surprised about is the £3.5k we must have paid for it all in the first place somehow passed me by. I think the sneaky wife must have snuck that into all sorts of expenses when we moved house. Crafty things these women folk.
Its all relative! I mean, on the other hand, you can just imagine the conversation can't you, Mrs Zappy Chops having coffee with all her girlfriends....

"My husband got stung on a country lane, pot hole in the verge damaged two wheels on his Audi, Audi charged £3.5k just to replacement two wheels, on a bloody estate car, and the car looks exactly the same as it did before, think of all the interior design £3.5k would buy!!!"
B5 B6 B7 B9

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Ian_C wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:29 pm

"My husband got stung on a country lane, pot hole in the verge damaged two wheels on his Audi, Audi charged £3.5k just to replacement two wheels, on a bloody estate car, and the car looks exactly the same as it did before, think of all the interior design £3.5k would buy!!!"
Brilliant. You must have a listening device in our house! :thumbs:

Now, does anyone want the bloody table before I chop it up for firewood. :FIREdevil:
Currently running:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Hahaha htis made me laugh. I struggle with £3.5k only buying half a handbag. I'm like what does it do that a Tesco 5p bag doesn't?

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:08 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 pm
Hahaha htis made me laugh. I struggle with £3.5k only buying half a handbag. I'm like what does it do that a Tesco 5p bag doesn't?
Do tell :shock:
B5 B6 B7 B9

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:22 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 pm
That's a dangerous path to walk Mike. If I tried that the reply would be something along the lines of "and why do you then need to buy fancy expensive cars when a Toyota Trumpet (insert car name here) will get to there too".
Currently running:

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Anyway, back to the subject matter at hand. I have a BEAUTIFUL, DESIGNER, Laura Ashley dining table, 6 chairs and kitchen dresser for sale at a BARGAIN price. This table WILL make you feel RICHER, MORE SUCCESSFUL and MORE FULFILLED in your life. The table will hold your cornflakes bowl LIKE NO OTHER TABLE MONEY CAN BUY. The seats will cushion your arse like a MOTHER CRADLES A NEWBORN - SOFT, DELICATE, SUPPORTING. The dresser will hold your plates and crap AS IF ITS VERY EXISTENCE DEPENDED ON IT.

BE THE ENVY OF YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBOURS; enjoy telling them how expensive it is and how LITTLE YOU PAID FOR IT.

Anyone? Anyone? Go on, surprise her indoors with the gift of LAURA ASHLEY DESIGNER FURNITURE. Please.
Currently running:

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:59 pm

Brilliant!

Cheers :thumbs:

Steveo
3rd Gear

Post by Steveo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 pm

It's not just a table and chairs......
It's even better than an M&S table and chairs!
RS6 C5, MTM

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:20 am

zappy-chops wrote:Anyway, back to the subject matter at hand. I have a BEAUTIFUL, DESIGNER, Laura Ashley dining table, 6 chairs and kitchen dresser for sale at a BARGAIN price. This table WILL make you feel RICHER, MORE SUCCESSFUL and MORE FULFILLED in your life. The table will hold your cornflakes bowl LIKE NO OTHER TABLE MONEY CAN BUY. The seats will cushion your arse like a MOTHER CRADLES A NEWBORN - SOFT, DELICATE, SUPPORTING. The dresser will hold your plates and crap AS IF ITS VERY EXISTENCE DEPENDED ON IT.

BE THE ENVY OF YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBOURS; enjoy telling them how expensive it is and how LITTLE YOU PAID FOR IT.

Anyone? Anyone? Go on, surprise her indoors with the gift of LAURA ASHLEY DESIGNER FURNITURE. Please.
Newborns? Cornflakes?

You’re going about this all wrong! This is a car forum...

Fully loaded single owner Laura Ashley table and chairs! Thousands in receipts! Rare optional fourth leg.

Finished in white.

I spent years looking for a table in this spec.

Never stolen/written off.

Recent four leg laser alignment - handles as good as it looks. Height adjustable with my Stanley hacksaw.

Cheap insurance and excellent fuel consumption.

Uber rare comfort seats, with custom upholstery.

Remapped to approx 5000bhp. (Lost the dyno plot though)

No part-ex, dreamers or test pilots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:11 pm

Even better - what he said. :jump_clap:
Currently running:

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Wing back seats?
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

zappy-chops
3rd Gear

Post by zappy-chops » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Nah - buckets.
Currently running:

Return to “Other”