Mac Pro desktop system

Other Items For Sale / Wanted Only
Geoff A
2nd Gear

Mac Pro desktop system

Post by Geoff A » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:16 pm

I've recently upgraded to a 27in iMac with 27 monitor, so my trusty Mac Pro and dual 24in monitor set-up is being pensioned off.

I bought the Mac Pro new in 2009, and it still works perfectly. I also have the original box for the tower, but not for the Dell screens. It's been fantastic but more fire-power is needed for me to handle 4K and HD commercial video projects for my clients, hence the bruiser of a top-spec iMac that now sits on my desk. And a bigger screen is better for my older eyes ;) Over the years, I've expanded the tower as it came with three empty drive bays (only two are currently in use, but I have had all four of them in use). I've also increased the RAM too:

It's a MacPro 3.1 (early 2008 model, and bought new in ’09 for a cost of £3,000). Processors are 2x 3Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon and is currently carrying 24GB of RAM - it can be expanded up to 32GB. Currently running OS is El Capitan 10.11.6
There are four internal drive bays and two are fitted with 500GB spinning disks. One is being used as a Time Machine backup while the other carries the OS. Just open the side panel and slot in the drives - it's simple. Will accept SSDs too, using drive bay converters.
It also has two fully functioning (upper and lower) super drive bays for DVD discs, plus a host of USB, Firewire and ethernet connections on the front and back. And the internal graphics card is an NVIDEA GeForce 8800GT and runs two 24in Dell 2407 HD monitors. It also comes with extended keyboard. I do have a brand new bluetooth mouse you can have with it, as I’m sticking with the original track pad.
One monitor works perfectly and is 100% without fault, the other has a red key line down the right-hand edge (see pic) but its been ok with Photoshop Bridge as I’ve always lined up the edge of my file viewer through it (see pic). So it's an ideal second screen. The main screen also has an Apple iSight camera sat on top of it, for FaceTime, iChat or Skype use.

Can be seen working before I wipe the drives to provide a clean install of the OS ready for its next owner. Looking for offers around £500 for the package and due to the size and weight, it'll be collection only from Oxfordshire.
Thanks for looking,
Geoff (07977 129726).
Attachments
IMG_3785.jpg
IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG
IMG_3438.JPG
IMG_3439.JPG
IMG_3440.JPG
IMG_3441.JPG
IMG_3442.JPG
IMG_3443.JPG