FS: Brand NEW Audi RS4 B7 front Caramic Brake Kit 380 x 38

Parts For Sale / Wanted Only
neilparf
Cruising

Re: FS: Brand NEW Audi RS4 B7 front Caramic Brake Kit 380 x

Post by neilparf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:53 am

LittleDevil wrote:Just realized that on the pricture and wrong brake shields/dustguards, they are for steel brake. They are correct ones included.

Kind Regards
Was about to say about dust guards...

So, (yes I know post title describes it) the calliper is a genuine B7 RS4 upgrade as the picture shows the calliper carriers are integral to the actual calliper and are painted the same colour? So, no fabricated calliper carrier is required as per the image below?

Your images help - thanks.
Attachments
photo_zpsfe07270a.jpg
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

LittleDevil
Trader (Expired)

Post by LittleDevil » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:56 am

At the kit which I send photos, not. Only those parts which are on the picture and calipers with Original holders.

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:03 pm

LittleDevil wrote:At the kit which I send photos, not. Only those parts which are on the picture and calipers with Original holders.
Sorry, that doesn't make sense and forgive me for being really clear - does the kit in your above photos require calliper holders to fit the B7 RS4?
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

LittleDevil
Trader (Expired)

Post by LittleDevil » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Original caliper holders in this kit.

Kind Regards

LittleDevil
Trader (Expired)

Post by LittleDevil » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:06 pm

neilparf wrote:
LittleDevil wrote:At the kit which I send photos, not. Only those parts which are on the picture and calipers with Original holders.
Sorry, that doesn't make sense and forgive me for being really clear - does the kit in your above photos require calliper holders to fit the B7 RS4?
No. Original Caliper holders are needed here, custom spacers do the job here to make perfect fitment.

There are two options:

Custom caliper holder and without spacer or Original caliper holders and custom spacer

Kind Regards

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:18 pm

LittleDevil wrote:
neilparf wrote:
No. Original Caliper holders are needed here, custom spacers do the job here to make perfect fitment.

There are two options:

Custom caliper holder and without spacer or Original caliper holders and custom spacer

Kind Regards
I understand now - when you say 'Original Caliper holders are needed here' you mean ( and I can see ) these are integral to the calliper you are selling, so hence the spacer solution.

I take it I could use my existing HEL braided lines with these callipers (the first posted image shoes front brake lines...

LittleDevil
Trader (Expired)

Post by LittleDevil » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:19 pm

When you use custom caliper holders and R8/B8 ceramic discs without custom spacer there is only 2 mm clearance between disc and wheel arm, so if you use custom calipers you only have 2mm clearance and you have to modificate dustguard/brake shield.

When you use Original caliper holders and custom spacer there is no modification needed.

See pictures. I hope it is easyer to understand now.

Custom caliper holder and without spacer:

Original caliper holders and custom spacer:

Kind Regards

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:28 pm

neilparf wrote: I understand now - when you say 'Original Caliper holders are needed here' you mean ( and I can see ) these are integral to the calliper you are selling, so hence the spacer solution.
They can actually be removed Neil, it's only the R8 ceramic callipers that don't have a carrier as they bolt directly onto the upright. Seen below:

Little Devil - Do you know if the R8/B8 Ceramic disc bolts onto the OEM B7 Ceramic bell or are the bolt paterns different?
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:31 pm

LittleDevil wrote:When you use custom caliper holders and R8/B8 ceramic discs without custom spacer there is only 2 mm clearance between disc and wheel arm, so if you use custom calipers you only have 2mm clearance and you have to modificate dustguard/brake shield.

When you use Original caliper holders and custom spacer there is no modification needed.
See pictures.I hope it is easyer to understand now.

Custom caliper holder and without spacer:

Original caliper holders and custom spacer:

Kind Regards
Brilliant - many thanks - great help.

So, aside from the longer wheel bolts and maybe a thinner Hubcentric wheel spacer (I can gauge when fitted) all is included - retention bolts, springs etc.

Existing HEL lines can be used?

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
neilparf wrote: I understand now - when you say 'Original Caliper holders are needed here' you mean ( and I can see ) these are integral to the calliper you are selling, so hence the spacer solution.
They can actually be removed Neil, it's only the R8 ceramic callipers that don't have a carrier as they bolt directly onto the upright. Seen below:

Cheers Sam for feeding in - that helps and I understand :beerchug:

LittleDevil
Trader (Expired)

Post by LittleDevil » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Like Sam said. RS4 B8, RS5, R8 calipers are the same, only that RS4 and RS5 have OEM Holders.

It is also recomended that you install caliper holders first, than other parts (dustguards, custom spacers + discs) and than caliper on the end.

You can use your existing brake lines, because they are the same. All other parts are included like you see on the picture of full kit.

And coding also needs to be done on ABS unit for RS4 B7 Ceramic Brakes. :beerchug:

Kind Regards, Ales

LittleDevil
Trader (Expired)

Post by LittleDevil » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:
neilparf wrote:
Little Devil - Do you know if the R8/B8 Ceramic disc bolts onto the OEM B7 Ceramic bell or are the bolt paterns different?
I'm not sure, but I belive it is the same. I can measure something on R8/B8 if needed?

Ales

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:24 pm

LittleDevil wrote:Like Sam said. RS4 B8, RS5, R8 calipers are the same, only that RS4 and RS5 have OEM Holders.

It is also recomended that you install caliper holders first, than other parts (dustguards, custom spacers + discs) and than caliper on the end.

You can use your existing brake lines, because they are the same. All other parts are included like you see on the picture of full kit.

And coding also needs to be done on ABS unit for RS4 B7 Ceramic Brakes. :beerchug:

Kind Regards, Ales
Thansk. Yes, Vagcom coding/adaption for ABD and Airbag I believe...

Thanks for pointing out the install procedure and confirming parts :beerchug:

Thanks for now :thumb:

R1RS4
5th Gear

Post by R1RS4 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:17 am

neilparf wrote:
LittleDevil wrote:Like Sam said. RS4 B8, RS5, R8 calipers are the same, only that RS4 and RS5 have OEM Holders.

Kind Regards, Ales
Thansk. Yes, Vagcom coding/adaption for ABD and Airbag I believe...

"God" Neil what happened ?

Dropped off the forum yesterday lunch time and came back this morning to find this lot

What was the answer? To fit 380mm steel discs do we use the OEM caliper setup for the B7 or a custom caliper mounting plate?

cheeRS R
RS4 B7 Avant,2007
Metallic black, Black optics pack, Black gloss Wheels, Milltek black tipped -valved, MRC Installed TTS Supercharger 610ps/626nm, MRC stage 3 remap, CAF, DRC/SS+ with H&R spacers, carbon race splitter, carbon trim

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:58 am

R1RS4 wrote:"God" Neil what happened ?

Dropped off the forum yesterday lunch time and came back this morning to find this lot

What was the answer? To fit 380mm steel discs do we use the OEM caliper setup for the B7 or a custom caliper mounting plate?

cheeRS R
Sorry Rich! Keppin' ya on your toes!

I had a few questions and 30 minutes later this thread is a few pages long! :thumbs:

I'm sorry, I really don't the answer to that 380mm question. Over to anyone else?

Good luck!

Return to “Parts”