B7 RS4 Milltek...

Parts For Sale / Wanted Only
Neuromancer
Neutral

B7 RS4 Milltek...

Post by Neuromancer » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:46 pm

Hi all,

I currently have a non-res valved Milltek but I'm self- conscious my sleepy-hollow leafy village may not like it as much as I do.

So, does anyone have the resonated centre section they can sell?

Or, and I'm not sure yet if I want to do this, want to arrange a meet up somewhere to swap an OEM with the Milly with cash (debating internally the price to swap) my way? I'm near Nottingham if that influences?

Happy to receive PM's if easier.

Thanks for reading :)

otb123
Neutral

Re: B7 RS4 Milltek...

Post by otb123 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Still looking for a stock system?

Neuromancer
Neutral

Post by Neuromancer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi, sorry unfortunately not. I bought a resonated milltek centre, and very happy with the choice!

otb123
Neutral

Post by otb123 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Did the non-res sound good? I take it was just too loud for where you live.

Looking at exhaust options myself and find the stock one a little bit quiet for the size of the engine and would like a bit more growl!

Neuromancer
Neutral

Post by Neuromancer » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Apologies for the delayed reply!

Yes, the non-resonated sounded great, especially when changing gear, but droned heavily inside the car and it became annoying (and noisy) trying to drive around the drone up to 2k rpm. The drone noise I think made me feel the car was more anti-social externally than maybe it was when trying to creep out of my village at the crack of dawn!

It was recommended to me to get an OEM exhaust and x-pipe the centre, but logistically made more sense to change the Milltek centre section. It's still too loud for me personally on cold-start, but otherwise perfect.

Return to “Parts”