4th Gear

Re: Wanted eventuri carbon air box for RS7

Post by R33 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:27 am

Same goes for the exhaust.

AlanRS7
Neutral

Post by AlanRS7 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Yes I know Rs6 & RS7 AirPower the same....

Thought the ovals on Akropovic however were slightly different

dasquade
3rd Gear

Post by dasquade » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:07 pm

At you want one for....looks or what they claim? :)
*the real gain is in the inlet pipes witch eventuri doesn't adress. Just saying....

AlanRS7
Neutral

Post by AlanRS7 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:33 pm

Looking to change air box, Apr downpipes, then akra exhaust....not sure akra couples with Apr dp very well

AlanRS7
Neutral

Post by AlanRS7 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:39 pm

Having had a look at new rs7 I’ve decided to keep mine another year....
F20CD3B0-8BE3-448E-A2FC-4C075C18EB51.jpeg

dasquade
3rd Gear

Post by dasquade » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:17 am

What i meant to say, if money isn't an issue (it kinda is i guess since you looking it secondhand section) the eventuri on itself isn't that much of a powergain maker. The real issue is the inlet pipes between the airbox (whatever type) and the turbo's. There are 3 brands that developed bigger tubes that especially focus on the connection between the tubes and the turbo's. Stock the tubes end up going inside the turbo's (reducing inner diameter) witch creates pressure drop (standard and most tunes even retain the preprogrammed pressure drop increasing parameter. Getting enough air in the turbo's isn't an issue (size or shape of airbox/filters), the real gain is in making sure it gets sucked in as efficiently as possible (by keeping the ID as big or equal as the turbo's hole).
Unless you want it for eyecandy and 'sellers power gains'.

AlanRS7
Neutral

Post by AlanRS7 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Thanks for comprehensive reply....the money wouldn’t be an issue if I planned to keep the car longer term , list the brands and I will have a look into them....of course they have to look fairly developed not the the roc euro look....
Once agin thanks.
Still want the car to look and feel OEM +, not really after some Milltek roar...something a bit more subtle...

dasquade
3rd Gear

Post by dasquade » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 pm

Well it is a common misleading fact...i'm taking about the inlet pipes PAST the normal airbox with outlet pipes. So the two aluminium pipes after the accordion flex tubes that are normally hidden under the engine cover.
If you want looks and money isn't an issue: MRC carbon inlet pipes (no link you need to contact MRC itself, they are +1000€ if not mistaken)
If looks aren't that important, DMT racing released their inlet pipes month ago, decent build altough they went for a cheaper build mounting to turbo's (simular to the stock inlets). Around 800-900€ i tought.
Lastely, SRM (silly rabbit motorsport) true flow pipes, simular to DMT racing pipes (so alu made) but with CNC milled mounting ellbow. Around 700-800€.
SRM and DMT racing both offer a long and short version, shot connects to stock RS airbox or eventuri if money isn't an issue/long comes with 2 cone filters.
MRC short version only.
Again you already need very BIG hybride turbo's before you stock airbox is no longer able to suck enough air...it are the inlet pipes that are the bottleneck

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:37 am

dasquade wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 pm
Well it is a common misleading fact...i'm taking about the inlet pipes PAST the normal airbox with outlet pipes. So the two aluminium pipes after the accordion flex tubes that are normally hidden under the engine cover.
If you want looks and money isn't an issue: MRC carbon inlet pipes (no link you need to contact MRC itself, they are +1000€ if not mistaken)
If looks aren't that important, DMT racing released their inlet pipes month ago, decent build altough they went for a cheaper build mounting to turbo's (simular to the stock inlets). Around 800-900€ i tought.
Lastely, SRM (silly rabbit motorsport) true flow pipes, simular to DMT racing pipes (so alu made) but with CNC milled mounting ellbow. Around 700-800€.
SRM and DMT racing both offer a long and short version, shot connects to stock RS airbox or eventuri if money isn't an issue/long comes with 2 cone filters.
MRC short version only.
Again you already need very BIG hybride turbo's before you stock airbox is no longer able to suck enough air...it are the inlet pipes that are the bottleneck
Perhaps, but my Eventuri reduced heat soak over the stock air box. Maintaining full power when hot is more beneficial to me than a few extra HP only available when cold.

But this is a wanted thread.

dasquade
3rd Gear

Post by dasquade » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:51 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:37 am
dasquade wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 pm
MRC short version only.
Perhaps, but my Eventuri reduced heat soak over the stock air box. Maintaining full power when hot is more beneficial to me than a few extra HP only available when cold.

But this is a wanted thread.
Thanks for your input MikeFish :). Definatly didn't wanted to dish the eventuri, just curious if there is any change you can proof it (you happen to have before and after logs of IAT's pre charge cooler, ambient, etc). From what i understand (at least on stock RS turbo's and mild hybrids) we aren't running out of air when it comes to filter volume (single filter versus dual). Overall the stock and eventuri are simular enclosure with the eventuri having a much more open side (RS has oil cooler near/under the filter) and promote their product over a true hot air intake. Personally have the 'eventuri intake slope plate' helping direct feed the box.
Mind me asking what you refure too with heatsoak or how you define it in your case? I personally base it on pure IAT's after charge cooler (what maters). I notice heatsoak to enter my car the moment if is heated up normally (atm 20-30°C IAT with +-10-15°C ambiant). The moment coolant is on operation temps (97°C) AND i enter slow traffic/start stop, that is the moment my IAT's start to take a hit and goes throughwards the +-40°C. I personally blame this due to lack of airflow through the engine bay (engine components heat + heat beeing extracted from the radiators but semi gettign trapped in the enginebay instead of gettign pushed throught the exhaust tunnel or gaps). This buildup heat gets sucked up by airbox holes/material i think (so not seeing why the eventuri would do a better job at it).
Fact is: people have seeing good results with turning on the radiator fans (stock ones) when standing still/slow driving, so that kinda tells me there is at least some truth to my theory.
Anyway, i'm sure the eventuri is a great product and in some ways might help, not sure if pressure drops can be messured or if that is a mathematic calculation (diameters etc). Point i was trying to make, the eventuri doesn't adress the inlet pipes between the stock box/eventuri and turbo's. Stock inlets go into the turbo's whereas the 'true flow' inlets are mounted on top the turbo flange...giving you the true turbo's inlet ID opening.
DS1 recently posted their finding, would need to try to find it up again to be precise, but it was something like 29% versus S inlets, 19% versus RS inlets. If not mistaken that was the pressure drops (less pressure drop is better), meaning the turbo's need to work less for the same work, so same boost with less work witch also means the produce slightly less heat. But again your tune needs to be adjusted to the inlets as by default the ECU already gets a pressure drop parameter (witch you need to reduce in you add those inlets).

Best combo might be eventuri AND true flow pipes :bigblink: .

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:58 pm

The OBD dongle / app I used to use din't show IATs so I was unable to check them. However, there was clear reduction in heatsoak. Ultimately it doesn't really matter what the log would have said anyway as I know it made a difference (logs just help other people who can;t drive the car see the difference).
As many people will agree, once the car gets warm, and in particular on days when the ambient temperature is higher, we all feel a little drop in power compared to those damp mornings when the car feels like it wants to take off. Well, with the Eventuri, I had that feeling more often. It would pull a lot harder on warmer days or when the car was really getting hot.

Have you seen the video where they discuss how they came to the final design (original design showed a loss in power). They talk extensiavely about keeping the IAT down

From their website:
It was developed to achieve two objectives – 1) De-restrict the turbo inlet paths. 2) Maintain low inlet temperatures. The first objective was met by providing each turbo with a separate filter and Venturi stack in order to reduce drag and allow the turbos to work more efficiently. The second objective was met by enclosing the filters inside a carbon airbox and feeding them with an additional scoop added behind the front grill. The C7 RS6/RS7 engine bay has multiple heat sources from different directions so a simple configuration of open filters and shields would result in higher IAT values. Our carbon airbox enclosure has been designed to maximise the use of the available volume and block all sources of heat. The resulting performance gains and aesthetics are industry leading for the C7 RS6/RS7.

The C7 RS6/RS7 Eventuri system uses 2 Venturi stacks mounted to the filters which smoothly transition to the turbo tubes. These provide an aerodynamically efficient airflow path from the filters to the turbos. Not just another cone filter with a heat shield but a unique design which invokes the Venturi affect and allows laminar flow to be maintained throughout the tubing, reducing the drag on the turbos.

Return to “Parts”