Wanted Audi RS4 B7 H pipe

Parts For Sale / Wanted Only
CRS3
Neutral

Post by CRS3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:52 am

Hi,
I'm looking for a H pipe for an Audi RS4 B7. Wanting to make my RS4 sound better.

Thanks
Chris.

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Re: Wanted Audi RS4 B7 H pipe

Post by RS4LAD » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:35 pm

For an rs4 you want an X pipe.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:01 pm

Or straight pipes.

Cheers :thumbs:

CRS3
Neutral

Post by CRS3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 am

Thanks boys, but after reading many posts and articles and watching countless videos on X, H and Straight pipes. I have decided to go for a H pipe. Reasons being that the H gives more low down torque and it sounds more beefy bass growl. I had a Milltek on my last RS4 and very much loved the growl from that. I believe that system used an H pipe. I would prefer a Milltek again but don't have the thousands to shell out for one at the moment. Unfortunately I have only heard the differences in sound between H, X and Straight on you tube and not in real life so can only base my decision on the sound quality of the video clips. But after watching countless videos I think the H pipe sound is the one I want.
Thanks
Chris.

Seattle-squash
2nd Gear

Post by Seattle-squash » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:41 am

Just fab one, or have exhaust Shop do it, and an easy job and I see no reason to buy one unless you want stainless. Had both H and X and like both. Currently on X but only as I wanted less rasp once knee deep in the throttle, but do miss the deeper sound on idle with my H. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

MrRSB7
1st Gear

Post by MrRSB7 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:39 am

Does this bring any faults up on the dash by doing this?

And does it need a remap after too?

I also want one ha ha
2006 2-tone merlin purple , decat delete, res delete, x-pipe and rear back box delete......rs5 alloys.. silver brake callipers

CRS3
Neutral

Post by CRS3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:01 am

No faults that I'm aware of and I don't think you need a map after ethier.
I plan to remove the centre silencer aswell to help amplify the V8 sound.
I like the thought of keeping the valved back boxes for abit of stealth when appropriate and also after reading an interesting article on back pressure in exhaust systems and how the valves affect this.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 am

MrRSB7 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:39 am
Does this bring any faults up on the dash by doing this?

And does it need a remap after too?

I also want one ha ha
It doesn’t bring up and faults or need a remap.
CRS3 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:01 am
No faults that I'm aware of and I don't think you need a map after ethier.
I like the thought of keeping the valved back boxes for abit of stealth when appropriate and also after reading an interesting article on back pressure in exhaust systems and how the valves affect this.
The centre silencer or resonator is what you replace with the pipes.

Cheers :thumbs:

Seattle-squash
2nd Gear

Post by Seattle-squash » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:31 pm

CRS3 wrote:No faults that I'm aware of and I don't think you need a map after ethier.
Yes, forgot to mention that and what I did, and if you are looking for sound I remove silencers for sure combined with your choice of H or X, otherwise I am afraid you won’t get the sound difference you are looking for.

Stiggles
2nd Gear

Post by Stiggles » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 pm

CRS3 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 am
Thanks boys, but after reading many posts and articles and watching countless videos on X, H and Straight pipes. I have decided to go for a H pipe. Reasons being that the H gives more low down torque and it sounds more beefy bass growl. I had a Milltek on my last RS4 and very much loved the growl from that. I believe that system used an H pipe. I would prefer a Milltek again but don't have the thousands to shell out for one at the moment. Unfortunately I have only heard the differences in sound between H, X and Straight on you tube and not in real life so can only base my decision on the sound quality of the video clips. But after watching countless videos I think the H pipe sound is the one I want.
Thanks
Chris.
If you're interested in a milltek I've a non res cat back with valves and black tips I've been meaning to put up for sale for a while

CRS3
Neutral

Post by CRS3 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Would be perfect if they weren't Black tips. I like it shiney, shiney. Cheers though

dazRS4
Neutral

Post by dazRS4 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 am

Stiggles wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 pm
CRS3 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 am
Thanks
Chris.
If you're interested in a milltek I've a non res cat back with valves and black tips I've been meaning to put up for sale for a while
Sorry to jump in and hope you don't mind on your post but if you don't want his black tip version, would Stiggles mind messaging me about it as I am interested
Thanks Darren

Return to “Parts”