For Sale: RNS-E

Parts For Sale / Wanted Only
FrazerD
4th Gear

For Sale: RNS-E

Post by FrazerD » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi folks,

I have my RNS-E that I removed from my 07 RS4. Nothing wrong with it, I just replaced it with a Sony unit. Not really sure what they are worth but going by eBay, I’ll say £200 but I am open to offers and advice on the price as I don’t want to rip anyone off.

Cheers :thumbs:

FrazerD
4th Gear

Re: For Sale: RNS-E

Post by FrazerD » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Price amended and now on eBay

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481 ... olid=11111

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:51 pm

Hello, we sold one on EBay last week for just under £200. I didn't think it would shift but a late bid secured it, we had it listed on FB groups too but no one was serious even at £200.

If I may, your listing would benefit from stating whether you have the code with it. I would also clean the screen on the pictures and relist with the better pictures... I am probably just fussy but the screens are notorious for degrading over time..... If yours is good show it as so.

GLWS

P
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 am

Lady Penelope wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:51 pm
Hello, we sold one on EBay last week for just under £200. I didn't think it would shift but a late bid secured it, we had it listed on FB groups too but no one was serious even at £200.

If I may, your listing would benefit from stating whether you have the code with it. I would also clean the screen on the pictures and relist with the better pictures... I am probably just fussy but the screens are notorious for degrading over time..... If yours is good show it as so.

GLWS

P
Thanks, I have had a few offers on eBay but nothing serious. I’m not sure what you mean by the code, I never needed a code to work it. Yea you might be right, I just grabbed a few quick photos, I’ll see how I get on and maybe take some better ones.

Thanks for your advice.

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:00 am

Guy on the FB RS4OC page after one. If you to PM contact details I'll forward on if that helps?

P
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 am

Lady Penelope wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:00 am
Guy on the FB RS4OC page after one. If you to PM contact details I'll forward on if that helps?

P
Thanks, very kind.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Bump.

locksrs2
1st Gear

Post by locksrs2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Does anyone know if this is compatible for a B5 RS4?
Ur Quattro 20v
Rs2 Nogaro blue
Rs4 B5

dhali
4th Gear

Post by dhali » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am

u
locksrs2 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 pm
It will work but you will need a kuftec wiring adapter , an aerial adapter and there will be gaps on either side of the face plate ( not huge but annoying ).The colour of the rnse is also slightly different compared to the B5 HVAC unit . You can get someone to make /adapt the face plate but it is expensive or have a go yourself at adding strips to the ends and painting to match . Also iirc the rnse faceplate has to be trimmed along the whole bottom to fit . There is also the issue of the clock on the navigation being out of sync but again doable but you need a can gate module and the guy who made them will not make anymore . If your lucky one might come up for sale . If I'm honest the rnse is way out of date for all the hassle involved to get it to fit . Your better of getting one of the pioneer units with much more funtions for not much more and a faceplate .
Last edited by dhali on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

HPsauce
4th Gear

Post by HPsauce » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:39 am

FrazerD wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 am
I’m not sure what you mean by the code, I never needed a code to work it.
The unit needs a security code to first recognise a vehicle. Once installed and the code is entered it "normally" recognises the vehicle, even after a battery swap.
To install in another vehicle you will definitely need the code.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 am

HPsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:39 am
The unit needs a security code to first recognise a vehicle. Once installed and the code is entered it "normally" recognises the vehicle, even after a battery swap.
Will I find this code in the book?

dhali
4th Gear

Post by dhali » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:57 am

HPsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:39 am
FrazerD wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 am
I’m not sure what you mean by the code, I never needed a code to work it.
Is the code not in the rnse handbook ? I know it is for the rnsd .

mikep99
4th Gear

Post by mikep99 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:55 am

If not, Audi can supply it but they might charge you and you might need the unit fitted in your car.
Alternatively, there are sellers on ebay who are able to get the code but I haven't tried any.

Mike

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:06 pm

dhali wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:57 am
Is the code not in the rnse handbook ? I know it is for the rnsd .
I’ll have a look when I get home, thanks.

locksrs2
1st Gear

Post by locksrs2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:32 pm

dhali wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am
u
locksrs2 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 pm
It will work but you will need a kuftec wiring adapter , an aerial adapter and there will be gaps on either side of the face plate ( not huge but annoying ).The colour of the rnse is also slightly different compared to the B5 HVAC unit . You can get someone to make /adapt the face plate but it is expensive or have a go yourself at adding strips to the ends and painting to match . Also iirc the rnse faceplate has to be trimmed along the whole bottom to fit . There is also the issue of the clock on the navigation being out of sync but again doable but you need a can gate module and the guy who made them will not make anymore . If your lucky one might come up for sale . If I'm honest the rnse is way out of date for all the hassle involved to get it to fit . Your better of getting one of the pioneer units with much more funtions for not much more and a faceplate .
Many thanks. Seems too much of a hassle. I'll look for alternatives.
Ur Quattro 20v
Rs2 Nogaro blue
Rs4 B5

Return to “Parts”