Wanted: RNS-E Aux-in cable (urgently)

Parts For Sale / Wanted Only
HPsauce
4th Gear

Wanted: RNS-E Aux-in cable (urgently)

Post by HPsauce » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Does anyone happen to have going spare the cable that provides Aux-in capability via a mini-jack to an RNS-E?

I think this connects to the TV input socket on the back. It's an early model RNS-E if that makes any difference.

Ideally would like to have it by this weekend so I can fit it to my sons S4.

PipRS6
2nd Gear

Re: Wanted: RNS-E Aux-in cable (urgently)

Post by PipRS6 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:20 pm

They are only a few quid on ebay. You might be able to find one that can do next day shipping if you hurry!

HPsauce
4th Gear

Post by HPsauce » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Sadly not, it's cheap and slow or fast and expensive.
Just thought I'd ask in case anyone had a spare one and would be happy to post first class.

If I can't get one in time I'll just make sure at the weekend that I can recode it OK to activate AUX-IN and that the relevant socket is available.

HPsauce
4th Gear

Post by HPsauce » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:21 am

OK, so just to close this off, we discovered at the weekend that my son's S4 has several options he was unaware of!
The "sports celebrity" first owner appears to have specified almost everything it was possible to at the time back in 2006, including the noisy exhaust.
So among other things he does have a TV tuner, analogue only so useless, he didn't even know it was there.

1. I've ordered a very cheap Aux-in cable, £4 delivered via the slow boat from China! Initially I'll just unplug the TV as it uses the same socket.

2. Will also use a cheap (£2!) Bluetooth rechargeable mini-jack dongle into that - have one already on my hi-fi!

The TV input uses different pins to the Aux-in on the 32-pin connector to the RNS-E, so eventually I'll merge them, mainly for tidiness.
We also might think about upgrading to a hybrid tuner eventually, it's a straight swap with just a minor rejig of the Fakra aerial inputs from 1*4 to 2*2..

Return to “Parts”