B7 RS4 Oil Cooler and Pipes (used)

Parts For Sale / Wanted Only
Red roof
1st Gear

B7 RS4 Oil Cooler and Pipes (used)

Post by Red roof » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:46 am

I have just replaced my oil cooler with a Radtech unit and the pipes with JHM pipes.
I did it as a preventative measure so the removed parts are still good and not corroded together though there is some signs of corrosion in the pipes they will be removed from the cooler.
The cooler and pipes were done by Aberdeen Audi just before I bought the car in Feb 2013, and have done around 15k miles.
Don’t currently have the car at hand as she is in for detailing until late next week but can post pics once I get her home and separate the hoses from the cooler.
Let me know if anyone is interested, I am thinking around £250 the lot depending upon closer inspection.
The cooler and pipes were done by Andy at A4 Audi Clydebank last week and it was him that suggested to sell the parts on, otherwise they were for the bin!
Cheers
Garry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

irishmike
3rd Gear

Re: B7 RS4 Oil Cooler and Pipes (used)

Post by irishmike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:10 pm

I'd be interested, would you post it?
I'm based in Ireland

Red roof
1st Gear

Post by Red roof » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi Mike,
I would be expecting to post it to be fair as I live out in the sticks and wouldn’t expect anyone to come this far for it.
Once it’s back I’ll remove the pipes, take some pics, package it up and take it to the post office for a quote for shipping as there are no couriers nearby.
Cheers
Garry

irishmike
3rd Gear

Post by irishmike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Ok, cheers

Red roof
1st Gear

Post by Red roof » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:07 am

Not getting the car back until Monday now - sorry for the delay.

Red roof
1st Gear

Post by Red roof » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:00 pm

See pics below
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It looks in good condition, with plenty life left in it as is. I’ve tried to remove the pipes but they haven’t moved. It’s now sat bathing in PlusGas and I’ll have a go again tomorrow.
The Post Office in the village is closed today so I’ll get the quote tomorrow for sending to Ireland.
Cheers

Garry

Red roof
1st Gear

Post by Red roof » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Unfortunately I’ve stripped the threads. Seemed like it was moving without much effort and I was thinking, great, then when it came off I noticed I’d stripped the lot. So unless you want it for the cost of the postage it’s going in the bin. If you’re looking for a new one, I’d certainly recommend the Radtech.
Really sorry but I would rather I broke it instead of you buying an already seized unit.
Garry

ImageImageImage

Return to “Parts”