Audi S4 B8

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
liffy99
2nd Gear

Audi S4 B8

Post by liffy99 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:51 am

After seven years of proud ownership it’s time to move on and sell my treasured S4.Apologies to anyone who has enquired before - the car was up for sale previously but then I went to France for a few months so the car was unavailable (but locked up, SORN, in the UK).

She has been a real dark horse, more unassuming than an out and out sports car, but far more comfortable, spacious and every bit as fast, especially having been MRC tuned (ask for details).

The car started life as one of Audi UK’s demonstrators and has pretty much all of the options then available. Only thing missing is the AMI. With a full service history (Audi for first few years, then independents) the car has always been well maintained. For a reason Audi refuse to disclose, a new engine was fitted 29k into the car’s life so at their expense so, although 112k has been covered, the engine has run for 83k.

The car had a new MOT and oil service in March and I have recently replaced the two front tyres (matching Goodyear Eagle F1 as on the rear). the brakes were checked OK at that time.

The car is in very good condition. 24 months ago two new front wings were fitted, courtesy of Audi’s anti corrosion policy as a couple of small rust spots had developed on the wheel arches and shortly after I had bonnet and bumper resprayed to sort out some stone chips. All in Phantom Black metallic.

Specification;

Audi S4, B8 chassis, 3 litre supercharged TFSI engine
Manual gearbox
Audi Drive Select (allows on the fly changes to steering, throttle response, differential response and suspension)
Sports differential (rare)
Super Sports seats in red and black nappa leather
Fully electronically adjustable seats with memory
Sunroof
Folding rear seats with ski hatch (makes for a very large load space)
Passenger seat storage
Auto dipping xenon headlights
Bang and Olufsen stereo with DAB tuner and 6 CD changer
19” Alloys
Climate control
Remote central locking with window and sunroof closure
Sat Nav
MMI Infotainment system (2G High)
Front and rear parking sensors
Space saver wheel
Drilled and vented discs with EBC pads
Recent Bosch Aerotwin wipers

Plus the usual stuff like electric one touch windows all round, front and rear foglights.

First registered Feb 2009, 09 registration

MRC tuned at 50k miles - has run without a hiccup. Ask for details and dynoplot.
Spark plugs changed at 90k. Always run on super unleaded.

To be honest I have never driven anywhere close to the car’s potential. Not sure why I went for ‘full monty’ tuning as it is far more than needed on UK roads (OK I am a sad old sixty something) but it is great to know there is always plenty in reserve to make rapid progress and overtaking so much easier.

It is in very good condition and runs very well, but it is a 12 year old car so there are a few minor marks, stone chips here and there. A few more photos available if needed.

Car is based near Glastonbury, Somerset.

Price £9500

Last edited by liffy99 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

liffy99
2nd Gear

Re: Audi S4 B8

Post by liffy99 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:13 am

Hmmm
Several hundred views but little interest. Any pointers ?
Is it the model / price / colour / spec ?
Must admit the car is humming along nicely. I'm sure they put on their best if they fear having to leave their home !
Or maybe I shouln't anthropomorphise . . .

Silverfox42
4th Gear

Post by Silverfox42 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:44 pm

Bear in mind there is a limited buying potential on here as most people already own, or have owned, a decent car.

Is this on other national sales sites with any interest?
Could be that the red inlay/leather is a bit marmite (IMO Obvs), or that a couple of thousand more secures you a V8 RS4 B7.
Just my two penneth, but I put an ad up several years ago and got lots of views but no proactive interest.

GLWS
2017 RS6 Performance
Previous:
2006 RS4 B7 Cab, 2014 RS4 - Suzuka + a ton of toys, 2011 RS5, spec'd up + ABT exhaust, 2006 B7 RS4 'loon - 5 years of fun! 2006 Aston V8 Vantage, 2006 S4 Cab, 2005 S4 Avant, 2000 TT 225 Cab, 2001 2.5 A4 TDI Quattro, 2000 A4 1.8T Sport, 1996 2.6 80 Cab, 1997 A4 1.8 T Sport

Stevie1982
2nd Gear

Post by Stevie1982 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:04 am

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, as mentioned above I've never found forums to be a great place to sell as most users have a car. I think your issue will be the cars overall mileage. At 110k although it's obviously been looked after as a potential buyer I'd be considering if I bought it and added my annual commute over a year or 2 year period. as it would be a used in a daily basis that could see it rise to 130k and I'd be questioning how easy would it to sell on. Also having a look on trader there are 09-10 plate cars with 80 odd thousand for similar money albeit standard ones, some won't care nor want a modified car so your audience will always be smaller.

It might be worth adding the details regards the mods and tuning by MRC, whether it's on stock exhaust and what clutch has been fitted etc. The more information the better in my opinion.

Hope that's not offended and if you feel it hinders your sale advert let me know and I'll remove the content

Good luck and I'd suggest getting it up on Autotrader and possibly Ebay of all places.

Bingo66
Neutral

Post by Bingo66 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:52 am

Sell it through the auction site "Collecting Cars". I've tried to purchase several cars on there recently and given up. The prices cars are fetching on there at the moment is unbelievable. Not great for people like me but obviously great for sellers. Recent failures include a clio V6 which I had a top price of £48k and went for well over £50k with buyers fee and an M3 which sold for £3k more than the best price I'd ever seen for one with similar mileage and spec.
Audi's ALWAYS do well on "Collecting Cars".

liffy99
2nd Gear

Post by liffy99 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:34 pm

At last, managed to capture a milestone yesterday !

Car still for sale, with reduced price.

liffy99
2nd Gear

Post by liffy99 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:17 am

Still for sale , now £9500. S4s seem to be growing in popularity recently.
Just washed, clayed, polished and waxed.
Last week I returned from a run up to Yorkshire - on the way up I broke my mpg record easily (not hurtling about, 50-70mph on Motorways and A roads) - 34.4 mpg !!!
Usually average about 27 though.

Return to “Cars”