RS6 C5

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
carlssonaero
1st Gear

RS6 C5

Post by carlssonaero » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:53 am

a reminder in case some have missed details about my car.

It needs putting back together and I may do it but I want to know my options i.e selling it and starting again.

In short the TQ C failed, damaged the box and crank snout, The car is very good apart from that and has great history. Here are the details. I have lots of pics of how it looked before it failed and went off the road in Jan 20 and a few pics of what it looks like now.

If interested shout on here and I can pm you.

details below

I have recent pics and can send them but do bear in mind it has been stood outside a year so will look messy. Also brakes lines swelled and rusted while outside and will need some rust work sorting underneath due to standing

BUT Here it is link to pics taken about 18 months a ago before the problem .

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oqerpb8y761h ... WPPQa?dl=0

To diagnose the failure when it broke down the gearbox, T’qe converter and engine and exhaust had to come off. The engine is back in situ but not torqued back up. the gearbox and TQ C are still out of the car and are with the car at the garage as is the exhaust (miltek cat back non res). Brakes need a light skim due to standing but pretty sure brake pads and disks all ok. Tyres are Pirelli p zero rossos and all had loads of tread. Cam belt /water pump done 3 years ago but less than 15K miles ago.

Since I bought the car it has had ( Invoices available):
new flexi down pipe joints , o/s/f diff casing seal (dec 19 ):
new tailgate seal, n/s/f outer cv boot, one new air mass meter (oct 19)
new convenience control unit, pollen filter (aug 19)
replaced worn vacuum hose to fuel pressure regulator (may 19)
new oil cooler and pipe, o/s cam cover and VVT gaskets, new A/C compressor (feb 19)
4 wheel laser alignment (july 18)
new front genuine OEM Audi pads and discs (about 6k miles ago), replaced both tie rods and ends (june 18)
new front upper inner control arm bushes, new rear wishbones and tie rods, one new front parking sensor, handsfree mic fitted (wired for bluetooth calls and music (through my mobile) (april 18)

Before I had it (invoices available)
timing belt kit, water pump, ribbed belt, belt damper, OAT 5 year coolant (on purchase by me from used car dealer in Jan 18)
replaced crankshaft position sensor,and oil cooler lines ( oct 17)
fitted new intercoolers, oil cooler and oil lines (aug 17)
replaced both cam cover gaskets,and gearbox prop shaft output seal (jul7 17)
leaking DRC replaced by Koni yellow sports shocks all round, new control arm,rh link arm,lh link arm,front lower rear arm,front lower rear arm (LH),o/s/f upper arm,upper rear arm x2 ,n/s/f upper rear arm, temp senser (june 17),

I would be interested to receive offers. For me I would need to pay for all the work but someone who could do the work or much of it themselves they would be in a better place than me

Kind regards
Julian

carlssonaero
1st Gear

Re: RS6 C5

Post by carlssonaero » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Please see below.

I don't think the link to the pics works now but if you pm me I will email you pics before the problems with the box and we took it off the road. Can also send you pics now or you could go look at it at the garage in Surrey. and pics now. his could be really good again. I am looking for £5K

Return to “Cars”