C5 RS6 For Sale Spares/Repair SOLD

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
davethedesigner
Neutral

C5 RS6 For Sale Spares/Repair SOLD

Post by davethedesigner » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:11 pm

NOW SOLD
The time has come where it is no longer practical to own this car. We are coming into winter and I need something more practical when I stop riding my motorbike and not in need of repairs that I no longer have the time or the space to do.

I’ve owned the car for six years, its now done 145,000 miles Four years ago it had the engine out and the gearbox rebuilt. It was also fitted with a Level 10 torque convertor. At the same time The intercoolers were replaced with Wagner’s ,the SAI pump removed, New rear discs and a new rear brake calliper fitted. I spent about 7K. It had Bilstein shocks on it when I bought it, these are still working OK. Last summer I replaced the Alternator and last November it had a full respray (rear door replaced after my neighbour ran into it). August this year it had 4 new PS4’s on it which have done negligible mileage. I was just in the middle of re-trimming the alcantara headlining.

Generally it’s a solid working example of its kind, however just recently it developed a misfire and yesterday I was told that it probably needs 2 new coil packs. Unfortunately that also revealed faults with the EGT and Lambda sensors along with a cam position fault. To add insult to injury the air bag light has come on although this might just be a dodgy connection. The MOT is due in 5 weeks’ time but up until the misfire I had no reason to think it wouldn’t pass like every other year.

It pains me as I love this car but I can neither afford the time, space or ability required to drop an engine and as I have two ‘project’ cars on the drive already, stripping it for spares would be a project too far for both my family and the neighbours.

Located in Derby

£4500 ono

questions, queries, other photos to the number below

Dave
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg