Info

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
dtayl19
Neutral

Info

Post by dtayl19 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:08 am

Hey, does anyone have any info on this car please? Just trying to get some history on it. Its an rs6 avantImage

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

simonpoulton
3rd Gear

Re: Info

Post by simonpoulton » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 pm

Not specifically but it looks like its had a front end o/s collision at some point. Missing the lower grill and badge, non standard mirrors. Not sure if is the photo or not but the panel gaps look a bit funky on the o/s wing. Possibly leaking oil as well!
Current: RS6 C5 Avant, E60 5 Series, '78 Mini (Queued for restoration)
Past: R56 Mini Cooper S

dtayl19
Neutral

Post by dtayl19 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:20 pm

simonpoulton wrote:Not specifically but it looks like its had a front end o/s collision at some point. Missing the lower grill and badge, non standard mirrors. Not sure if is the photo or not but the panel gaps look a bit funky on the o/s wing. Possibly leaking oil as well!
Yeah I've been offered it but it has no history at all, apparently stolen. Its got nothing lol was just seeing if it was a known vehicle and that other people could vouch for it but its not looking good. Done around 150k aswell so without proof of major jobs it's a massive risk!

dtayl19
Neutral

Post by dtayl19 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:26 am

simonpoulton wrote:Not specifically but it looks like its had a front end o/s collision at some point. Missing the lower grill and badge, non standard mirrors. Not sure if is the photo or not but the panel gaps look a bit funky on the o/s wing. Possibly leaking oil as well!
Just thinking, that would explain the brand new o/s headlight aswell! Glad I posted, wasn't particularly awake to that lol thanks

Weiß-sechs
5th Gear

Post by Weiß-sechs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 am

All comes down to price really. You'll be taking a punt if you go for it but if it's stupid cheap then may be worth a shot.
Get it on a ramp if poss, see how the DRC is ( or more likely, coilovers), give it a good, long test drive to see how the 'box behaves etc. You could grab a bargain if you're lucky, in a world of financial pain if you're not....

ChrisA
4th Gear

Post by ChrisA » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:21 am

simonpoulton wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 pm
Not specifically but it looks like its had a front end o/s collision at some point. Missing the lower grill and badge, non standard mirrors. Not sure if is the photo or not but the panel gaps look a bit funky on the o/s wing. Possibly leaking oil as well!
Great work. 👍

Things you can check online, MOT and tax until mid September 2021, been off the road since 2015, failed its MOT in September because of a missing windscreen (not seen that one before, maybe had a full respray?), 166k miles, previous mot advised that the following need attention (Nearside Front Steering rack damaged but serviceable (2.2.C.1d)
Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Nearside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)) these items didn’t get flagged on the next mot BUT it might have been put through by a “friendly” mot station!

Personally I wouldn’t touch it with a shitty stick.

dtayl19
Neutral

Post by dtayl19 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:54 am

ChrisA wrote:
simonpoulton wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 pm
Great work. Image

Things you can check online, MOT and tax until mid September 2021, been off the road since 2015, failed its MOT in September because of a missing windscreen (not seen that one before, maybe had a full respray?), 166k miles, previous mot advised that the following need attention (Nearside Front Steering rack damaged but serviceable (2.2.C.1d)
Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Nearside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)) these items didn’t get flagged on the next mot BUT it might have been put through by a “friendly” mot station!

Personally I wouldn’t touch it with a shitty stick.
Hahaha, thanks bud, I offered him 2.5k, he said he wants atleast 5800 lol I've left that well alone! Thanks for all the info

Ben_r1
3rd Gear

Post by Ben_r1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:58 pm

It’s good for breaking I’d say that’s about it

Return to “Cars”