Wanted B8 RS4

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
tstendall
Neutral

Wanted B8 RS4

Post by tstendall » Sat May 09, 2020 11:52 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been looking on this site before.

Up until recently I had a B7 RS4 but it caught fire outside our house!! - I only had it about a month.

My wife says that I have to get something newer - "a B8 RS4?" - I asked nicely.

So I've upped my budget a little bit and looking for a B8 RS4 or if I'm allowed to say it on this forum an S4 Avant possibly.

Here's my thoughts / criteria if anyone can help:

Budget is £20k - £25k
Preferably after 2014 - my wife is now a bit worried about 'old' cars
I like the fact this is proper q car so black grey or possibly blue or silver
Black seats - probably prefer the standard super sports ones - do the alcantara ones wear well?
Expect mileage to be sub-70k
Would really want sports exhaust option or any after market - I like my cars to sound the part
Would also expect the B&O stereo but I think this is a well ticked option
Would ideally like the panoramic sunroof but I think this is pretty rare
Would ideally like not to travel too far from where we live in North Nottinghamshire NG25

Any other thoughts / tips + suggestions welcome. I've already been through auto trader and piston heads and am struggling to find exactly what I'm after - there was one on with motorline direct in Leicester but the last mot showed misting of oil around suspension damper, I asked them about it (given what I know about drc) and they didn't come back to me and I think it's now been sold as doesn't show on auto trader anymore.

One thing I did wonder when looking at one version on with a dealer called Phantom Motor Company is that the car they have seems to be absolutely fully loaded with the options spec, even has ceramic brakes and bucket seats - the reg on it is OY62 LXH - i noticed from a lot of the press reviews of the RS4 when it was released that they had similar registrations - all were OY62 LX something - might this have been a former launch press car - if so is this a good or bad thing.

Sorry this has turned into a right ramble!!

Thanks in advance.

TimH
Neutral

Re: Wanted B8 RS4

Post by TimH » Mon May 11, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi,
Happened to stumble across your post whilst researching exactly the same car!
9 owners (yes, you read that correctly) and a gap in the servicing between 35k and 52k.
Definitely one of the best spec'd cars out there and possibly worth the risk with the full Phantom 3 year warranty - an additional £2500.
Always had an RS4 on the bucket list and would be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on the owners / servicing gap issue.
That's probably why it's a few grand cheaper than it probably should be with such a high spec...
Still struggling to understand how 9 people could have owned the car in 8 years though.
Ceramics should be good for 100k (from what I've read elsewhere in the forum).
I guess it then comes down to the gearbox and any smaller issues with the engine caused by the service gap.
In my experience Audi's are fairly bullet proof.
I've had loads and never had a problem with any of them.
Not sure if this is the one for me - the spec is tempting, but the multiple owners and servicing gap could be a deal breaker.
It does look incredibly clean however...

R55ENS
2nd Gear

Post by R55ENS » Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 pm

I've got a red one for sale, if that's something you'd consider? Check the for sale section for full advert! 👍
RS4 B8 AVANT

TimH
Neutral

Post by TimH » Tue May 12, 2020 3:47 pm

Turns out the service gap was a typo in the advert and there was an additional service at 46k - all main dealer.
Too good to miss at this price and spec.
It's now sold!!

tstendall
Neutral

Post by tstendall » Wed May 13, 2020 6:58 am

R55ENS wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 pm
I've got a red one for sale, if that's something you'd consider? Check the for sale section for full advert! 👍
Thanks R55ENS - it’s a lovely motor - personally I’m trying to go for as understated a look as possible so in my head I was searching for grey or black - that didn’t stop me from looking though! - yours is also a bit out of the budget I had in mind - thank you again for posting though.

tstendall
Neutral

Post by tstendall » Wed May 13, 2020 6:59 am

TimH wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:47 pm
Turns out the service gap was a typo in the advert and there was an additional service at 46k - all main dealer.
Too good to miss at this price and spec.
It's now sold!!
I noticed that they’d taken it off their site but still appears on autotrader - frustrating when that happens - is was it sold to you by any chance - if so we’ll done - I perhaps need to be more decisive and less picky?

TimH
Neutral

Post by TimH » Wed May 13, 2020 9:03 am

Yes, I've bought it - it was a no brainer really.
Especially knowing that the service record was fully intact.
I've researched about 30 or 40 cars in the £25-35k bracket and that one stood out as great value for money.
It's being delivered in early July.
I wish you all the best with your search - I hope you find what you're looking for.

tstendall
Neutral

Post by tstendall » Sun May 17, 2020 8:04 pm

TimH wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:03 am
Yes, I've bought it - it was a no brainer really.
Especially knowing that the service record was fully intact.
I've researched about 30 or 40 cars in the £25-35k bracket and that one stood out as great value for money.
It's being delivered in early July.
I wish you all the best with your search - I hope you find what you're looking for.
Just found this video whilst looking for reviews / buying guides featuring none other than your car!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M6GZHSbufkM

Return to “Cars”