WTB RS4 B5 - A heartwarming story about friendly support from fellow forum members.

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
Artur
Neutral

WTB RS4 B5 - A heartwarming story about friendly support from fellow forum members.

Post by Artur » Sun May 03, 2020 11:51 am

Right,

After over 10 years on various BMW forums, I decided to create a profile on rs246 and srs to look for a rs4 b5.
Keeping in mind my previous, mainly epost bmw forum, experience I was hoping for some help from other forum members in my search for the perfect car.

Finally yesterday, another member reached out to my in a private message and suggested reaching out to his, I assume, friend, to discuss the matter.
I promptly used given email address and the rest... well, I will leave the rest for you to read and make your own opinion on this.

Me:
Hi, I got your email from a member on rs246 forum (name of the referring person).
I understand your have a rs4 b5 for sale?
If that's the case, could you provide me with some details about it? Photos /spec / price would be great.
Many thanks

Seller:
Where are you located?

Me:
Berks

Seller:
Photo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Me:
Thank you XXXX. I'm guessing the spec sheet isn't from this car?
What's the mileage etc? I'm guessing the car isn't in UK at the moment?

Seller:
25,239 miles
No the car is not in UK I am mechanic and I gave you the spec sheet for the car to save me the stress of typing and you understanding better

Me:
Thanks XXXX. The spec sheet is definitely not from this car, looks like b8 spec sheet to me. Perhaps you attached a wrong file?

Seller:
2001 Audi RS4 B5
has a 2.7-liter biturbo V6. 460 hp and 442 pound-feet of torque (600 Nm).
That’s the information I am sorry for sending the wrong sheet it was a mistake
It’s horsepower made a b5 a unique 2.7-liter biturbo

Me:
Thanks. Ok, some hardware changes then. It would be interesting to understand what exactly but I'm taking you don't have this info handy.
Is it leather or leather/ cloth seat car?
And finally, how much do you want for it?
Thanks

Seller:
email1: (sends photo 6,7,8)
email2:Offering for $7,000 how much would you love to pay
The price a little flexible Artur
email3: Kindly confirm you are receiving my mails

Me:
Yes.
Once the car is in UK, ping me an email with all details and we will take it from there.
Thanks

Seller:
Will do.
But you have to make at least 3% deposit of the sales price to show your seriousness of buying the car before it can be shipped to UK

Me:
I'll have to pass on that, thanks though.

I will just leave it here...
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

birdiemachine
4th Gear

Re: WTB RS4 B5 - A heartwarming story about friendly support from fellow forum members.

Post by birdiemachine » Sun May 03, 2020 11:55 am

What a tosser, don’t let that affect your opinion of this forum, lot of those kind of sharks on every forum.

I was on r32oc for years, then moved to here when I got a rs4 and I’ve always found the people on here particularly helpful and decent, have bought lots of parts off people and no issue.

Keep searching mate!!! B5 you’re after? I’m sure some of the decent members will see this and might know of a good one for sale somewhere.

Nige_RS4
Cruising

Re: WTB RS4 B5 - A heartwarming story about friendly support from fellow forum members.

Post by Nige_RS4 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:41 am

Did you send the 'referring person' to PhilT (site admin) so he can look into this?
www.speedcams.co.uk

B5 2.7t S4 - gone
B5 2.7t RS4 - gone
Ed 30 Golf DSG - gone
A5 3.0tdi - gone within 12 months!
S3 2.0 tfsi - 6+ years, but now sold
2018 Golf R 7.5

114uyc
2nd Gear

Post by 114uyc » Tue May 05, 2020 8:38 am

If I was you I would hurry a put that 3% deposit on it before it sells.

Artur
Neutral

Post by Artur » Tue May 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Haha, yeah, still looking for the perfect b5;-)

I didn't reach out to admin to be honest, I kind of forgot about this already. This member has zero level rank etc, so they will keep on coming back using differend login details.
I have to say though, this $7000 rs4 b5 (or s4, or a4, estate or sedan) with applied friends and family discount is pretty tempting...
Sadly, after receiving all these photos, I still do not know what this chap is actually trying to sell, since every interior photo shows a different car - it's like playing "spot the difference"

It's scary to think some people would actually buy this nonsense.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Wed May 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Unfortunately forum wanted threads are an easy target for scammers nowadays :(
B5 B6 B7 B9

IchBautAuto
4th Gear

Post by IchBautAuto » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:10 am

Artur wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:07 pm
Haha, yeah, still looking for the perfect b5;-)

I didn't reach out to admin to be honest, I kind of forgot about this already. This member has zero level rank etc, so they will keep on coming back using differend login details.
I have to say though, this $7000 rs4 b5 (or s4, or a4, estate or sedan) with applied friends and family discount is pretty tempting...
Sadly, after receiving all these photos, I still do not know what this chap is actually trying to sell, since every interior photo shows a different car - it's like playing "spot the difference"

It's scary to think some people would actually buy this nonsense.
There is an unread PM for you since May with some pointers. Sort of odd that it hasn't been read in over a month.
C5 RS6, Milltek and Wagners: B5 RS4 450 + HP: A4 1.8 GP TQS original: 1963 UNIMOG 404:

Return to “Cars”