SOLD - Price Drop to £12k: RS4 B7 Avant. Daytona Grey

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
redadair
Neutral

SOLD - Price Drop to £12k: RS4 B7 Avant. Daytona Grey

Post by redadair » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:28 pm

** Editted as the car has now been sold **

Owned since 2016. Mileage ~90k. Car is in SE London. Selling as with a toddler I am not finding the time to drive the RS4 enough to justify continued ownership.

Looking for £12,000 (nb - edited from original post of £14,500). Car has been well cared for, and drives great in my view ... but needs some work - see below

The photos are mostly from this summer following an excellent detail by AutoGloss HD

Options
- Daytona Grey
- Recaro sport seats, electric - black leather
- Sat Nav, with both discs covering West and East Europe
- 6 CD multichanger
- Adaptive lights (pretty certain, but never been able to find an option code Sticker to prove)
- Auto lights/rain sensor/auto dim mirrors

Non-standard bits:
- New front discs and pads (Jul 2016, ~67k): JHM lightweight slotted, with Hawk HPS 5.0 pads
- Stage 1 at MRC Tuning (Nov 2017, ~76k): Dyno at 422 PS and 446 Nm

Servicing / major work done / condition:
- Servicing: MRC Tuning annually since 2016, Audi by previous owners
- Carbon clean at MRC Tuning (Nov 2017, ~76k)
- Aux radiators: both replaced at Fontain Motors (Jul 2016, ~65k)
- Oil cooler: lines replaced at MRC Tuning (Nov 2019, ~89k)
- Tyres: Michelin PS4 (Nov 2018) ~ 6mm tread all-round
- Exterior: Paintwork in good condition; some minor chips and scratches (worst is scuff on rear bumper). Some kerb scuffs on the alloys.
- Interior: Great condition (but it does need the armrest stowage compartment latch fixed (again))

Work needed soon
- DRC: MRC reported leak on OSR shock at most recent service (Nov 2019), and corrosion on the hard lines. I didn't act then as decided to leave the DRC vs coilover choice to next owner.

Other advisories from MRC ... not necessarily requiring work now, and described to me by MRC as fairly usual for age of the car. But likely to require some work idc, or sooner depending on preferences (and budget!).
- Exhaust: OS flap seized, NS sticking. 'Rear boxes sound as if breaking up' (?)
- Suspension: rear bushes showing usual corrosion, front upper arm bushes split, front bottom ball joints starting to perish
- Brakes: front discs slight lip, rears lipped. Front pads 40% worn, rear 60-70%. Recommend new discs on next pad change.
- Cooling: 'Oil leak from rear of coolant pump' - mechanic said leak was slight, so one to monitor rather than act on
- Other: 'Rad fan panel corroded', 'sump starting to corrode'.

Other
- Registered March 2007 (07 plate)
- 3 owners (including me)
- 2 keys
- Audi toolkit and "Tyre Mobility System" (sealant, replaced during my ownership)
- Service book
- Receipt folder
- Manuals
- Not tracked by me

[Note Post edited 1 Feb to reflect price drop]
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
Last edited by redadair on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RS4 Avant (B7) | Gone: Chevrolet Camaro SS, Litchfield Type 25, Nissan 350z

redadair
Neutral

Re: For Sale: RS4 B7 Avant. Daytona Grey

Post by redadair » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:51 pm

Price drop to £14,000 as the car hasn't sold.

Any feedback on pricing gratefully received too. There is some work to do on the car - but I thought was in the right ballpark given overall condition and use of MRC for servicing / care / upgrading. But let me know if you disagree!

Chris

Bund
2nd Gear

Re: For Sale - Price Drop: RS4 B7 Avant. Daytona Grey

Post by Bund » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:27 pm

The more experienced will correct me but to me it would be sensible to put a miltek system on to correct the exhaust issues then along with the other work needed now and suggested all in the bill is likely to be £3000-4000?

Also comfort is less desirable it still would appear.

I think you could be asking a few k to much as it stands.
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

redadair
Neutral

Post by redadair » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:07 pm

Bund wrote:The more experienced will correct me but to me it would be sensible to put a miltek system on to correct the exhaust issues then along with the other work needed now and suggested all in the bill is likely to be £3000-4000?

Also comfort is less desirable it still would appear.

I think you could be asking a few k to much as it stands.
Thanks for the feedback Bund. Your take is much appreciated.

On pricing, i had been thinking that the car plus suspension / exhaust work might end up around £17k. Not a steal, but buyer would know the suspension and exhaust were brand new and specced to their tastes. But maybe was using a bit of man maths to think the work might be £2-3k rather than £3-4k!

And yep on comforts. I wanted them for peace of mind since the car is parked outside and there were fairly fresh reports of bucket stealing when I bought it. But maybe less of a problem now ... and the buckets are way cooler for sure!

Chris

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:43 pm

After owning one with buckets I'd rather have comforts.

Might want to keep an eye on the finishing bid on this one just to get an idea of the appetites of potential buyers, might not be as good as yours but has had the drc changed, miltek added and brakes changed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184146839421

Here's my rs4, she will be serviced next week and have a new mot,
Done 97k miles with full service history
Carbon cleaned last jan
Bilstein suspension
New milltek exhaust 4 months ago
Revo stage 1 remap 4 months ago
Brakes were replaced 8k miles ago with audi parts.
The car looks drives and sounds spot on, very smooth. She does have some stone chips on front to be expected with any 13 Yr old car
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

redadair
Neutral

Post by redadair » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:50 am

Thanks Bund. Very useful ... so seems like I might have misjudged the price. Or perhaps not a great time to sell for whatever reason. Either way, I need to sell ... so will drop the price again. I have taken a hatchet to it this time - so am dropping to £12k.

Return to “Cars”