removed from sale

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
HarleY141213
Neutral

Re: 2006 Audi RS4 Saloon Daytona Grey

Post by HarleY141213 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Im new on here, just finding may around and seem to have duplicated my post. Admin please delete the duplicate

Thanks very much

FrazerD
4th Gear

Re: 2006 Audi RS4 Saloon Daytona Grey

Post by FrazerD » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 am

HarleY141213 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:26 pm
I travelled 160 miles to view this car the other day. Nice bloke selling it, however when taken for test drive it had horrendous knocking from the offside rear wheel. Seller stated he had never heard it before and suggested it may be something in the boot.
Having returned from test drive I could clearly see that the gap between the top of the tire and arch was significantly less on the offside. Also a blow on the exhaust.
Strangely the previous DRC had been replaced In 2018 with gen parts fitted by Indy.
Looking at MOT.s it's done approx 10k since this was replaced..??? And there was the paperwork to support this

Sport button worn on steering wheel?
Discs and pads seemed ok

Very disappointed tbh as first impression is was a nice car.

Having left without it, the seller contacted me to say his garage confirmed leak from rear shock.

Surely that and the exhaust would have been picked up straight away on MOT?

Bent MOT me thinks
HarleY141213 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:28 pm
Im new on here, just finding may around and seem to have duplicated my post. Admin please delete the duplicate

Thanks very much
You’ve made a cracking first impression.

Cheers :thumbs:

SteveG
3rd Gear

Re: removed from sale

Post by SteveG » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:01 am

Lol ! :)

HarleY141213
Neutral

Post by HarleY141213 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:38 am

That’s the 1st one I’ve viewed and driven.
From things I’ve read and videos I’ve viewed on line I was under the impression that the suspension should be firm yet comfortable?
This felt like Fred Flintstones motor, I had to check my fillings when I got home. I also found the steering considerably heavy, like there was none/ little power assistance?
I’m still looking for a nice car but should the steering be so heavy and ride so harsh?

Quango86
2nd Gear

Post by Quango86 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Think you really need to drive a few. These are classed as sports cars so steering and suspension feel sporty in them. Saying that a few bold statements to make on the car
B7 saloon, koni Shocks and h and r springs, h and r spacers 8mm f+r, milltek non res with valves, milltek d/ps, k and n filter, full mrc carbon clean, mrc stage 2 with l/c and f/s 456bhp 522nm.

HarleY141213
Neutral

Post by HarleY141213 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:48 pm

There’s one not that far from me, about 20 miles at burton on Trent staffs. A dealer has it, black with I think 138k up it. Might go see that and see how that drives? Mileage a bit much for me but at least it’s another drive under my belt

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:36 pm

HarleY141213 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:48 pm
There’s one not that far from me, about 20 miles at burton on Trent staffs. A dealer has it, black with I think 138k up it. Might go see that and see how that drives? Mileage a bit much for me but at least it’s another drive under my belt
Aye why not go along then when you get home, make sure you come on here and bitch about it.

You might want to conduct yourself a bit better on the forum, a good start would be to stop posting <beep> on the for sale thread that you ruined.

HarleY141213
Neutral

Post by HarleY141213 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:52 pm

“<beep>”

I’m very sorry I don’t quite have your knowledge and experience of the B7 RS4, for me there’s a lot to learn about them in particular some of the expensive things that can/ do go wrong with them.

As for forums, I’ve been on many over the years, just new to this one. I have always found along with many others that if a vehicle has been viewed and is nothing like its description then it’s good to let others know, as we all moan about having wasted journeys for “ mint” cars that are nowhere near “mint”

I never had any intentions of killing the thread, but share my findings.

Personally as a new member on here, I do find your tone somewhat aggressive.
I do hope you manage to get what ever it is stuck in your arse removed and happy new year😉

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:22 pm

HarleY141213 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:52 pm
“<beep>”

I’m very sorry I don’t quite have your knowledge and experience of the B7 RS4, for me there’s a lot to learn about them in particular some of the expensive things that can/ do go wrong with them.

As for forums, I’ve been on many over the years, just new to this one. I have always found along with many others that if a vehicle has been viewed and is nothing like its description then it’s good to let others know, as we all moan about having wasted journeys for “ mint” cars that are nowhere near “mint”

I never had any intentions of killing the thread, but share my findings.

Personally as a new member on here, I do find your tone somewhat aggressive.
I do hope you manage to get what ever it is stuck in your arse removed and happy new year😉
No need to apologise to me for anything as it wasn’t my thread you ruined. I’m all for using a forum to learn about issues, that’s the whole point of the knowledge being shared.

I can’t remember the advert and as it’s been removed I can’t comment on the word mint being used but if it was on drc and it was leaking it’s a pain in the arse so barter some money off and fit coilovers. If it’s on coilovers and it’s leaking, replace the shock. The worn sport button is a common issue, as is a worn RS4 badge on the steering wheel, but you should know that if you had done your homework. And as for the exhaust, knock a bit more off and get it sorted.

As a new member on here, what you really should be doing is joining in and learning about the car you want to buy rather than what looks to me, test driving members cars just to get a feel for them. As for my tone, it’s no where near aggressive but it’s just writing so you can take it how you want.

Nothing in my arse pal, enjoy your future RS4 ownership.

Ali6295
Neutral

Post by Ali6295 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi, I own the car in question. I was going to stay quiet because to be completely honest I did not want to get involved in a pointless argument with anyone when the thread had already been ruined and after the comments made I myself would be put off viewing the car but I can confirm that they are highly exaggerated.

I was contacted just before Christmas by this member with regards to my rs4 and when answering the phone they asked me if the car was still for sale. At that point I did have 2 cars which I had listed for sale one being my rs4 and another audi which a female relative had asked me to sell on their behalf therefore I asked which car they were referring to. The member asked me if I was a trader to which I replied no and explained the situation regarding the 2 cars for sale. Due to the busy festive period we could not agree on a date and time to view the car as I was away for the holidays so it was agreed that they would call me later in the week to arrange a convenient time.

The following week the member called again and we agreed on a convenient time to view the car. It was agreed that I would leave the engine cold so i did as requested. On the day they were supposed to view the car they sent me a text 20 mins before the time I had expected them to arrive saying they had changed their mind and would not be coming to view the car. I asked why this was the case and they said that they had had decided not to buy an rs4 after all due to the running costs such as road tax and that money was tight. I thought this was the end of this but the following day they text me again late in the evening to inform me that they had once again changed their mind and that they did now want to view the car after all as “you only live once”. Even after I had already been messed about i agreed to let them view the car.

When the member arrived to view the rs4 they asked again if I was a trader and again I said no and explained the situation once again but they insisted they knew I was a trader after I said I had asked which car they were calling regarding on the initial call. At this point I didn’t bother arguing as they clearly wanted to believe I was a trader no matter how many times I insisted otherwise.

They then had a look around the car as well as looked at the paper work. If they had asked to see the log book I would have happily shown them this and this would have shown the car was registered to me personally and that I had owned the car for over a year. They did not find any faults at this point even after hearing the engine on cold start. They asked where the sport button was and I pointed to it on the steering wheel. I would like to point out that that advert had a clear picture of the cockpit and the button was clearly visible so anyone wanting to view the car should have already been aware of any wear prior to calling me.

Now I was kind enough to allow them to test drive the car with me in the passenger seat as I have nothing to hide on the car and I’m not out to con anyone out of any money. They mentioned that their was a knocking sound coming from the back which was genuinely the first time I had heard this myself. I don’t drive the car that often and I’m on the road a lot for which I use a diesel as my daily driver.

After the test drive they said it was a nice car but they were concerned about the knocking so they would go away and have a think about it and they even asked me if it was ok to come back with somebody who had more knowledge regarding the cars to view the car again. I agreed to this.

After this the member went back to their own car and I turned the rs4 around and shortly after I took it to a local Indy I trust who confirmed that one of the shock absorbers was “weeping” more that usual and the drc system had lost pressure as a result. I text the member to inform them of this and I apologised as I would not have agreed for them to come view the car had I known there was an issue. I have since removed the car off this thread until I have rectified the problem and I am currently looking at different coilover set ups. Now I would like to point out I would not be a very good “trader” if I openly admitted to any issues with a car I was looking to sell let alone take the car off sale to then spend over £1000 to fix it if I was looking to make a profit on it.

With regards to the MOT any RS4 owner who has had the drc system in their car will know that it is normal for the car shocks to weep and even Audi themselves have precisely clarified this. Therefore, a weeping shock would not result in a failed MOT as anyone half decent who has any knowledge on these cars knows that it just part of the day to day running of these systems. To add to this, I have also had the car checked with regards to the exhaust and they have confirmed that their was a slight leak in the flexi pipe which they did not initially notice as it is only obvious when the car is under load.

Although the body work on the car is in very good condition I never used the word “mint” in my ad or at any point during any conversations we had. I would also like to point out and I am sure many rs4 owners will agree with me when I say this that it is not the smartest of ideas to try and run these cars on a tight budget. After all it is a 4.2 V8 and the cars are now almost 15 years old since production first started.

The member viewing the car had no intention of buying the car on the day. They had already told me that they would need to arrange for finance and this would take approximately 3 days. Therefore, I find it amusing when they say they left without the car when they didn’t even have the finance to buy the car even if it was in “mint” condition.

I hope this clears up the situation and I will be create a new thread once the car is 100% and ready for sale. 👍

SteveG
3rd Gear

Post by SteveG » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:38 am

There is a lesson in this for both of you, plus your both new members unfortunately

Ali6295
Neutral

Post by Ali6295 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:14 am

SteveG wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:38 am
There is a lesson in this for both of you, plus your both new members unfortunately
👍

Return to “Cars”