C6 rs6 wanted + advice

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
Jfryatt
Neutral

C6 rs6 wanted + advice

Post by Jfryatt » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:33 pm

After years of fast porkers and mercs it’s time to scratch the audi itch. I currently live in switzerland but coming back to the London soon.

I’m after a c6 rs6 (cash purchase)...Original or modified. I’m struggling to find one that isnt red or is very tired...there seem to be very few on pistonheads and most of the autotrader cars look a bit shabby.

Bad writeup aside, there is one on autotrader that caught my eye, particularly as it has ceramics.

Does anyone know anything about this car?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... rchad=Used

Cheers

huntersmob
2nd Gear

Re: C6 rs6 wanted + advice

Post by huntersmob » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:29 am

hello I am selling mine. my thread is a few below this one.
my pics are from a non valeted car as I use it all the time.
regards

robin993
1st Gear

Post by robin993 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:16 pm

I will be selling my C6 RS6 Avant very soon. It is Sepang Blue with Silver leather. it has just under 70,000 miles. It has been MRC stage 2 tuned and comes with Miltek resonated and non resonated exhaust pipes. I found the non resonated too loud for me..

I am an enthusiast and have looked after it well. The tuning was done around 12,000 miles ago, it has recently had an oil service, gearbox service, plugs and coils.

i am looking for £24,000 or offers on that.

my number is 07768522957 if you are interested.

i am selling it as my porsche 911 rebuild is nearly complete.. :-)

thanks for reading.

Toady1
3rd Gear

Post by Toady1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:40 am

Jfryatt wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:33 pm
After years of fast porkers and mercs it’s time to scratch the audi itch. I currently live in switzerland but coming back to the London soon.

I’m after a c6 rs6 (cash purchase)...Original or modified. I’m struggling to find one that isnt red or is very tired...there seem to be very few on pistonheads and most of the autotrader cars look a bit shabby.

Cheers
Hi, I think you must be the guy who emailed me about my car that was on Pistonheads. That monza silver with ceramics does look nice, and low miles too, but the interior being cream wouldn't do it for me.

You're right, there are very few on pistonheads - which is a good sign, autotrader does seem to attract the used car dealers more and you're also right, these cars don't tend to look so well loved. I've always bought my cars off pistonheads to be honest, they're generally owned by enthusiasts so are usualy in better kept condition. The RS6 in Europe is starting to appreciate in value now, and it seems hard to find adverts for similar cars to the autotrader one you've posted for less than 40k euros! The UK seems to be different though, at the moment....

They won't make another V10 twin turbo, so I think these are a destined to be a future classic.

When looking look out for cars that have had the coolant pipes replaced (in the drivers wheel arch they rust), and watch out for oil leaks from the oil pump (passenger side of lower engine). DRC failures are rare, but are cropping up - listen out for knocks on bumps and look out for leaks on the base of shocks. Good service history is key, and I'd buy off of an enthusiast personally over a 2nd hand car dealer.

Cheers,

Liam
Last edited by Toady1 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jfryatt
Neutral

Post by Jfryatt » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:30 am

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

live.marc
1st Gear

Post by live.marc » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:24 pm

How does the C5 compare over there as opposed to the C6 re future classic?
2003 RS6 C5 Avant Black on 19's

Return to “Cars”