FS: AUDI RS4 B7 AVANT - SPRINT BLUE - FULLY LOADED

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
humdinger71
Neutral

FS: AUDI RS4 B7 AVANT - SPRINT BLUE - FULLY LOADED

Post by humdinger71 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:03 pm

VERY reluctantly sellin my long-searched for RS4 B7 Avant due to job change and company car.

View it here in it’s full glory. Open to *realistic* offers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292917895667

Cheers.

Owain55
1st Gear

Re: FS: AUDI RS4 B7 AVANT - SPRINT BLUE - FULLY LOADED

Post by Owain55 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:52 am

Hi, looks like a nice example.

Have you got details of any other work on the car;
When we're the discs and pads last changed - have they got much wear?
Any work on the Aux radiators?
Has the engine had a de-coke?
Says recent service and MOT - when we're these carried out and what was the mileage?

Thanks,

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:59 am

I’d advise you to drop the “fully loaded” and “every option” language before you get ripped to shreds on what otherwise seems like a decent car.

It doesn’t have every option (no sunroof or ceramics for example) and the hyperbole is not doing you any favours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

CallumB7
2nd Gear

Post by CallumB7 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:34 am

£23k seems a bit steep for 85k miles

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:45 am

So you bought a car for ~20k with crap DRC, get stung for a 3k bill and try and flog it for 23k to recoup the money, lol. Good luck

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)
2.8 VW Bora V6 4motion (Blue)
4.2 Audi RS4 B7 Avant (Black)

jamiej
2nd Gear

Post by jamiej » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:11 pm

Was this originally from NI?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Current
'07 - Audi RS4 Avant Daytona Grey
'16 - BMW M135i F20 (LCI)
Gone
'02 Audi 8L A3 1.9 TDI (PD)
'03 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
'96 VW Golf VR6
'91 Toyota MR2 NA
'90 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
'90 VW Mk2 Golf GTI 8V

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:53 am

Ha ha ha! Good luck 23k is a sub 45k mile car, which has a great spec with all common issues rectified.

humdinger71
Neutral

Post by humdinger71 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:50 am

Thanks for all the (mostly) useful feedback and commentary, I am a relative newbie to the RS world, but have owned and bought and sold plenty of high performance cars in my life so far.
Whilst it hasn’t got *every* single extra, it’s got almost every, I know this because I’ve got the original spec sheet from when purchased new, and almost every extras are ticked. Far as I can see, it’s mainly only missing sunroof (I purposefully didn’t want one, as I’ve been reliably informed they routinely leak with age), and ceramics (again advised against this, as I don’t track the car, and use it as a daily driver), so I stand by its being fully loaded, all things considered.
The car was from Northern Ireland, looked for ages for it, but have changed job and am starting a house extension, together meaning it needs to go. Glad I travelled to get it. Had it fully mechanically inspected before travelling, and the mechanic said he wouldn’t hesitate to view it.
As for the price, it’s perhaps slightly optimistic at £23k, but having viewed about 20 B7s when I was buying, I know how relatively meaningless mileage is vs the importance of condition and quality of the car. The spec and condition of this far outweighed any of the ‘low mileage mint’ cars I viewed. This is a great example, mechanically sound, and aesthetically truly great condition. Lastly, I get that cars should have common issues rectified is one thing, but having “DRC checked and I’m told it’s all fine...” is one thing, but we all know the vast majority of DRC systems will go at some point, so rather than just keep the DRC going and hoping for the best, like the others I saw when hunting for mine, I had the DRC overhauled, and it now drives beautifully, with DRC warranty for peace of mind. I didn’t get stung, I made a conscious choice to get the car running 100%, as having tested coil overs vs factory DRC, there was no comparison for me for an all-rounder, DRC all the way.
I’m open to offers on price, but on balance, considering the quality and rarity of this example, and money invested, let’s see how we get on. I’m not in a hurry to sell.
I saw so many modified, sub-optimally maintained, average B7s when I was hunting for this; with service history missing, or servicing at high street garages, or ones which had major issues when inspected, so I know how good this example is, it’s got full service history at either the original Audi dealer, or Fontain, it’s always had whatever it needed, with original parts, it’s factory standard, unabused, unmodified, has a fantastic spec, in the joint best colour (IMO), with new DRC, and drives sweetly, never skips a beat.
Cheers all.

rocket1
4th Gear

Post by rocket1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:44 pm

where abouts are you and where is the car currently advertised. thanks al
rs4 b7 daytona avant. Miltek resonated valved, Mrc stage 2
vw touran 2.0tdi, blue /black leather. family wagon!!.
repsol honda fireblade.
Zx12r b1 in black and gold. The colour to have!!

Return to “Cars”