C7 RS6 For Sale Soon - £28k Options inc Ceramics

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: C7 RS6 For Sale Soon - £28k Options inc Ceramics

Post by Surrey Sam » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:56 pm

Just can't help looking at this and I don't even want or need an RS6.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:41 am

This car was on the outside of my radar but I was waiting to see if the price navigated to £40k had it not sold but actually looks to have appreciated! :)

I like the car a lot but a B8 RS4 would do just as good a job for me personally but leaving me more cash in the bank.

Is the dealer selling on your behalf?
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

Rich_C
3rd Gear

Post by Rich_C » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 am

Bund wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:41 am
This car was on the outside of my radar but I was waiting to see if the price navigated to £40k had it not sold but actually looks to have appreciated! :)

I like the car a lot but a B8 RS4 would do just as good a job for me personally but leaving me more cash in the bank.

Yes - car is SoR with them although they have given me a strong option as an outright purchase which I'm mulling over.

In the most polite and sincerest way if £40k is the best price my car can bring I would happily be keeping it. I would like to think that the condition, mileage and spec of the car separates it from other cars at that price point. If people just want an RS6 then yes there's plenty of cars in the low £40k's but for a special car then you need to pay to play. That's exactly what I did when I bought the car from the original owner. I spent 6 months watching the classifieds waiting for the right car to come up and paid for the privelage when it did & have never looked back since with any regret. Having cash in the bank is certainly a comfort but so is having a perfect car in the garage. Not to be to morbid but when I'm lieing on my death bed (hopefully not anytime soon) I don't think I'll look back & think damn I really should have bought a cheaper car and left some money in the bank. Instead I hope I'll look back & think that the satisfaction of having my perfect car waiting for me everytime I opened the garage door was worth the extra expense. That's my personal view on life but of course yours may well be different. If an RS4 is what you want then it sounds like its the car for you.

Rich.
The Present ...
C7 RS6 Avant - Estoril Blue - everything bar B&O - Akrapovic only upgrade (... so far)

The Past ...
C6 RS6 Saloon - Phantom Black - lots of factory extras but no tuning.
C5 RS6 Saloon - Daytona with black Interior - Full Milltek with 100 cpsi cats - AMD Remap - Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers - MTM Bimoto's - Phaeton Brake Upgrade - RNS-E + Bluetooth + Multi-media player + Phatbox
911 (996) Turbo - X50 - Aerokit - PCCB

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Rich_C wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 am
Bund wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:41 am

Yes - car is SoR with them although they have given me a strong option as an outright purchase which I'm mulling over.

In the most polite and sincerest way if £40k is the best price my car can bring I would happily be keeping it. I would like to think that the condition, mileage and spec of the car separates it from other cars at that price point. If people just want an RS6 then yes there's plenty of cars in the low £40k's but for a special car then you need to pay to play. That's exactly what I did when I bought the car from the original owner. I spent 6 months watching the classifieds waiting for the right car to come up and paid for the privelage when it did & have never looked back since with any regret. Having cash in the bank is certainly a comfort but so is having a perfect car in the garage. Not to be to morbid but when I'm lieing on my death bed (hopefully not anytime soon) I don't think I'll look back & think damn I really should have bought a cheaper car and left some money in the bank. Instead I hope I'll look back & think that the satisfaction of having my perfect car waiting for me everytime I opened the garage door was worth the extra expense. That's my personal view on life but of course yours may well be different. If an RS4 is what you want then it sounds like its the car for you.

Rich.
I wasn't putting the car down Rich, it's just that I dont really want an RS6 that much but would have one at the right price(though I dont keep a close eye to see what that is) but as I've said the B8 RS4 would do the same job for me.

I think the death bed analogy is going a bit far for the difference of 15/20k. ;)
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

Rich_C
3rd Gear

Post by Rich_C » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Price now reduced to reflect removal of The Akrapovic exhaust which is sold in principal to another forum member.

https://www.alexandersprestige.co.uk/s ... tip-auto/
The Present ...
C7 RS6 Avant - Estoril Blue - everything bar B&O - Akrapovic only upgrade (... so far)

The Past ...
C5 RS6 Saloon - Daytona with black Interior - Full Milltek with 100 cpsi cats - AMD Remap - Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers - MTM Bimoto's - Phaeton Brake Upgrade - RNS-E + Bluetooth + Multi-media player + Phatbox

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Before it went to AP didn't you want 45 ish without the exhaust?
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

Regy53
2nd Gear

Post by Regy53 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:55 pm

I have just bought a car very similar to yours same price. Got a fair chunk off. I did consider yours but wasn’t a fan of the colour really
TTS Charged RS4 plus all the goodies

Rich_C
3rd Gear

Post by Rich_C » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:39 pm

Regy53 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:55 pm
I have just bought a car very similar to yours same price. Got a fair chunk off. I did consider yours but wasn’t a fan of the colour really
I’m genuinely pleased for you & I’m happy there’s still people out their buying these kind of performance cars with Brexit turmoil making the headlines. These cars are big investments so you have to get the right car for you. I waited 6 months for mine to appear & as soon as I saw it in the classifieds I knew it was the right one for me. All the best.

Rich.
The Present ...

The Past ...

Rich_C
3rd Gear

Post by Rich_C » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Bund wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:30 pm
Mr Bund. Despite stating you are not interested in buying a RS6 you continue to appear on this thread seemingly with the sole intention of talking down my pride & joy. I honestly am baffled as to why? I have always endeavoured to help other forum users so why you take offence at me trying to sell my car is beyond me. This is not a call for handbags at dawn however I would ask that if you can’t contribute positively to this thread then don’t at all.

To answer your question then yes that was correct. That was then & this is now. I hope you can appreciate Alexander’s are a business like many others so there’s a big difference between me posting on a forum ‘for sale’ section versus Alexander’s marketing a car nationally. For that reason it should come as no surprise that their asking price is higher for a number of reasons. They need to cover the cost of advertising which wasn’t factored in my asking price. Similarly they have overheads to cover such as the wage bill of people answering the phone, wiggle room for negotiating a deal, etc. Admittedly I can do all that myself however I have neither the time nor inclination to deal with dreamers & weekend joyriders - I’ve been there & done that & swore never to do it again. I’m willing & happy to pay for a top class service hence why I chose Alexander’s to handle the sale of my car plus they can offer elements I can’t to attract the right kind of buyer such as finance packages & card payments.

I trust that answers your questions & I look forward to seeing a positive response.

Rich.
The Present ...

The Past ...

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:38 am

Rich_C wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:05 pm
Bund wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:30 pm
Mr Bund. Despite stating you are not interested in buying a RS6 you continue to appear on this thread seemingly with the sole intention of talking down my pride & joy. I honestly am baffled as to why? I have always endeavoured to help other forum users so why you take offence at me trying to sell my car is beyond me. This is not a call for handbags at dawn however I would ask that if you can’t contribute positively to this thread then don’t at all.

To answer your question then yes that was correct. That was then & this is now. I hope you can appreciate Alexander’s are a business like many others so there’s a big difference between me posting on a forum ‘for sale’ section versus Alexander’s marketing a car nationally. For that reason it should come as no surprise that their asking price is higher for a number of reasons. They need to cover the cost of advertising which wasn’t factored in my asking price. Similarly they have overheads to cover such as the wage bill of people answering the phone, wiggle room for negotiating a deal, etc. Admittedly I can do all that myself however I have neither the time nor inclination to deal with dreamers & weekend joyriders - I’ve been there & done that & swore never to do it again. I’m willing & happy to pay for a top class service hence why I chose Alexander’s to handle the sale of my car plus they can offer elements I can’t to attract the right kind of buyer such as finance packages & card payments.

I trust that answers your questions & I look forward to seeing a positive response.

Rich.
Rich

I just looked at my previous 2 two posts and can't see where I've mentioned anything negative about your pride and joy and I did state I would buy an RS6 at the right money. I think stating that I was waiting to see if it navigated towards 40 if it didn't sell isn't really talking your car down.

SOR yes iv'e done it, Joe Macari sold a car for me and it was a good experience but I hadn't tried selling it privately on a Forum for £5k less prior to giving it to them and then making people aware. At the end of the day you still own the car you said so i'm actually surprised you didn't take the opportunity to say when i just asked that it could still be purchased from you directly for £45k.

I've got no bad intentions here, glws.
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

Rich_C
3rd Gear

Post by Rich_C » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 am

Point taken. Maybe I am being over sensitive or just reading your posts differently to how you intended them.

I have sold both of my previous RS6’s via the forum classifieds to forum members in the past hence it is no surprise I started here with my current car. As mentioned at the very start I would dearly love for my car to go to an enthusiast who will care & appreciate it just as I and the previous owner have. Whilst I did get enquiries (some more serious than others) I never quite got to the point of deal I was happy with hence the lure of SoR.

You correctly state that I have the option to withdraw the car from Alexander’s as & when I like whether it be a private sale or as p/x against another car but I would have to pay an exit fee to recompense them for costs incurred to date - I’m sure this is no different to Joe Macari or others. I also have the option to sell outright albeit at a lower number if I do wanted.

If you or any other forum members are indeed interested in the car then you are more than welcome to contact either Alexander’s or to PM me direct for info or to make an offer. Not wanting you to expend energy then to be clear £40k won’t be buying this car.

Rich.
The Present ...

The Past ...

Bund
2nd Gear

Post by Bund » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Rich_C wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 am
Point taken. Maybe I am being over sensitive or just reading your posts differently to how you intended them.

I have sold both of my previous RS6’s via the forum classifieds to forum members in the past hence it is no surprise I started here with my current car. As mentioned at the very start I would dearly love for my car to go to an enthusiast who will care & appreciate it just as I and the previous owner have. Whilst I did get enquiries (some more serious than others) I never quite got to the point of deal I was happy with hence the lure of SoR.

You correctly state that I have the option to withdraw the car from Alexander’s as & when I like whether it be a private sale or as p/x against another car but I would have to pay an exit fee to recompense them for costs incurred to date - I’m sure this is no different to Joe Macari or others. I also have the option to sell outright albeit at a lower number if I do wanted.

If you or any other forum members are indeed interested in the car then you are more than welcome to contact either Alexander’s or to PM me direct for info or to make an offer. Not wanting you to expend energy then to be clear £40k won’t be buying this car.

Rich.
As it often the case comments on line they can be misunderstood or miswritten but either way I wasn't trying to put your car down, it is a very nice car.
Merc 560 SEC
Merc E320 Sportline Cab
Toyota LJ70 LC

Rich_C
3rd Gear

Post by Rich_C » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Just to close this thread out the car is sold with the new owner collecting last weekend. It was a sad moment for me but will console myself with the hunt for an Aston Martin to fill the empty hole in my garage.

My final comment is to say how happy I’ve been with Alexanders who have been great throughout. Having read various nightmare stories on the internet about other people’s SoR experiences it was with a degree of trepidation that I went down this route. In truth I thought the car would have sold quicker but they found the right buyer in the end. I would have no hesitation to recommend them to for anyone buying or selling.

Anyway all done for now. Hopefully back in a couple of years time when the C8 RS6 hits the market.

Rich.
The Present ...

The Past ...

Return to “Cars”