Wanted: RS6 C5 Avant (possible px with Golf R Estate)

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
Dxthomas
Neutral

Wanted: RS6 C5 Avant (possible px with Golf R Estate)

Post by Dxthomas » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Having once previously owned a Mugello C5 Avant (see link below), I find myself caught up in the idea of having another go with one.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=119856&p=791175&hi ... lo#p791175

I've considered a C6, but I find the shape of the C5 more appealing and for some reason, think that the noise of the V10 won't be as good as the V8 (although I've not actually heard the V10 in the flesh). I'm not totally discounting a C6 - although it would need to be towards the lower end of the market range (as I'll need cash my way for px with the Golf).

I've also thought about an RS4 B7 Avant - but slightly put off by the smaller cabin, and the comparative lack of torque against all that the C5 has to offer. That said - I could be tempted.

I currently own (well - PCP) a 2017 Golf R estate, which I would need to PX with someone for an RS6. As the chances of this are pretty slim, I suspect I'll have to wait until February next year when the PCP ends.

I'm not too bothered about mileage. Condition and history are far more important. Preferably a machine that's been breathed on by MRC with some of the usual mods and major jobs done. Mugello blue would be preference - but other colours considered (red's a definite no).

I know it's a long shot - but worth a try.

My Golf R:
image.jpeg
Last edited by Dxthomas on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Markp
5th Gear

Re: Lonely Heart: RS6 C5 Avant (possible swap with Golf R Estate)

Post by Markp » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:43 am

Well, that gave me the creeps.

Dxthomas
Neutral

Re: Lonely Heart: RS6 C5 Avant (possible swap with Golf R Estate)

Post by Dxthomas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:31 am

Markp wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:43 am
Well, that gave me the creeps.
I couldn't agree more. A little innuendo carried a bit far = overkill!

Anyway - original post edited to read a bit more normal.

Thanks for the pointer.

drybeer
Top Gear

Re: Wanted: RS6 C5 Avant (possible px with Golf R Estate)

Post by drybeer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 pm

For what it's worth - I used to own a Mugello Avant, had it around 8 years, and it was ace. I felt I wasn't using it enough and changed it for a 911, but we also have a Golf R Estate (in Atlantic Blue which is pretty similar to Mugello)!

I would say that about 80% of the time it's just as fast, does twice the mpg and the boot size is pretty damn good!

S5 Coupé 3.0 BiTDi Vorsprung
A6 allroad 3.0TDi
T-Roc 2.0TSi SEL 4-motion

Return to “Cars”