Post by aadaam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Looking to buy my first RS4.
Budget of around 13k?
Ideally in black or blue.

Not fussed about mileage
FSH is a must

Spec levels im not too familiar with.
However prefer it to have wingbacks :D

Please bare with me im not massively familiar with the RS4 spec levels, or whether 13k will get me a bag of nails.

Thanks. Adam

Special K C5
2nd Gear

Looking to buy

Post by Special K C5 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:00 pm

I would personally be looking to be spending more than that on a good forum owned car, I may be wrong but I haven’t seen one go for that sort of money.

Someone will be along in a minute I would think that can provide much better advice than me, I am however currently thinking about getting back into a V8 and the RS fold.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current

2015 Championship White Civic Type R GT

Previous
2009 FN2 Civic Type R GT
2003 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 1+, Bilstein coilovers and Milltek
2006 535d M Sport - 20" Breyton alloys, tints & LED lights all round, interior LED's
2003 EP3 Civic Type R
2001 Tuned Saxo Vts

aadaam
Neutral

Re: Looking to buy

Post by aadaam » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Yes i can imagine, ive looked through the forum and the prices seem to be higher than what is on gumtree / pistonheads etc.
That being said i dont know if they are a problems waiting to happen.

Ive also considered an e46 m3 but want to explore a few options first.

Lady Penelope
2nd Gear

Post by Lady Penelope » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Hello!

13k will get you plenty on the forums you are looking at.

If I were you for that money I'd be looking for the Facebook owners group forum guys who for whatever reason have to sell. There seem to be plenty of them..

You'll get the best for 13k there.

Good luck and enjoy what you find.

x
RS4 B7 2007 Cabriolet Misano Red
Revolution carbon air intake, KW adjustable springs, Da Vinci 20" summer rims, OEM 19" winter chrome and black rims, Audi Ceramic front brakes, Milltek cat back non resonated valved exhaust, US spec black front grill, MRC stage 2, Piano black interior + cream leather buckets. EM Tuning dragon eyes and xenon upgrade, TTRS FBMF steering wheel, TV, Reversing camera, Nav, Red leather fitted luggage.

bennn
1st Gear

Post by bennn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm

aadaam wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:22 pm
Thanks for the reply!

Yes i can imagine, ive looked through the forum and the prices seem to be higher than what is on gumtree / pistonheads etc.

I imagine £13k will get you a shitter or one which needs a few thousand spending on it.

In your shoes id go for the E46 M3 or at least test drive both cars before you buy. I had one for 2 years before my RS4 but we've since had a baby so wanted something with more doors and more boot space that's still fun.

There wasn't really much else that ticked the boxes (why oh why didn't they do an E91 M3!)

The M3 is a better drive IMHO as well as being a better looker and cheaper to run and I miss it terribly. Easily the best car I've ever owned.

Having said the above hopefully when I've replaced the knackered DRC on my car I'll feel a bit better about it.

aadaam
Neutral

Post by aadaam » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Lady Penelope wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm
Hello!

If I were you for that money I'd be looking for the Facebook owners group forum guys who for whatever reason have to sell. There seem to be plenty of them..

x
Do you know what the page is called on Facebook?

The best will be worth it for 13k though? Im worried that because of the smaller budget at the moment that it will give me endless problems.

aadaam
Neutral

Post by aadaam » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:52 pm

bennn wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm
aadaam wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:22 pm
Thanks for the reply!

I imagine £13k will get you a shitter or one which needs a few thousand spending on it.

In your shoes id go for the E46 M3 or at least test drive both cars before you buy. I had one for 2 years before my RS4 but we've since had a baby so wanted something with more doors and more boot space that's still fun.

There wasn't really much else that ticked the boxes (why oh why didn't they do an E91 M3!)

The M3 is a better drive IMHO as well as being a better looker and cheaper to run and I miss it terribly. Easily the best car I've ever owned.

Having said the above hopefully when I've replaced the knackered DRC on my car I'll feel a bit better about it.
Yeah i was thinking that myself. The budget can be increased but just will require a big of thinking.

I was thinking about an m3. But not a fan of the engine noise myself, mcuh prefer the V8. Also looks like the RS4 is obviously alot more asethcically pleasing.

Best car ive owned myself is my Scooby surisingly.

The_Coat
4th Gear

Post by The_Coat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:58 pm

aadaam wrote:
Lady Penelope wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm
Hello!

x
Do you know what the page is called on Facebook?

The best will be worth it for 13k though? Im worried that because of the smaller budget at the moment that it will give me endless problems.
This is a place worth looking at, also have a selling page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/369782556546144/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RS4 Avant - Misano Red

Andyevo
2nd Gear

Post by Andyevo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:24 am

Pm’d you

neil_f
2nd Gear

Post by neil_f » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Is it an avant or saloon your after ? Saloons are generally cheaper. 13k will buy quite high mileage examples and likely to need some work. I paid 14.7k for my avant that had 114k miles on it at the time . Had a huge amount of history but I've still had to replace the front brakes , an air conditioning sensor, lower suspension arms and then had the dreaded drc pipe failure . All of this has been in the past year (8k miles ) of ownership. Thing is I could have spent 17 or 18k on a lower mileage car and still had the same issues. I've spent about 1.5k on mine and hopefully that's the worst of the big jobs done ( already had oil cooler and aux rads done before I bought it). Look and drive a few first.

Return to “Cars”