B7 RS4 Saloon (Still under Audi Warranty)

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: B7 RS4 Saloon (Still under Audi Warranty)

Post by Covkiller » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 pm

"my eco conscience is weighing heavily"
Man what the fcuk :drink:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

RS4LAD
3rd Gear

Post by RS4LAD » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:43 am

ollys wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:48 am
Agreed! Look at those arches! You don't get the same effect with Daytona grey or Phantom black..
Are you sure? 8)
Attachments
02F0FEE4-82A2-4877-8644-29C7B21D2B24.jpeg
E230DC2B-D11E-4932-AEBA-F35EE6B7727A.jpeg
C6C5A0EF-7C09-4E0A-A29B-0682D4DD349C.jpeg
6AB6E2B9-C4A5-4BC8-88E6-10D770465718.jpeg

ollys
4th Gear

Post by ollys » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:53 am

Covkiller wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:01 pm
"my eco conscience is weighing heavily"
Man what the fcuk :drink:
What the fuk is called climate change mate- it’s here, it’s real and it’s terrifying - I am starting to come round to the thought that all of us have to do something about it now, no more dicking around, putting fingers in ears and hoping it’s all going to be ok cos it certainly isn’t and it’s all 10 to 20 years away. It’s all of our collective responsibility and it’s our children I’m most concerned about... There, that’s my eco conscience, right there

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:36 am

Wow!

Climate change was a thing well before the industrial revolution, it's been here for a long while, global warming was occurring at rate before 'greenhouse' emissions. You think that you not owning a car will make a change?! You're reeetarded and you've bought into the whole 'climate change' toss just like 'they' wanted you to.
We're not the problem, while you give up your car, massive corporates, state owned providers and emerging economies continue to produce more 'greehouse' emissions than 'us' citizens. Yet we're the ones that are made to 'pay' via guilt-trips about our children or paying more carbon tax for them to continue as normal, it's one of the biggest rouses in the modern era. Look around, nothing is really sustainable at the rate that we're all using it BUT you won't be doing anything to change the tide here, stop kidding yourself, you're just giving 'them' even more resources. Until the changes are real and tangible coming from the top down then continue to drive your car. You probably think you're quoting Ghandi when you preach to everyone "be the change you wish to see in the world".

"Hey, where did all of these worms come from?"
"Out of that tin over there"
"Which tin?!"
"That one with Ollys name written on it"
"Oh great"
No matter where you go, there you are.

ollys
4th Gear

Post by ollys » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:38 am

We have a different view but that’s 👍

Weiß-sechs
    5th Gear

Post by Weiß-sechs » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:25 am

Dude, how can your decision to be an eco warrior happen so fast? Why buy an RS4 in the first place? Surely you're a petrol head like the rest of us or you would've been scooting round in a Prius for the past few years. And, have you not considered just scrapping/recycling it? How is you no longer driving your pride & joy helping the environment when the guy you sell it to is looning around with a massive smile on his face? Makes zero sense to say you're selling a polluting monster because of your eco conscience.

Anyhoo, you've got one good looking '4 there at a very good price. I'd be more than interested if I was in the market atm.

GLWS.
    Last edited by Weiß-sechs on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ollys
    4th Gear

Post by ollys » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 am

What can I tell you? You’re right in many ways. People change. It was an impulse and silly decision to buy the car in the first place, and I probably knew it at the time.

What choices I make may have zero effect on anything - I know that- but at least my own conscience will be clearer, and I can look my kids in the eye and say I did what I could... everyone’s different and is entitled to their own view and I chose simply to answer the question above and give mine.

Greg3227
    2nd Gear

Post by Greg3227 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:10 pm

Climate change has certainly made an effect on me.... it reinforced my decision to buy a V10 now why I still can, because before long they’ll be none left! Same reasoning but totally different outcome I guess. My 3 and 5 year olds absolutely love it, and I can see that, right when I look them in the eye!
    Anyway, GLWS, it looks like a decent motor and anyone seriously looking for one will snap it up, I’m sure 👍🏼

FaisalJ
    Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Greg3227 wrote:Climate change has certainly made an effect on me.... it reinforced my decision to buy a V10 now why I still can, because before long they’ll be none left! Same reasoning but totally different outcome I guess. My 3 and 5 year olds absolutely love it, and I can see that, right when I look them in the eye!
    Anyway, GLWS, it looks like a decent motor and anyone seriously looking for one will snap it up, I’m sure Image
    I’m doing my bit for climate change by hoarding polluting cars and then not driving them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 RS4 B7 Avant
    Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

bennn
    1st Gear

Post by bennn » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:36 pm

You'll create far more carbon buying a new electric car than you will continuing to run your old RS4s.

Daz_C
    1st Gear

Post by Daz_C » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:37 pm

@Ollys if your that concerned about climate change and the effect you/your 4.2 V8 is having on the environment why are you selling it? Why aren't you breaking it or getting it crushed? That way you really are doing your bit and not just passing it on to someone else to pollute the atmosphere.! 😳
    Nice looking car though 👍
    Sprint Blue Rs4 (B7) is now my weekend toy :-)
    Tweeked 16v 205gti is my DRT(dedicated Ring Toy) and always will be ! Awesome track toy.

Rs4.
    3rd Gear

Post by Rs4. » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:17 am

Daz_C wrote:
    Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:37 pm
    @Ollys if your that concerned about climate change and the effect you/your 4.2 V8 is having on the environment why are you selling it? Why aren't you breaking it or getting it crushed? That way you really are doing your bit and not just passing it on to someone else to pollute the atmosphere.! 😳
    Agreed needs to be broken or crushed can not let this car back on the road to pollute !
    Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc tuned

ollys
    4th Gear

Post by ollys » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Daz_C wrote:
    Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:37 pm
    Cheers mate. It’s a good point scrapping the car. If I could afford it then maybe I would, but three children means I need the money. Our 2.0 TFSI A6 just got smashed into by a police car- he ran a red light, and although the police were willing to pay the 11k to have it fixed I took the money offered for its value instead. I am trying to persuade my wife that we don’t need to replace it at all, but she’s adamant we need a car. No resolution yet on that one!

As I said above not running a second car (or any car at all if I get my way) is my choice. Other people may choose to. All I know is that unless there is a massive shift in attitude from ordinary people, nothing will change. In theory Brexit is proof of that- people led change. You can’t realistically expect the politicians to do it in the face of corporate power (although they should) and you can’t expect the corporations to do it unless their bottom line is affected. That will only happen if the consumers revolt en masse. This will take an enormous shift in public consciousness which will only happen if people start changing their behaviour. Some may do it now, but in all likelihood there won’t be a massive shift until climate change has caused suffering on a massive scale. The fear is that by then it will be too late to do anything meaningful. Now, however, there is still a chance to mitigate the warming that has already happened. I know my children’s futures will be blighted in ways we cannot imagine by climate change, the only question left is to what degree.

I have resolved to try to do my bit, and not having a car at all is part of that (and I am a massive petrolhead). It moght be futile, but change only happens if people want it

Olly

ollys
    4th Gear

Post by ollys » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Greg3227 wrote:
    Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:10 pm
    Climate change has certainly made an effect on me.... it reinforced my decision to buy a V10 now why I still can, because before long they’ll be none left! Same reasoning but totally different outcome I guess. My 3 and 5 year olds absolutely love it, and I can see that, right when I look them in the eye!
    Anyway, GLWS, it looks like a decent motor and anyone seriously looking for one will snap it up, I’m sure 👍🏼
    Thanks! LOL been there done that. Had a C6 RS6 for 18 months. Nice car and fast, if a bit boring in the corners. By golly could that thing guzzle the fossil fuel once MRCd at 192 mph at Bruntingthorpe 😉

Cupraderv
    1st Gear

Post by Cupraderv » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Pm replied mate

Return to “Cars”