FOR SALE - 2003 Audi B6 S4 Avant

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
Nognar
Neutral

FOR SALE - 2003 Audi B6 S4 Avant

Post by Nognar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 pm

2003 Audi B6 S4 4.2 V8 Quattro Avant Manual

Forgive me for my first post being an advert, I have spent many years reading RS246 for its wisdom its just this evening life has dealt me a bad hand and hence the advert.

Please read on.

This has been an excellent car in the short time I have owned it, the car has had a fresh MOT and two new tyres today.
Though this evening the car has just started to show a problem with the engine, hence the advert that I am writing tonight with a heavy heart.

Timing Chain

As you all will probably know the good old B6 and B7 S4 has a timing chain on the engine instead of a cambelt and when I was looking for an Audi S4 I spent a long time looking for a good example which had been well serviced. The chain was quiet and drove perfectly with no problems.

Then this evening on start-up there was a metallic noise from the back of the engine, the car drives with no fault codes and the engine runs but there is now a noise from the engine as it ticks over. I suspect this may be a failed plastic chain guide hence the advert.

I want to be 100% clear this has been an excellent car, brand new MOT today but there is a problem with the engine that will need to be looked at. It's just one of those things, it drove to the MOT and back without fault, perfect and quiet.

Then this evening the noise just started hence I have made the decision to sell.

To confirm, the car drives, the engine revs freely and the chain has not snapped it has just started to become noisy.

I can supply a video of the engine running and the metallic noise to any potential buyer who wants it.

Why sell, well I have a D2 S8 and an A2 and just took the view its time to move it on.

The Important Stuff and standard stuff that all adverts should have:

• Brand New MOT Expires 17th April 2019
• V5 in my name
• 100% standard
• 118,000 Miles
• Full service history complete with stamped Service book
• HPI report
• Two Keys
• One large and full folder of all old bills, receipts and MOTs
• Audi owners folder with service history, handbooks and complete book pack
• All electrics working perfectly
• All tyres still have plenty of tread on them (2x Brand new Avon ZZV5 tyres on the front)

Specification:

• Metallic Dolpin Grey
• Full black leather Recaro interior
• Bose Sound System
• RNS D Audi Sat Nav
• Manual 6 speed gearbox
• Electric mirrors
• Electric Windows
• Electric Seats
• Full climate control
• Airbags
• Two original keys
• PAS
• Central remote locking
• Audi Alarm system

Since owning the car I have had the following work completed in it in the last month to bring it up to standard:

• Oil Service (5w40 VAG 505 Specification Quantum Platinum)
• New Spark plugs
• New Air Filter
• New Front Tyres (Avon ZZV5)
• New warning triangle clip
• New headlight bulbs
• New Windscreen wipers
• New Brake Hoses on the front
• Brake Fluid Service
• New Gas boot struts
• New Carpet Mat set
• New Number Plates
• New Mass Air Flow Meter

The front wings are showing some small bubbles of rust so I have also two brand new wings professionally painted in the correct colour (Dolphin Grey LX7Z). They are boxed and ready to go onto the car.

As for price I do not really know, if it was all Ok I would look for £5000 but in this condition I would welcome your thoughts and feedback.
S4 #1.jpg
S4 #4.jpg
S4 #6.jpg
S4 #7.jpg

Return to “Cars”