RS6 C6 Avant for sale - Sold

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
skirs6
5th Gear

Re: RS6 C6 Avant for sale - reduced

Post by skirs6 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Andy that does look nice. Probably not the best idea two of us selling very similar cars only 15 miles apart. I have to say forums are not my favourite place to sell cars. I prefer PH's just seems to be a much bigger market as long as you can put up with the normal D heads !!!!
I took mine to a local trader today it books trade at just shy of £22k with retail at £26.5k which is pretty much the same as yours I would think.
I probably very much like you. I want to sell but I'm not going to give it away.

andy
4th Gear

Post by andy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Sorry mate, been away with work so not been checking in here as often.

Hmm, I hoped to sell this on via the forum so it would stay within the community but that's not looking very likely now with the way this is going. I don't suppose the two of us being so close will do any harm, in fact it might help if someone wants to come and see both, who knows.

Interesting offer from the dealer. Was that an outright purchase without a trade-in against another car? About the same as I have had from WBAC.com so seems about right.

Prices seem a bit odd at the moment as cars with big mileage are being advertised at almost the same price as cars in the same range as our. Auto trader have quite a lot all of a sudden so think I will avoid that and just try PH next as there doesn't seem to be any buyers on here!

Again, like you I've made my mind up now but don't want to give it away.
C6 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue - sold :(
Mini Challenge 210 Edition - sold
BMW M2 LCi

ollys
4th Gear

Post by ollys » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Just read back my for sale thread.
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=101090

I had forgotten all the heartache, broken MTM diffusers and keygate...

Good luck with your sale andy!

andy
4th Gear

Post by andy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Cheers Olly :thumbs: Gosh I had forgotten your sale thread but being reminded that these cars have been hard to shift for a while now certainly helps. You certainly had more than your fair share of bad luck whilst trying to sell!! I hoping the fact that mine is sitting tucked up in a garage just waiting for a buyer will help keep it in pristine condition. Such a crying shame though, it desires to be driven :(
BMW M2 LCi

ollys
4th Gear

Post by ollys » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:28 pm

Cheers Andy,

Yours does look like a nice example and if were in the market I would be viewing. The really desirable option on your car in my view is the twin pane glass. I always found road noise on english roads to be quite bad for such a premium car, and I think the twin pane glass sorts that out (I even costed up retrofitting it at one stage!)...

Good luck!

andy
4th Gear

Post by andy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Cheers Olly, appreciate that :thumbs: The car is in great condition right now and the paint detailing has really set it off so it's such a shame for it to be just sitting in the garage :(

You're right about the twin pane glass, it is an rare option to find and really works well. Keeps the noise in the cabin down, keeps the temp down and also adds a little security as the side windows are not easy to break!

Also has the rare performance pack which gives it the carbon engine covers. Crazy money for what it was from new but nice to have 8)
BMW M2 LCi

andy
4th Gear

Re: RS6 C6 Avant for sale - reduced, again

Post by andy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:38 pm

Price reduced again! Someone buy this and save me from doing the unthinkable and punting this out into the trade :bash:
BMW M2 LCi

Jamie B
Neutral

Post by Jamie B » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:49 am

Gutted for you Andy. Your car is a lovely example sir!

I'm genuinely looking but I have a 2005 C5 RS6 (Same colour) that I am part exchanging. My heart is set on the C6 and I have been scouring the web with intent. I'm in contact with a couple of dealers for the trade in. Cant wait on a private sale, they are too slow to move. Been offered 8K from said dealers trading in and Ive 15k in the pokey so far.

Best of Luck Andy! Yours is by far the the best RS6 for the price range on the internet, IMO!

andy
4th Gear

Post by andy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Many thanks Jamie, much appreciated :thumb:

I am genuinely surprised by the total lack of interest in this car and it is now turning me away from the brand altogether :audibash:

Looks like I'll be punting it to the trade at the weekend and then someone will be paying a lot more for it, madness :roll:
BMW M2 LCi

rs user
4th Gear

Post by rs user » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:53 pm

its not the car,nor the make-just a sign of the times-and all folk wanting top notch cars for wbac money-i have a 2012 golf tdi for sale at the moment-under 7k
only thing i get is silly offers without even seeing the car-and that is a wee affordable cheapie compared to yours
if you can i would keep it rather than give it away-stunning car,glws :beerchug:

andy
4th Gear

Post by andy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:02 pm

Yeah you're probably right, the private market seems to just promote low ball offers. I don't mind negotiating and I had originally priced with that in mind but the only offers I've had have been under the wbac mark which I think is a bit crazy.
BMW M2 LCi

vestax32
4th Gear

Post by vestax32 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:27 pm

Old expensive performance cars are what they are.....old expensive to run cars. Most people who can afford to run cars like this will want new (latest shape), so you should expect low offers! Having said that, the V10 C6 will always be a classic...
Current;
18 Daytona Grey RS4
16 Green R8

Past;
17 Misano RS6 PE
66 Sapphire BMW F80 M3.
16 Floret Silver RS6 Performance
18 Mythos Black RS4
14 Daytona Grey RS6
13 Daytona Gey RS6 (Don't ask!)
08 Monza Silver RS6 Avant
07 Phantom Black RS4 Avant
Loads of BM's inc. 4 x M's

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:06 am

A bit like AXALP last year mate, just not working out for you. I hope someone does step up, as it's a lovely car :thumbs:
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

rtd
Cruising

Post by rtd » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:10 am

vestax32 wrote:Old expensive performance cars are what they are.....old expensive to run cars. Most people who can afford to run cars like this will want new (latest shape), so you should expect low offers! Having said that, the V10 C6 will always be a classic...
not everyone wants a latest shape!
Volvo XC90
C7 - RS6
C6 - RS6
B5 - RS4

Capt Ric
3rd Gear

Post by Capt Ric » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Andy,
Looks like a really nice car.
C6 don't seem to have depreciated as much as similar age C5 did, and that perhaps is the problem.
I bought my C5, 5 years ago for £16k (which was top end at the time), if I was in the market for a nice C6 like yours, I think around £20K would be enough to pay.
But personally I'm more inclined to wait a bit longer until the C7 become more affordable and suspect others may be too.
Do try to keep it or wait for someone (on here) who will appreciate it if you do decide to sell it cheap.

Return to “Cars”