RS6 C6 Avant for sale - Sold

Cars For Sale / Wanted Only
Greg3227
2nd Gear

Re: RS6 C6 Avant for sale - Sold

Post by Greg3227 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:20 pm

7 omm wrote:i would of bought that... :( not to worry.
Of course you would!
:bash:

andy
4th Gear

Post by andy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Funny how people say they would buy the car when I've been advertising it for ages, even been talking about selling it for the past year!

Tooltle looked like a really interesting option, shame I didn't know about that one as I would of liked to try it.

Yeah the guy was fairly unconcerned when going through the process, just a procedure to him and he had no idea what he was dealing with. This actually was the real shame as I wasn't dealing with someone who was genuinely interested in the car for what it was, an RS! Oh well, saying all that they still gave me more money then the private buyers but it's a shame this will end up on a forecourt for a lot more money.

Trying to not think about the money and effort I sunk into this car to make sure it was perfect for the next owner :bash:

Cheers for your kind words Sam, much appreciated mate. Shame your not going this year but it looks like you have some pretty good alternatives there instead. I hadn't heard about that crash! Damn, always impressed with how they normally get in and out of this place. Great vid btw and that last manoeuvre was awesome :shock:
C6 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue - sold :(
Mini Challenge 210 Edition - sold
BMW M2 LCi

Waverick
Neutral

Post by Waverick » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Andy, if you're still on here, I'm the lucky guy who bought your car at the end of September 2016.. I paid £26k to a dealer so looks like we both got a bad deal!! Shame I wasn't on here when you were selling it as we could both have been better off! Anyway, it's my pride and joy and I've kept it fully Main dealer maintained.. I did have to replace the discs and pads almost immediately after I bought it as they warped slightly. I've attached a couple of photos of the old beast as she looks now in case you're interested
Attachments
RS6 CAIN 10 (6).JPG

andy
4th Gear

Post by andy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Wow, that’s great to see. Not a surprise on the deal to be honest, money has to be made by all the middle men. Hopefully you felt like you were getting a good deal at the time, that’s all that matters mate.

Really surprised to hear about the discs and pads though as these were brand new at time of sale! Supplied and fitted by an Audi dealer. Shame this didn’t come together sooner as probably a claim to had in there.

Thanks for sharing and I’m so glad to see its gone to a good home.
C6 RS6 Avant in Mugello Blue - sold :(
Mini Challenge 210 Edition - sold
BMW M2 LCi

Waverick
Neutral

Post by Waverick » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm

I was fine with the price as the car had obviously been loved and cared for, still would have been nice to get it a little cheaper and for you to have got a couple more grand for it too!

I was surprised about the brakes too as I never got them even damp when they were hot, Audi said as consumables they couldn't be covered by warranty as I did try that so I was relieved of a further £1280.00..🙄

Not a cheap toy but worth every penny!! 😁

Azmontana
Neutral

Post by Azmontana » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Just my two cents but without the common issues rectified this is priced really on the high end. I’d imagine if those jobs were done you’d be able to shift it. But being a forum we all know what to look out for so an enthusiast at that price likely won’t be interested.

Fatneck73
4th Gear

Post by Fatneck73 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Waverick..may i ask, whats the mileage now? TIA.

Return to “Cars”