TTRS+ 360bhp

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 335 bhp
2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 355 bhp (Plus)
Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Re: TTRS+ 360bhp

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Nudenut wrote:Absolute tosh I'm afraid and I can prove it from many occasions I had warranty work done, even discussed it with an assessor!

And makes no difference if you re-set the counter they still see it, crikey I even got told who when and what had been done to my C6 without issue.

Have even had my car plugged up direct to Auidi Technical at MK to re-code brakes with tech playing all sorts of games with lights/locks etc (bit like the clip of a tune being played by a F1 cars engine) and discussed my GB mapping - without issue.
which is great if you know people

but i have to fight and shout and spit and rage just to get them to do honest warranty work
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:22 pm

then you need to change your dealer

Nudenut
4th Gear

Post by Nudenut » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:26 pm

^^ yep you need a dealer who actually want's to make money?

Cripes.. I even sold my car back to Audi and watched them plug her up and check over :-)
R8 V10 Coupe, R-Tronic - Ibis White & All the Carbon + Ceramics + Heffner Performance Twin Turbo.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Dave_Hedgehog wrote:but i have to fight and shout and spit and rage just to get them to do honest warranty work
Then you need anger management classes. Someone on this forum has already offered to buy me some, I'll pass them on to you... at cost.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:54 pm

aka_dk wrote:then you need to change your dealer
tried 3 with the VW none of them interested all spout the same company line
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

P_G
Cruising

Post by P_G » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 pm

If the remap has the same 12 digit machine code at the end of it as the OEM map and a back click function rather than a reset function then very few dealers will see the difference nor will it show up on the report sent to Audi GmbH.

They would have to physically look at all the tables to see what had been changed. And if you are that worried get up put on an SPS box.

Like dk said, there are plenty of dealers out there that are mod friendly, you just appear to be unfortunate not to have found one. But in all seriousness do you honestly believe you'll feel an extra 20bhp and 15ft lbs and unless you are going to Europee I doubt you'll ind a track or road with a stretch long enough to test its raised limiter. The remaps alter throttle agression as well so there is a demonstrable difference which I don't thik you'll get with the plus. The extra power may compensate the weight of that extra large spolier and the drag it creates.... :bigblink:

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:18 pm

P_G wrote:If the remap has the same 12 digit machine code at the end of it as the OEM map and a back click function rather than a reset function then very few dealers will see the difference nor will it show up on the report sent to Audi GmbH.

They would have to physically look at all the tables to see what had been changed. And if you are that worried get up put on an SPS box.

Like dk said, there are plenty of dealers out there that are mod friendly, you just appear to be unfortunate not to have found one. But in all seriousness do you honestly believe you'll feel an extra 20bhp and 15ft lbs and unless you are going to Europee I doubt you'll ind a track or road with a stretch long enough to test its raised limiter. The remaps alter throttle agression as well so there is a demonstrable difference which I don't thik you'll get with the plus. The extra power may compensate the weight of that extra large spolier and the drag it creates.... :bigblink:
i got a 3 :p

ok so where is the best place to get a 12 digit ecu remap in the SE?

P_G
Cruising

Post by P_G » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 pm

You misunderstood slightly, the machine code has to be similar at the end for the last twelve digits as that what Audi VCS reads; it is only part of the program.

I would gather MRC would do it, REVO do and probably DMS all including the ECU access program backclick counter function.

I knew you had a 3 Dave, just that we were on the TT-RS+ but the same applies to your car.

SteveCuz
4th Gear

Post by SteveCuz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:39 am

The rs3 plus is on show in geneva too but don't know if it's more than just the extra 20bhp.

Hope there no new styling tbh, but don't mind if it's the alloys ;-)

Steve
2011 Audi RS3 Daytona Grey | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant Ebony Black

Return to “TTRS / TTRS Plus (Mk2 Typ 8J) 2006–2014”