TTRS+ 360bhp

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 335 bhp
2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 355 bhp (Plus)
Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

TTRS+ 360bhp

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:50 am

The TTs getting + status and a power boost

(and my superb black and red rims :biggrin3: )

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=25172

do you think this map could be put on the RS3?
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

P_G
Cruising

Re: TTRS+ 360bhp

Post by P_G » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 am

So for an extra £5k you get 20bhp and 15ft.lbs. more plus a raised top speed to 174mph, those wheels, a larger that the already excessive rear wing, carbon fibre effect wing mirrors and a plaque inside to say that you were stupid enough to pay £5k more for all those <beep> upgrades?

Save your money and get remap plus a s/s catback exhaust and your car will be way faster as proven by many on this forum and if need be get your wing mirrors layered or wrapped in CF and have the extra few £k in your pocket. Leave the wheels out as they have always looked pants with the painted inserts.

What a pointless exercise and indicative of Audi milking money from the RS brand. I'm tempted to go to the Audi stand in Geneva just to vent my spleen at how <beep> their new RS cars are for existing RS owners looking to change. I suppose the only plus point is that some TT-RS owners will want to trade up their current TTRS's and make them even cheaper to procure standard versions. These 'Plus' drivers are going to be seriously pee'd when a remapped standard TT-RS wafts by under acceleration.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:02 pm

P_G wrote:So for an extra £5k you get 20bhp and 15ft.lbs. more plus a raised top speed to 174mph, those wheels, a larger that the already excessive rear wing, carbon fibre effect wing mirrors and a plaque inside to say that you were stupid enough to pay £5k more for all those <beep> upgrades?

Save your money and get remap plus a s/s catback exhaust and your car will be way faster as proven by many on this forum and if need be get your wing mirrors layered or wrapped in CF and have the extra few £k in your pocket. Leave the wheels out as they have always looked pants with the painted inserts.

What a pointless exercise and indicative of Audi milking money from the RS brand. I'm tempted to go to the Audi stand in Geneva just to vent my spleen at how <beep> their new RS cars are for existing RS owners looking to change. I suppose the only plus point is that some TT-RS owners will want to trade up their current TTRS's and make them even cheaper to procure standard versions. These 'Plus' drivers are going to be seriously pee'd when a remapped standard TT-RS wafts by under acceleration.
warranty is intact thou, and for some thats enough

and a bigger wing is always better ;)

should be more desirable in a few years for resale as well

but yep audi know how to milk there brand, as does bmw
The Hedgehog, creator of RS4.org, back in of the RS fold yet again, third time lucky :)

andre3k
5th Gear

Post by andre3k » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:29 am

Hate the wheels with a passion
Gone: Audi RS4 Avant, Alpina XD3, Smart Brabus, McLaren 12C,

Cap_Scarlet
Neutral

Post by Cap_Scarlet » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:47 am

P_G wrote:So for an extra £5k you get 20bhp and 15ft.lbs. more plus a raised top speed to 174mph, those wheels, a larger that the already excessive rear wing, carbon fibre effect wing mirrors and a plaque inside to say that you were stupid enough to pay £5k more for all those <beep> upgrades?

I think you need to compare spec-for-spec more closely.

In Germany the Plus is €4,100 more than the standard car. But the RS Plus gets cost free 19" wheels (in place of those awful red-tipped items) which are a €1,500 option on the standard car, it alo gets the sports exhaust (€1,000 option) and raised speed limit (€1,600 option). All pretty much essential option in my view. So all-in-all the plus get the extra power for nothing.

carsarecool
4th Gear

Post by carsarecool » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Will you really notice the extra 20bhp?

I heard APR have a good map out now for the TTRS......I guess that could go on the RS3??

P_G
Cruising

Post by P_G » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Cap_Scarlet wrote:

In Germany the Plus is €4,100 more than the standard car. But the RS Plus gets cost free 19" wheels (in place of those awful red-tipped items) which are a €1,500 option on the standard car, it alo gets the sports exhaust (€1,000 option) and raised speed limit (€1,600 option). All pretty much essential option in my view. So all-in-all the plus get the extra power for nothing.
Still more than an aftermarket s/s exhaust and remap would cost and they give more power, equal or better sound plus a delimit and the only bit of addiitonal kit the Plus supposedly gives that I would want is the carbon mirror housings. The price I suggested is based on what was in the press so may or may not be accurate. There is no direct correlation between the prices charged in Germany and those that are charged in the UK; a quick trip round Neckarsulm Forum on the prices of cars in the showroom there demonstrates that.

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 am

P_G wrote:
Cap_Scarlet wrote:

Still more than an aftermarket s/s exhaust and remap would cost and they give more power, equal or better sound plus a delimit and the only bit of addiitonal kit the Plus supposedly gives that I would want is the carbon mirror housings. The price I suggested is based on what was in the press so may or may not be accurate. There is no direct correlation between the prices charged in Germany and those that are charged in the UK; a quick trip round Neckarsulm Forum on the prices of cars in the showroom there demonstrates that.
but you loose your warranty, but keep it with the +

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:05 am

you dont loose any warranty ... what a myth

audi "should" honour a warranty unless they can prove that the mods directly contributed to the failure

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am

aka_dk wrote:you dont loose any warranty ... what a myth

audi "should" honour a warranty unless they can prove that the mods directly contributed to the failure
so you lunch the engine, they say it was the mod, how do you prove otherwise?

Nudenut
4th Gear

Post by Nudenut » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am

Stage 3 tuned S3 in my dealers last month had destroyed a S-Tronic box from downshifting at a very bad time.... Audi replaced it without issue as shouldn't happen either way.
R8 V10 Coupe, R-Tronic - Ibis White & All the Carbon + Ceramics + Heffner Performance Twin Turbo.

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Dave_Hedgehog wrote:

you didnt read my post Sonic

the onus is on THEM to prove it

Dave_Hedgehog
5th Gear

Post by Dave_Hedgehog » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:41 pm

aka_dk wrote:
Dave_Hedgehog wrote:

i know what the law says ,but i also know what arse's dealers are, the problems we had with the bendy rims on the RS4 and how long and how much work that took, the crap im getting at the moment over our polo GTi that's burnt 6ltrs of oil in 6500 miles "that's normal, not interested, take it up with VW"

the dealers will do nothing, apart from pull the ecu to prove its been modded, tell me to fook off and then you will have fight with them

its all time money and hassle...

Golfather
Cruising

Post by Golfather » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:51 pm

aka_dk wrote:
Dave_Hedgehog wrote:

Thats easy.
If the ECU flash counter has been incremented, and there is no record that a dealer has done it, they will VOID the warranty.
Audi UK are very hot on ALL RS models and this is the first check they do before doing any warranty work.
And each time the car comes into the dealer, a detailed log is sent back to Audi by default detailing the ECU values.

Ofcourse, you could always go for a remap that resets the counter back to zero ;)

Nudenut
4th Gear

Post by Nudenut » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Absolute tosh I'm afraid and I can prove it from many occasions I had warranty work done, even discussed it with an assessor!

And makes no difference if you re-set the counter they still see it, crikey I even got told who when and what had been done to my C6 without issue.

Have even had my car plugged up direct to Auidi Technical at MK to re-code brakes with tech playing all sorts of games with lights/locks etc (bit like the clip of a tune being played by a F1 cars engine) and discussed my GB mapping - without issue.
R8 V10 Coupe, R-Tronic - Ibis White & All the Carbon + Ceramics + Heffner Performance Twin Turbo.

Return to “TTRS / TTRS Plus (Mk2 Typ 8J) 2006–2014”