Picking up the RS (Video content)

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 335 bhp
2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 355 bhp (Plus)
psg001
3rd Gear

Re: Picking up the RS (Video content)

Post by psg001 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:37 pm

bam_bam wrote:
dele wrote:p.s. coming from an R32, i'll tell you there is replacement for displacement - a turbo ;)
There is no replacement for displacement, 'tis a simple rule and it works like this; I have a 4.2L and you have a 2.5L... with a turbo on it. But I can always put a turbo on, too. Just like the next guy with a 6.2L can bolt some snails on.

You can always hold a tooth-pick on the end of your knob to make it look longer, but, if you're starting with a 4 incher, it's still not very impressive, ergo, there is no replacement for displacement. Even the girls know this rule and they love it.

Welcome to the forum.

Oh and FON.

Am sure there is a place that can help you mate, don't give up!
Daytona Grey TT RS coupe - Stage 1 400bhp+ :D

Misano Red B7 RS4 Saloon (black optics) Milltek Non-Resonated Valved Exhaust SOLD

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Why do I require 'help', sorry, I just don't get it, but you know what 'they' say, if you have to explain your joke, you ain't funny.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Boggle73
4th Gear

Post by Boggle73 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Nice video. Congrats on your new purchase.

Is that the one from derby Audi?
Past - B7 RS4 Cabriolet - Silver - Resonated Valved Milltek
Past - TTRS - Suzuka Grey
Past - RS4 Cabriolet - Phantom Black

( I know what your all thinking, but I'm not )

carsarecool
4th Gear

Post by carsarecool » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:51 pm

bam_bam wrote:Why do I require 'help',
Does it really need to be explained? (see, I used a question mark after a question....genius)

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 pm

carsarecool wrote:Does it really need to be explained?
Yes, it does, ergo, it ain't funny. We'll done, you're now more cryptic than Amanda but you're still half the bloke she is.

psg001
3rd Gear

Post by psg001 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:15 pm

IQ's must be dropping :shock:
Daytona Grey TT RS coupe - Stage 1 400bhp+ :D

Misano Red B7 RS4 Saloon (black optics) Milltek Non-Resonated Valved Exhaust SOLD

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:44 pm

psg001 wrote:IQ's must be dropping :shock:
*IQs

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, like, if "carsarecool" left RS246 and joined another forum, the IQ of both forums would increase...

klauster
Top Gear

Post by klauster » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:49 am

Great vid and lovely looking TTRS there, welcome :)
RS3 8P 2013 Phantom Black with Ally Pack and Black Optics Grille | LED Interior and number plate lights - GONE :(
RS4 B7 2006 Phantom Black with Titan alloys and mirrors - GONE :(

dele
Neutral

Post by dele » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:54 am

sync24 wrote:Very cool vid fella - welcome and have a mandatory FON!
Haha, thanks :biggrin3:

Noyjatat wrote:Well this is the place for mod advice buddy, lots of guys on here take those extra steps and there is a wealth of experience and knowledge among the guys, as well as a number of companies for your modding needs. :D
Sounds great for the car, not great for my wallet :shock:
:mrgreen:
Rick_RS4 wrote:cool vid welcome
Thanks bud, glad you liked :nodder:
bam_bam wrote:
dele wrote:p.s. coming from an R32, i'll tell you there is replacement for displacement - a turbo ;)
There is no replacement for displacement, 'tis a simple rule and it works like this; I have a 4.2L and you have a 2.5L... with a turbo on it. But I can always put a turbo on, too. Just like the next guy with a 6.2L can bolt some snails on.

You can always hold a tooth-pick on the end of your knob to make it look longer, but, if you're starting with a 4 incher, it's still not very impressive, ergo, there is no replacement for displacement. Even the girls know this rule and they love it.

Welcome to the forum.

Oh and FON.
True :) I could have put a turbo on my old 3.2 - but it would have cost a bomb and a lot of work to make an engine desgned for N/A take a turbo and run without complications, so maybe i'll rephrase - there is replacement for displacement - a turbo - unless you've got a big NA already and the pockets to convert it sucessfully and a daily driver to run for the 8 months a year the turbo'd lump is off the road :p

P.s. i'll have to try the toothpick thing with the wife. Luckily I can use my tweezers for the forseeable splinters as well? :mrgreen:
AdrianD wrote:WOW, fantastic video.. love the editing :)
Thank you very much :beerchug: still some bits that aren't quite right but i didn't want to spend too much time on it :doh: next time lol
Amar wrote:Welcome, you’ve managed to capture all the excitement when it comes to picking up a new car precisely. Cool video, enjoy the TTRS.

Thank you, it's only when you share your own experience you realise how similar they are to everyone elses - we're not so different after all <3
carsarecool wrote:
dele, nice vid......FCP?
Thanks dude, nope Premiere Pro
Ian_C wrote:Very slick vid!

Danke! :beerchug:
brn7y wrote:FON great vid
FO Right back and thanks :p
-Boosted- wrote:Sweet video....looks like something Audi should come up with for their advertising campaign. :thumbs:
Thanks - would be nice if that happened eh? We can all dream :mrgreen:
psg001 wrote:Awesome video!
Thanks! :bigwave:
Boggle73 wrote:Nice video. Congrats on your new purchase.

Thank you - yes it's that very one :) Hopefully you don't have a nasty surprise for me?! :shock:
klauster wrote:Great vid and lovely looking TTRS there, welcome :)
Danke! :thumbs:

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:19 am

Hmmm, "FI can supplement inadequate displacement" should've been your warcry. I think you've missed the point, again, not that it matters. It's a very simple rule, meaning it doesn't account for 'what ifs', 'daily drivers' or 'NA versus FI engine design'. But using your pedantic logic, consider this; we both have the same block, you keep yours stock and I bore mine out... we both bolt on a lot of the same bits... can you see where I'm going (for the second time)? There is no replacement for displacement, it's a very, very old rule, it was tempered on the drag strip, you cannot get around it.

Welcome and ignore me, I'm just being obtuse. Nice vid.

dele
Neutral

Post by dele » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:24 pm

No worries, it's only cars - i try not to take it too seriously :) As long as well all get a smile out of ours it's all good :)

and Thanks ;)

Boggle73
4th Gear

Post by Boggle73 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Boggle73 wrote:
Nice video. Congrats on your new purchase.

Hi, no nasty surprises. I went to look at that one but really wanted manual. I love the Suzuka Grey, so pleased I picked that over Daytona. Don't know where you are in the country, JBS autos have a good stage 1 map and secondary cat delete. Price is competitive and its brings about 430 BHP. They are in chesterfield, did some good work on my RS4.

Jay.
Past - B7 RS4 Cabriolet - Silver - Resonated Valved Milltek
Past - TTRS - Suzuka Grey
Past - RS4 Cabriolet - Phantom Black

( I know what your all thinking, but I'm not )

dele
Neutral

Post by dele » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:18 pm

How funny, I actually preferred the Daytona Grey Derby had! Unfortunately 46k miles on it was a bit much for me for a 2 year old car. Settled for the Suzuka (which seems to be 'white' most of the time :p), but I'm learning to love it. Really throws off my wheel colour/choices though..normally prefer darker cars. Had a black and an Indigo blue before..

Anyhoo, remap is definitely on the cards, think I should learn how to rein the stock power first :o :D
Might have to sort out the height and wheel choice also..

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:25 pm

And so it begins :D

Return to “TTRS / TTRS Plus (Mk2 Typ 8J) 2006–2014”