Calling all you remap runners

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 335 bhp
2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 355 bhp (Plus)
klauster
Top Gear

Calling all you remap runners

Post by klauster » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Just wondering who on here is running remaps, if so who did you go with, have you had issues and would you recommend getting one?

Thanks in advance
RS3 8P 2013 Phantom Black with Ally Pack and Black Optics Grille | LED Interior and number plate lights - GONE :(
RS4 B7 2006 Phantom Black with Titan alloys and mirrors - GONE :(

esp_mm-270
4th Gear

Re: Calling all you remap runners

Post by esp_mm-270 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:18 pm

MRC did mine by the previous owner. 430 bhp and 330 lb/ft. That's a map and gutted pre cats when I rang them. They did a de-limit too. Mine also won't rev above 5,750 until the oil temp comes on although they say they didn't do that?
ImageImage

esp_mm-270
4th Gear

Post by esp_mm-270 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Soz, wrong car. I didn't notice coz am on my phone. I would still recommend MRC though :)
ImageImage

TootRS
Neutral

Post by TootRS » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:14 pm

I have a MRC mapped TT RS+ S Tronic, dyno'ed at 425PS/650Nm with all stock hardware, exhaust decatted. Car is transformed, power and torque increase are epic. The only issue im having relates to the gearbox, low speed changes have become intermittently jerky, but the guys at MRC are working on solving this. Mine is a 2013 model so some teething problems to be expected I suppose.
TT RS+

klauster
Top Gear

Post by klauster » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:27 pm

TootRS wrote:I have a MRC mapped TT RS+ S Tronic, dyno'ed at 425PS/650Nm with all stock hardware, exhaust decatted. Car is transformed, power and torque increase are epic. The only issue im having relates to the gearbox, low speed changes have become intermittently jerky, but the guys at MRC are working on solving this. Mine is a 2013 model so some teething problems to be expected I suppose.
that is great to hear :)
RS3 8P 2013 Phantom Black with Ally Pack and Black Optics Grille | LED Interior and number plate lights - GONE :(
RS4 B7 2006 Phantom Black with Titan alloys and mirrors - GONE :(

sevy
3rd Gear

Post by sevy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:57 pm

klauster wrote:Just wondering who on here is running remaps, if so who did you go with, have you had issues and would you recommend getting one?

Thanks in advance
My car is not remapped (yet!) so I can't comment from experience. However, over on the TT forum there seem to be 3 tuners favoured for tuning the TTRS / RS3 engine - MRC, REVO and APR.

Am sure you already know a lot about MRC from the above posts and their reputation on this forum. REVO have been around for years but seem to suffer from comments about poor aftersales service...possibly because they have so many 'agents'/outlets and maybe not all adhere to the same standards. In any case, I don't think I've seen any mention of REVO offering a remap for s-tronic TTRS's, which would take them out of the equation for you (I think I'm right in saying all RS3's are s-tronic?).

APR have come fairly recently to the tuning market for the TTRS, although I believe they've been around for a long time tuning other cars and are massive in the US. On paper their remap produces the biggest gains, and I know of a couple of guys on the TT forum who have had their s-tronic TTRS's remapped by APR and they seem very happy with them. Might be too soon to know enough about long term reliability though perhaps...

I think MRC were the first tuner to provide a remap for the s-tronic TTRS, and so have the longest 'history' of remapping these cars. I've not heard of any significant reliability problems with the MRC maps for manual or s-tronic, so when it's time for me to take the plunge that's probably who I'll go with. But they are local to me which helps...

As MRC would be quite a trek for you from Yorkshire, you might prefer a tuner a bit closer to home just in case there are any issues. In which case, one of the main APR agents in the north of England is Awewsome GTI in Manchester, who seem to have a good reputation with the TT crowd.

Hope that helps... :)
2009 Sepang Blue TTRS Coupe
2006 Sprint Blue RS4 Saloon (B7) - Sold but not forgotten
2006 BMW 130i M Sport - Sold
1999 Imola Yellow S3 (Revo Stage 1 265 bhp) - Sold

esp_mm-270
4th Gear

Post by esp_mm-270 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Also I haven't seen them do later cars like yours but they work wonders with the 1.8 5v engine.......

http://www.r-techpower.co.uk

Had them do my old golf, amazing transformation.
ImageImage

Ricky.REP
1st Gear

Post by Ricky.REP » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:29 pm

APR have the most powerful TTRS in the UK running a Race Developments engine.....

As said above, best 3 in UK are APR, ReVo and MRC....

Who is most local to you?

APA_telford
Neutral

Post by APA_telford » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Another one for your consideration would be Shark Performance. Making great waves in VAG tuning, great customer/aftersales service. They took over the tuning in the last season of the Milltek VW racing cup from APR!

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:10 pm

MRC
:thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Return to “TTRS / TTRS Plus (Mk2 Typ 8J) 2006–2014”