A happy new TTRS owner

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 335 bhp
2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 355 bhp (Plus)
Graze
1st Gear

Re: A happy new TTRS owner

Post by Graze » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:30 am

Sevy, really like the car, congrats, hope it's as good as it looks. I'll be interested to hear how you like it / rate it compared to the RS4 after a couple of months. I was looking at a TTRS as our second car for everyday but ultimately bought a B5 RS4 for that role and love it's practicality. Enjoy your classy ride mate. Graze
Current
V12 Vantage S
Sold
2007 B7 RS4, Ibis white, 8mm spacers, carbon chin spoiler
2001 B5 RS4, Metallic Black, Neuspeed rear ARB, 275/30/19's + 10mm spacers on B7 RS4 wheels! 034 motor mounts, APR snub mount, JHM shortshifter, 18Z calipers & slotted rotors, custom FBSW

carsarecool
4th Gear

Post by carsarecool » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:28 pm

bam_bam wrote:Another word for happy is gay.
:jump_clap: LOL, you'd know. :jump_clap:

Sevy, enjoy the car...nice colour combo. Ignore the retards.

sevy
3rd Gear

Post by sevy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Graze wrote:Sevy, really like the car, congrats, hope it's as good as it looks. I'll be interested to hear how you like it / rate it compared to the RS4 after a couple of months. I was looking at a TTRS as our second car for everyday but ultimately bought a B5 RS4 for that role and love it's practicality. Enjoy your classy ride mate. Graze
Thanks Graze...so far am really enjoying it and IMO it drives as good as it looks... :D

The TT is never going to be practical...which is why we bought the wife an SUV last year which fits the kids and loads of luggage, which meant that I didn't need a practical car. I don't think there's much that beats an RS4 (B5 or B7) for the combination of practicality & performance though...and you have both!

That's a good idea to post a comparison after a couple of months between the TTRS and RS4, so I'll make sure I do that. So far though, I'm driving around like this :biggrin3:
2009 Sepang Blue TTRS Coupe
2006 Sprint Blue RS4 Saloon (B7) - Sold but not forgotten
2006 BMW 130i M Sport - Sold
1999 Imola Yellow S3 (Revo Stage 1 265 bhp) - Sold

sevy
3rd Gear

Post by sevy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:12 pm

carsarecool wrote:Sevy, enjoy the car...nice colour combo.
Thanks...enjoying it a lot so far!

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 am

carsarecool wrote:
bam_bam wrote:Another word for happy is gay.
:jump_clap: LOL, you'd know. :jump_clap:

Sevy, enjoy the car...nice colour combo. Ignore the retards.
A <beep> cannot read a dictionary, I can, can you?
Here, I'll help you out, cock.

Happy [hap-ee] - adjective

Definition - satisfied; in high-spirits

Synonyms - blessed, blest, blissful, blithe, can't complain, captivated, cheerful, chipper, chirpy, content, contented, convivial, delighted, ecstatic, elated, exultant, flying high, gay, glad, gleeful, gratified, intoxicated, jolly, joyful, joyous, jubilant, laughing, light, lively, looking good, merry, mirthful, on cloud nine, overjoyed, peaceful, peppy, perky, playful, pleasant, pleased, sparkling, sunny, thrilled, tickled, tickled pink, up, upbeat, walking on air

Antonyms - carsarecool
No matter where you go, there you are.

psg001
3rd Gear

Post by psg001 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:13 pm

well done Sevy.

I made the same change you did 12 months ago and have not been disappointed one bit.

i went for one with black recaro bucket seats, RNSE Nav, Bluetooth etc. I bought a couple of after market OSIR carbon fibre interior parts from the TT Shop (centre console surround and glovebox) and it really looks the business inside!

Wait until you get it remapped. this was one of the main reasons I chose this car, with a simple stage 1 remap and 400 bhp its a little animal and very fast!

The suspension / ride is firm, not a patch on the RS4 which inspired much more confidence, but once you adapt to it you can cover ground faster. It does corner very well, very flat, and just grips so much. Its a lighter and smaller car and you can place it very accurately into turns. I've recenlty got some supersports fitted and they are great.

Enjoy!
Daytona Grey TT RS coupe - Stage 1 400bhp+ :D

Misano Red B7 RS4 Saloon (black optics) Milltek Non-Resonated Valved Exhaust SOLD

sevy
3rd Gear

Post by sevy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:07 pm

psg001 wrote:well done Sevy.

I made the same change you did 12 months ago and have not been disappointed one bit.

i went for one with black recaro bucket seats, RNSE Nav, Bluetooth etc. I bought a couple of after market OSIR carbon fibre interior parts from the TT shop (centre console surround and glovebox) and it really looks the business inside!

Wait until you get it remapped. this was one of the main reasons I chose this car, with a simple stage 1 remap and 400 bhp its a little animal and very fast!

The suspension / ride is firm, not a patch on the RS4 which inspired much more confidence, but once you adapt to it you can cover ground faster. It does corner very well, very flat, and just grips so much. Its a lighter and smaller car and you can place it very accurately into turns. I've recenlty got some supersports fitted and they are great.

Enjoy!
Thanks! Good to hear you have no regrets about making the same move - hope I feel the same as you in 12 months time! I think you've summed my initial thoughts about the handling nicely too - I've not quite got out of the habit of cornering in the same way the RS4 did but am sure I'll get the hang of it... :D

So which remap did you go for? As you've visited the TT Shop I'm guessing REVO...? So far I'm really impressed with the stock performance - does the remap really transform the car as others claim it does? Oh, and any pics of your carbon fibre interior?

Cheers,

Sevy

Adams RS
2nd Gear

Post by Adams RS » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Nice car... I picked mine up the week before Christmas, same colour, great fun car.

Have to agree with DK and think the TT is better than my RS3 was, but if you need to be practical the RS3 is a cracking car
Current - 2011 Sepang TTRS - Milltek Secondary cat deletion pipes - S-Tronic Bangs :-)

Gone by not forgotten - 2012 Ibis RS3 - Damn coolant issue.

sevy
3rd Gear

Post by sevy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Adams RS wrote:Nice car... I picked mine up the week before Christmas, same colour, great fun car.

Have to agree with DK and think the TT is better than my RS3 was, but if you need to be practical the RS3 is a cracking car
Thanks...you obviously have good taste too... :wink:

What spec does yours have? Which alloys etc? Is it stock or do you have any mods?

Cheers...Sevy

Adams RS
2nd Gear

Post by Adams RS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 pm

S-Tronic
Mag Ride
Comfort Pack
Sat Nav +
Bose
Bluetooth
Sports Exhaust
De-Limited
19" Alloys

Haven't taken any good pics yet but here's one from the garage

It's standard at the moment, plan to get some secondary cat bypass pipes on in the next month or so and then run the car for abit and maybe look at a remap, abit wary at the moment as my RS3 had a problematic engine so want to run the TT to make sure it's all ok before doing anything to much to it
Current - 2011 Sepang TTRS - Milltek Secondary cat deletion pipes - S-Tronic Bangs :-)

sevy
3rd Gear

Post by sevy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Adams RS wrote:S-Tronic
Mag Ride
Comfort Pack
Sat Nav +
Bose
Bluetooth
Sports Exhaust
De-Limited
19" Alloys

It's standard at the moment, plan to get some secondary cat bypass pipes on in the next month or so and then run the car for abit and maybe look at a remap, abit wary at the moment as my RS3 had a problematic engine so want to run the TT to make sure it's all ok before doing anything to much to it
Nice - that looks a very well specced car. Am jealous of the sports exhaust! :)
Ideally I'd have liked to go s-tronic too but my budget wouldn't stretch that far. The manual is still loads of fun though even if not as quick...

Interesting re your RS3 - what sort of problems/symptoms did you have with the engine? Bearing in mind it's supposed to be the same engine in the TTRS and RS3 I find it strange that I've heard virtually nothing about engine problems in the TT but a few reports of engine problems with the RS3...? :?

Adams RS
2nd Gear

Post by Adams RS » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm

sevy wrote:
Adams RS wrote:S-Tronic
Mag Ride
Comfort Pack
Sat Nav +
Bose
Bluetooth
Sports Exhaust
De-Limited
19" Alloys

Nice - that looks a very well specced car. Am jealous of the sports exhaust! :)
Ideally I'd have liked to go s-tronic too but my budget wouldn't stretch that far. The manual is still loads of fun though even if not as quick...

Interesting re your RS3 - what sort of problems/symptoms did you have with the engine? Bearing in mind it's supposed to be the same engine in the TTRS and RS3 I find it strange that I've heard virtually nothing about engine problems in the TT but a few reports of engine problems with the RS3...? :?
Thanks Sevy, you can always go aftermarket exhaust sure it would sound good. Yeah wanted an S-Tronic as enjoyed the 3 that had the same box and was great for traffic.

My RS3 was loosing coolant, was in for a total of 8 weeks over the 6 months of owning it, new cyclinder head etc so had enough and got a refund, Audi ended up putting a new engine in the car after i got my money back. Think I was just unlucky with that one

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Adams RS wrote:...after i got my money back. Think I was just unlucky with that one
...or very lucky, all things considered.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Adams RS
2nd Gear

Post by Adams RS » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm

bam_bam wrote:
Adams RS wrote:...after i got my money back. Think I was just unlucky with that one
Yeah looking it like that I guess so lol.. Was hassle free getting a refund

sevy
3rd Gear

Post by sevy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Adams RS wrote:
bam_bam wrote:
Yeah looking it like that I guess so lol.. Was hassle free getting a refund
It might not have felt too lucky at the time you were having problems, but if you managed to get a hassle-free refund from Audi at the end of it then Bam's right - you were lucky! :wink:

Either way, hope you don't have similar problems with the TTRS and can just enjoy that great engine...

Return to “TTRS / TTRS Plus (Mk2 Typ 8J) 2006–2014”