Wheel sizing advice

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
jhammond
Neutral

Wheel sizing advice

Post by jhammond » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:15 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a second set of wheels for my B8 RS4, primarily to fit winter tires. This is my first time buying wheels separately so I'm looking for advice on sizing and to hear what others have fitted to this chassis. A common question I would have thought but I ran a couple of searches and didn't easily find what I was looking for.

I currently have the 5xV-spokes, 20" x 9J, ET26 offset (I think?). Standard tyre fit - 265 30 R20. Initially I figured I would just buy a set of the standard OEM 19"s that were sold for the car but I underestimated how hard these would be to find in any decent condition, and most of the other Audi wheels in this sizing seem to have significantly different offset (from the TT etc).

I'm flexible on design so I'm happy looking at something else, either Audi or reputable aftermarket manufacturer but I don't have confidence going too far off piste on the sizing. 9J wheels seem to be highly available in the correct PCD so I've no desire to change width, but how far can I stray on offset? Any specific recommendations for alternatives, or source for the OEM 19's?

Thanks in advance

Kees777
Neutral

Re: Wheel sizing advice

Post by Kees777 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:21 am

Hi,
Am looking at exact the same: fitting winter tires. I looked up in the manual and that says 8.0J, 19 inch, ET26, 235/40 tyres.

So a thinner tyre which is better on snow and smaller also in view of fitting snow chains (and required spacing between wheels and wheel wells).

I am limiting my search to this combination. What I have found so far:

TEC SPEEDWHEELS AS5

AS5 GUN METAL

Question I now have if I have to meet the 66.5 or can work with center rings to go up to 72.5 for the axle.

hindsight
1st Gear

Post by hindsight » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:08 pm

Jumping on an old thread but I've sold my rs4 now and still have a pair of original audi rs4 19" alloys with continental summer tyres on. If anyone is interested in buying the wheels they'd make a great option for winter tyres, or just a spare set. They are the standard wheels the B8 RS4 came with if you didn't upgrade to 20". My car had 20" V spokes but I bought the 19" wheels to give the ride quality a bit more compliance.

I put some pics up on the for sale section ages ago but can refresh the ad if anyone is interested, otherwise will stick on ebay.

RSCamb
Neutral

Post by RSCamb » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:16 pm

hindsight wrote:Jumping on an old thread but I've sold my rs4 now and still have a pair of original audi rs4 19" alloys with continental summer tyres on. If anyone is interested in buying the wheels they'd make a great option for winter tyres, or just a spare set. They are the standard wheels the B8 RS4 came with if you didn't upgrade to 20". My car had 20" V spokes but I bought the 19" wheels to give the ride quality a bit more compliance.

I put some pics up on the for sale section ages ago but can refresh the ad if anyone is interested, otherwise will stick on ebay.
Hi, do you still have the 19s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hindsight
1st Gear

Post by hindsight » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:38 pm

Hi, yes drop me a DM if you're interested. Kind regards.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”