Dampers DRS

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
ratbane
Neutral

Dampers DRS

Post by ratbane » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Just having my 5th damper and DRS recharge in 3 years and 19k miles.

Astonished
2nd Gear

Re: Dampers DRS

Post by Astonished » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:47 pm

That’s certainly a sad thing, although lots seem to have had issues with DRC. So feel for you. Did they say why it needs multiple regas?

I’m one of the fortunate ones. No problems until I figured at 7 years and 240,000kms it was getting tired so replaced the lot with factory DRC as original. Totally “back to new” although they did have to do a regas/top up a few thousand kms after the new install - done under warranty for the whole system. Now tight and exciting again, although whilst “floaty” before the refit it still hung on well enough, just not like it can be and now is back to.

ratbane
Neutral

Re: Dampers DRS

Post by ratbane » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:45 pm

Astonished wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:47 pm
That’s certainly a sad thing, although lots seem to have had issues with DRC. So feel for you. Did they say why it needs multiple regas?

I’m one of the fortunate ones. No problems until I figured at 7 years and 240,000kms it was getting tired so replaced the lot with factory DRC as original. Totally “back to new” although they did have to do a regas/top up a few thousand kms after the new install - done under warranty for the whole system. Now tight and exciting again, although whilst “floaty” before the refit it still hung on well enough, just not like it can be and now is back to.
Recharge everytime a new damper is needed.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”