Need advice on newly purchased RS4

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
shadowedition
Neutral

Need advice on newly purchased RS4

Post by shadowedition » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:25 pm

Hi all,

Completely new here.

So in the process of tying up a deal which would see my F10 M5 go to audi and in return getting a 2013 RS4 pretty well spec'd. I'm going about 2 years older than my current car and with 63 miles. Price of the car is reasonable (<£30k) but Audi are saying they can't give me audi warranty but are covering me with RAC warranty.

My query is just really...should I do it? Must admit I'm a beamer fan until i drove an RS4 B8 and have been craving them since. Audi are assuring me the car is in perfect condition etc and mileage-wise I know the cars probably got another 40-50k miles that I'll be adding on just looking for tips from you guys as a new Audi owner. Should I pay for Audi's extended warranty @£1400? Is the gearbox really something I should be worried about? Cars also got CCB so I'm hoping without tracking the car I shouldn't have to worry about changing them during my ownership.

Last thing and I know this is a weird question but where do Audi RS4 prices go from here? As an M5 person nobody expected the E39 and E60s to get so popular and here we are with people craving the NA V8/V10 engines. Is this something people see happening with the B8 RS4 being a NA V8?

Cheers and great to be here.

114uyc
2nd Gear

Re: Need advice on newly purchased RS4

Post by 114uyc » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:07 pm

Re warranty I personally would not buy a car from Audi main dealer that does not come with a years approved used warranty with no excess.

It’s my belief that if you renew this warranty at the end of the year before it expires it’s a lot cheaper than the price quoted online. I have been extending my for years and it’s pretty good value all things considered. Would also expect one years Audi roadside assistance, it’s only £90 but worth every penny imo.

There are plenty of cars around so make sure you get the right spec.

Mav8
3rd Gear

Post by Mav8 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:24 pm

Agree with 114uyc
What’s the point of buying from a main dealer and getting a 3rd party warranty
I’d be more worried about what they hiding if they’re not prepared to warranty a car they are selling
I’d just walk away
You’re not buying a Uber rare car, plenty of B8’s out there.
Just my 2p worth
Mav8
RS3- Sepang
Gone
F80-M3
B7-RS4
B5-RS4

shadowedition
Neutral

Post by shadowedition » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:19 pm

Ended up bailing on this one. Felt uneasy about an Audi approved used not coming with audi warranty for at least a year and gut was telling me don't do it.

Back to square 1..

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”