Forum has gone very quiet..?

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
johnnydog
3rd Gear

Forum has gone very quiet..?

Post by johnnydog » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:30 pm

Over the last few months the forum for the B8 has gone very quiet. I commented some time back about this - compared to the B7 section, the total number of topics is very low in comparison. Is everyone selling up, or is the B8 more reliable than the B7?!? :wink:
Maybe the good ones out there are becoming few and far between and maybe even going up in value (even taking into account the generally higher prices of good used cars today)??
Last time I saw another B8 on the road was on the M6 northbound nearly 2 months ago..... Fuel hasn't gone up so much to stop owners from using them? :? Surely...?

Rs4nutter
1st Gear

Re: Forum has gone very quiet..?

Post by Rs4nutter » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:07 pm

johnnydog, was thinking this myself, check ever now and again but no new threads. Mines been parked up for 5 weeks as been off work with knee/foot issues, was gonna start using the mondeo for work as wife works from home, but she changed her mind.
Filled up this morning and no price increase compared to last tank, don’t see many about when driving wagon, even the b9!!
Must just be reliable cars!! Had to drain some oil out as level was high, 3 weeks after service to flash on dash!! Go figure, just enjoying it 😁👍

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:14 am

The B7 forum has just short of 17,000 topics, whereas the B8 has only just less than 2,000. I appreciate that the B7 itself has been around for 6 years longer, but the figures aren't equal relatively.
A classic car forum that I use has also gone relatively quiet over the last two or three years - that is down to more use being made of 'faceache' or 'facepage' :? groups for those particular classic cars. Hope this forum doesn't go the same way - I have never been into using 'faceache' / 'facepage' :? or the like, and I can't see me doing so in the foreseeable.....I'm bit of a dinosaur I guess.... :roll:

JamesBaby
3rd Gear

Post by JamesBaby » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:26 pm

A lot of people are on the Facebook type forums now and ask questions etc there. It's sad in way as the topics don't search as well as they do on a online forum like this.

The B8 is more reliable and less prone to issues. I had one until recently but now I'm on my second B7 Avant and love it.

miatang
3rd Gear

Post by miatang » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:02 pm

Its been quiet for a while. When a new thread gets started hardly anyone replies anymore.

Boredofthis
Neutral

Post by Boredofthis » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:00 am

Maybe people are toop busy out and about enjoying them to post on the forums :jump:
Had mine just over 6 months now, still loving every minute. Aside from a Cam actuator fault which I replaced myself ive had no issues. Might have a very slow coolant leak but can't find any evidence so far.
2014 RS4 Avant Ibis White Black Edition on Titanium grey 20" V-Spokes

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”