TYRE RECOMMENDATIONS

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
too hot
2nd Gear

TYRE RECOMMENDATIONS

Post by too hot » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:09 pm

Having just joined the B8 club I have been looking for two tyres or four depending on availability.
The car is currently on Pirelli’s but will need two front tyres in the new year.
Pirelli’s are not my first choice Michelin PS4S are.
Ideally looking for a bit of advice on what others on the forum are running?
Any recommendations on where to get the best deals?

geforce
Neutral

Re: TYRE RECOMMENDATIONS

Post by geforce » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:43 pm

PS4s and wait for a blackcircle offer is my two cents. Anyone whom says they can get you a wicked discount on PS4s are generally liars

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boredofthis
Neutral

Post by Boredofthis » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:50 pm

too hot wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:09 pm
Having just joined the B8 club I have been looking for two tyres or four depending on availability.
The car is currently on Pirelli’s but will need two front tyres in the new year.
Pirelli’s are not my first choice Michelin PS4S are.
Ideally looking for a bit of advice on what others on the forum are running?
Any recommendations on where to get the best deals?
Hey, I recently changed to Michelin PS 4S's on mine, all I can say is they seem briliant so far. A lot of the time Michelin offer a cashback offer on tyres which I got with mine, put it in the same price bracket as other UHP tyres and even slightly lower performance ones.I would have paid full price though, always had good results with Michelin before.
2014 RS4 Avant Ibis White Black Edition on Titanium grey 20" V-Spokes

CusterDome
1st Gear

Post by CusterDome » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:55 pm

I also went from P Zero's to PS4S and it was a good move. I think tyre choices are very subjective, and made my choice after plenty of research, - they definitely feel better, a little less buzzy and turn in seemed a little sharper, but when all is told you just have to do the research and trust the pro testers.

After a lot of shopping around and asking for discounts etc, I ended up getting the best deal from, shock/horror, the local Kwik-Fit.

Rs4nutter
1st Gear

Post by Rs4nutter » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:59 pm

too hot
Bought mine with <beep> tyres on, nexen, so got rid as edges were starting to crack so ordered some PS4S, set of 4!! Did have to wait approx 5 weeks for delivery!! Back order!!
What a massive difference these made, now feel confident to throw it round corners, can’t go wrong with these!!
Good luck

too hot
2nd Gear

Post by too hot » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:59 pm

Excellent advice guys.I have been to a couple of tyre places and have been told that mine are not that bad and should last till early spring !
Ideally I will change to Michelin ps4s all round !

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”