Build Spec

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
M10clm
Neutral

Build Spec

Post by M10clm » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently hunting for a b8 RS4 but pretty picky with the spec I’m after. I’ve been let down on a couple which were advertised incorrectly and I wanted to ask if there is any way to check / confirm build spec before eating time to go an view again.

Can spec be checked online anywhere?
I understand build spec codes should be on a Sticker on the car / on owners service book? Is this correct

Thanks in advance

geforce
Neutral

Re: Build Spec

Post by geforce » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:07 pm

If you download the original brochures (which are a on this forum) it lists all option codes.

You'll need the VIN to check digitally and sellers are obviously reluctant to provide this. There are folks on here that will run a check for you once armed with the VIN though.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

M10clm
Neutral

Post by M10clm » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:34 pm

Thanks for the response. I have the brochure already downloaded so just need to try and see if the seller will share the vin. I presume it’s no longer possible to get VIN numbers from the reg?

geforce
Neutral

Post by geforce » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:45 pm

M10clm wrote:Thanks for the response. I have the brochure already downloaded so just need to try and see if the seller will share the vin. I presume it’s no longer possible to get VIN numbers from the reg?
I don't think so no, whilst on my search this wasn't viable.

You need to find somebody that is prepared to provide you with the information via ETKA or Audi service records. Audi are again obviously reluctant if you're not the registered owner. AFAiK

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

partymonkey
Neutral

Post by partymonkey » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:04 am

I found this online in the past but I can't make any guarantees about the accuracy of it : http://prsearch.planetvag.com/

If you could get a seller to take a piccy of the build codes Sticker but without the VIN number included (hopefully they'd be more receptive to this), then you could punch the codes in.

I've done it with my own car (B9 RS4) and found that whilst the results gave some of the options (No Pano roof, privacy glass sides & rear, 'decorative inserts' = the carbon fibre I assume), there was much more info about the core spec build detail (Engine, suspension, Alternator, battery capacity, UK build spec etc ) rather than the full options the previous owner spec'd that I can get off the my Audi app. Things like : 20" alloys, speed restriction increase to 174mph, enhanced interior LED lighting etc didn't show up in an obvious format from the codes.

So, can't promise it would give you all of what you looking for but might be worth a crack at least.
Jon - RS4 B9

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Do you have a reg no that you need a VIN no for?
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

M10clm
Neutral

Post by M10clm » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:50 pm

Yes have the ref number already but not the VIN. Seems some of the options the sellers are unsure of and I’ve had the hassle of seeing two that doesn’t end up being the advertised spec

morski
3rd Gear

Post by morski » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Site is not working that i have access to..
RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics & Lots more..
A6 BiTdi Avant
Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Retrim

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:59 pm

You used to be able to ring Audi UK, and they would supply details of spec over and above standard i.e. options, and also details of service history. Depending on how well you know you local Audi dealer, then they can also have details of spec and any Audi servicing.
With GDPR, I don't know how easy it is to get this info these days, but if you local Audi dealer is likely to get any servicing or repair work in the future, then they may be more amenable to supply it. By supplying the spec, they are not giving anyones personal details, and if the car can be seen as available for sale, then you would like to think that supplying this info shouldn't be too much of a problem.
But then again there are those that use (and don't understand) 'data protection' as a reason to justify 'can't be arsed' attitudes....

M10clm
Neutral

Post by M10clm » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:07 pm

Thanks all, annoyingly the car I was hoping to view was sold before I could get there. The search continues…

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”