Warranty (worthwhile?)

4.2 V8 32v FSI - 444 bhp
samsam
Neutral

Warranty (worthwhile?)

Post by samsam » Sun May 23, 2021 9:27 pm

Great forum, loads of info already soaked up. :beerchug:

In the market for a B8, always wanted a B7 since they came out but funds have not allowed till now. Now they are a bit long in the tooth and dare I say looking a bit dated now (still better looking than 99.9% of modern alternatives) the b8 with its V8 has me hooked.

The one i am looking at has had all the essential gear/diff oils done and has quite recently had new front shocks and drc associated stuff done under warranty.

For peace of mind i want to also get warranty, mainly gearbox and drc fear but not sure who to go for?

They are offering a Warranty Wise premium plus for £1300.

Any thoughts, probably going to pull the trigger on it tomorrow. :jump:

G30001
3rd Gear

Re: Warranty (worthwhile?)

Post by G30001 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Jesus that is good.

Mine was £2,200 this year on my old 2014 car bu then again I have claimed for nearly 6 times what I have paid in premiums the last 3 years.

£1,300 isn't bad for a top one.

What's your claim limit & labour rate?

WW are pretty good but remember it isn't full component, they would not have it when my Pano roof leaked and trust me I tried all angles claiming it was both a mechanical & Electrical component.

Everything else (suspension, steering rack, thermostat, fuel pump plus) all paid no quibble.

Other thing to remember is they only pay book number of hours labour so ypu can end up having to pay an hour here and there!
2013 B8 RS4 - Reflex Silver Black Pack probably the 2nd lowest mileage in County
2014 B8 RS4 - Daytona Grey bag of nails with Silver Styling gone

samsam
Neutral

Re: Warranty (worthwhile?)

Post by samsam » Sun May 23, 2021 9:55 pm

Limit and labour rate, ill ask tomorrow.

You have had your moneys worth then, had a pano roof on a touareg, sills went on that :bash: so i have learnt my lesson, this one don't have one.

Return to “RS4 (B8 Typ 8K) 2012-2016”